+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PDC World Darts thread

Re: PDC World Darts thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ve been watching darts for around forty years and that’s the first 9-darter I’ve ever managed to see live. Brilliant stuff. Great game, this.
    Much prefer it when Price just lets his darts do the talking, rather than when he feels he needs to get into his opponent's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Much prefer it when Price just lets his darts do the talking, rather than when he feels he needs to get into his opponent's face.
    He’s got a lot better in that respect during the last couple of years. He seems to have plenty of respect for Smith, but then the latter is impossible to dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He’s got a lot better in that respect during the last couple of years. He seems to have plenty of respect for Smith, but then the latter is impossible to dislike.
    Brilliant match. Think Smith just about edged it but everytime he looked like he'd get ahead, Price hauled him back in.

Pity about a few pricks in the crowd.

I hope Smith wins the tournament now. I love the pace that he plays at and his scoring rate.

Please not Wade or Anderson.

Great game although the strange thing is I didn't think Gerwyn played that well tonight, certainly nowhere near as well as his last round.

I do like Michael Smith I have to say.
    Great to watch. Plays at a high tempo and seems a genuinely nice guy.

Really hope Smith wins it from here.

Great stuff.
    I hope Smith wins the tournament, and playing like he is I can't see anyone getting near him.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I hope Smith wins the tournament now. I love the pace that he plays at and his scoring rate.

I think it would be funny if a Scot won after the constant singing of "Scotland get battered" throughout the tournament

£50,000 if you hit two nine darters!

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Great stuff.
    I hope Smith wins the tournament, and playing like he is I can't see anyone getting near him.
    Agreed. He should have won a major by now. He looks like he's on a mission. If he can get to the final (I can't see Wade doing much against him), a good start will see him home. Wright the only likely danger for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Can't see Wade living with Smith, even if he isn't at his best.

Hope Wright beats Anderson as I wouldn't mind Wright beating Smith in the final.

Smith 6/4
    Wright 13/8
    Anderson 4/1
    Wade 7/1

Smith 6/4
    Wright 13/8
    Anderson 4/1
    Wade 7/1
    Interesting. I don't think Smith will get any harder matches than the last two he's played, so it's probably right.

As good as Smith has been he gives up opportunities. Clayton went 2-0 up, O'Connor missed 2 darts at 40 to go 2-0 up in Round 3 and Price had match darts. Either Smith will get punished at some point or his name's on the trophy

Or there's some tomfoolery going to help the betting markets

Smith is consistent plods along and hits the doubles and takes out over 100's as well. It is him or Clayton for me. Knew that Price could not take it tonight. Smith just seems in the zone and plays his game, like he is in the practice room, same as Clayton. Smith V Wright final please.

Wright and Anderson are the better option from a punting aspect.
    Smith could get very nervous if he makes the final, where as the other 2 have been there and done it.

Just noticed that Wade is ranked 4 in the world! I'm not sure how the ranking points are worked out, but that surprised me.

Just noticed that Wade is ranked 4 in the world! I'm not sure how the ranking points are worked out, but that surprised me.
    It's a rolling total of all prize money won in ranking events. He won the UK Open last year, has made a final and semi final of the Grand Slam and made another TV semi final. He won £25k 2 years ago at the World Championship, so he's already made £75k more to add to his tally for the Order of Merit. If he loses he'll only drop a place (or two) if Michael Smith wins the event or Anderson makes a final. If Wade wins the tournament he'll jump to 3rd (I think).

It's a rolling total of all prize money won in ranking events. He won the UK Open last year, has made a final and semi final of the Grand Slam and made another TV semi final. He won £25k 2 years ago at the World Championship, so he's already made £75k more to add to his tally for the Order of Merit. If he loses he'll only drop a place (or two) if Michael Smith wins the event or Anderson makes a final. If Wade wins the tournament he'll jump to 3rd (I think).
    Thanks for that Eric.
    Is it a case of him entering more competitions, thus winning more £'s. Or is it just a case of me seeming to loath him? ...

Complete mismatch this.
    Whitewash written all over it, if Smith manages to stay awake!

Well that wasn't in the script! 2-1

Thanks for that Eric.
    Is it a case of him entering more competitions, thus winning more £'s. Or is it just a case of me seeming to loath him? ...
    Don't know about him entering more tournaments. I should have added it's a rolling 2 year tally.

Jonny Clayton has won more prize money than him this year but most of it has been in non-ranking events (like the Premier League and Masters) and so doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well that wasn't in the script! 2-1
    I had a gut feeling that Wade could grind out a result, but it's looking like 6-1 from here.

I had a gut feeling that Wade could grind out a result, but it's looking like 6-1 from here.
    He had actually got himself right back in it and looked like he'd got under Smith's skin.
    Then he blew it, missing darts for 2-2.

Smith cooking on gas now.

Smith is consistent, he takes out the big finishes. He plods along. Smith will be well deserved of the World Title, I thought it would be Clayton but smith beat him. Both players are well deserved. He still needs to get through here first mind. Looking good at the moment.

Wade pulls one back against the darts!
    Smith thinking of the prize perhaps?