And in perefectly-formed sentences too.
    😀

Re: Drakefords announcement Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    ��
    Oops!

It's comforting to have an epedemiologist on the board who can explain the virology to us.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's blatant plagiarism surely! I still prefer LOM's original version though and I think he should get all the credit for educating us all.

Particularly because he has the knack of presenting information so succinctly and without confusing us all with concepts like cytokines, lymphocytes, cd4+ and cd8+ cells, let alone disappearing antibodies.

That's blatant plagiarism surely! I still prefer LOM's original version though and I think he should get all the credit for educating us all.

Particularly because he has the knack of presenting information so succinctly and without confusing us all with concepts like cytokines, lymphocytes, cd4+ and cd8+ cells, let alone disappearing antibodies.
    I'm particularly interested in his views on the vulnerability of people to covid who have depleted B cells and CD20 protein.

It's almost 2 years now. We have to learn to live with it and not close down things.

Is it nightclubs that are driving infections? Or are they merely a small part of the overall picture that as usual are the easy target.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's almost 2 years now. We have to learn to live with it and not close down things.

Is it nightclubs that are driving infections? Or are they merely a small part of the overall picture that as usual are the easy target.
    nightclubs are a easy target, not many middle aged ( or older ) will care about them shutting and will just say " yes its them youngsters who are spreading it, that'll teach them " ( forgetting maybe they were young once and did a little dancing in the disco and forgetting how the last 2 years have been for these youngsters who should be having the time of their lives enjoying being young )

get your jabs, Life will return to normal they said

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    nightclubs are a easy target, not many middle aged ( or older ) will care about them shutting and will just say " yes its them youngsters who are spreading it, that'll teach them " ( forgetting maybe they were young once and did a little dancing in the disco and forgetting how the last 2 years have been for these youngsters who should be having the time of their lives enjoying being young )

And u believed the bufoon Boris??

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And u believed the bufoon Boris??
    pretty sure it was the scientists who told us to get out jabs and we will be good to go

pretty sure it was the scientists who told us to get out jabs and we will be good to go
    Did they? Get the jabs carry on.?

Whitty was on the side of caution the bufoon said carry on with your Christmas do but work from home.

The trouble is this sneaky virus has a clever way of mutating fairly quickly Matt so as to evade the body's defences. Scientists are fully aware of this but it seems not all politicians are. Caution has to be our byword.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Did they? Get the jabs carry on.?

Whitty was on the side of caution the bufoon said carry on with your Christmas do but work from home.
    I'm thinking back before we had jabs, they were very pro getting the jabs so our lives could get back to normal

The trouble is this sneaky virus has a clever way of mutating fairly quickly Matt so as to evade the body's defences. Scientists are fully aware of this but it seems not all politicians are. Caution has to be our byword.
    I had my booster this morning, the trouble with lockdowns / circuit breakers etc etc is that when this is over in X amount of years, what will we have left ? ? ? hospitality will be looking fairly scarce, the travel industry will be massively depleted, all this will cost jobs

I had my booster this morning, the trouble with lockdowns / circuit breakers etc etc is that when this is over in X amount of years, what will we have left ? ? ? hospitality will be looking fairly scarce, the travel industry will be massively depleted, all this will cost jobs
    That will only happen if there is no demand for any of the things you mention. I'd say the opposite will happen, there is likely to be a boom in hospitality and Travel when there are no restrictions whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That will only happen if there is no demand for any of the things you mention. I'd say the opposite will happen, there is likely to be a boom in hospitality and Travel when there are no restrictions whatsoever.
    I used to think that, but the longer it goes on and the more of these sectors companies disappear, I'm not sure, great for new start-ups when this is over maybe

Maybe but far more people alive thank goodness.

Maybe but far more people alive thank goodness.
    indeed

its a fine line, I certainly wouldn't lie to be making the calls ( but I can ponder if we are getting it right )

indeed

its a fine line, I certainly wouldn't lie to be making the calls ( but I can ponder if we are getting it right )
    Of course, I agree with you but I prefer to listen to impartial scientists rather than politicians. I'm not sure if anyone could ever get this perfectly right; it's an awful situation.

I really like listening to whitty speak but surely he must have known the way these things go? With variants etc….think he’s started to divulge a bit more lately which I think people need to hear. I always had the feeling he’s been holding stuff back ( boris saying dont tell them this whatever etc…)Let’s hope he’s right about covid becoming more manageable as time goes on, treatments improve, and the virus mutates into something not so serious (like hopefully omicron might be). Like Matt says, clubs, pubs, restaurants and hotels can’t go on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I really like listening to whitty speak but surely he must have known the way these things go? With variants etc….think he’s started to divulge a bit more lately which I think people need to hear. I always had the feeling he’s been holding stuff back ( boris saying dont tell them this whatever etc…)Let’s hope he’s right about covid becoming more manageable as time goes on, treatments improve, and the virus mutates into something not so serious (like hopefully omicron might be). Like Matt says, clubs, pubs, restaurants and hotels can’t go on like this.
    I often think he's holding back because he doesn't want to say something that could undermine the Government's message being delivered that day.
    Also I think sometimes Boris asks the scientists, unfairly, to answer a question that he should be answering himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I often think he's holding back because he doesn't want to say something that could undermine the Government's message being delivered that day.
    Also I think sometimes Boris asks the scientists, unfairly, to answer a question that he should be answering himself.
    I reckon he knows it’s going to take about 3-5 years before we get back to anything like normal, but you can’t tell the masses this as they might freak out. Better just tell them little snippets, stay at home, then the vaccines we should be fine, then a booster, just keep it ticking along and before you know it a few years has gone without any anti social behaviour or protests…..

Yes they are an easy target

I feel for nightclub owners, Clwb Ifor Bach for instance invested in better ventilation facilities having been told that + Covid passes would be sufficient now they're closed down again

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I reckon he knows it’s going to take about 3-5 years before we get back to anything like normal, but you can’t tell the masses this as they might freak out. Better just tell them little snippets, stay at home, then the vaccines we should be fine, then a booster, just keep it ticking along and before you know it a few years has gone without any anti social behaviour or protests…..
    Yes it might take 3-5; years. We've just got to grin and bear it. If we keep calm well beat it