+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Footballers Vaccine Reluctancy Close It Down

Will Footballers Vaccine Reluctancy Close It Down

As the new variant is more transmissible, and lots of footballers have not even had the initial two vaccines , never mind the booster , we may see a shut down of fixtures, as we see games being cancelled , due to positive cases at clubs ??.

Its alleged 19 players at Man U may have Covid

Watford v Burnley now postponed with fans already on the road ?

Re: Will Footballers Vaccine Reluctancy Close It Down

Im sure I heard that In Germany players won’t be paid if they haven’t had the vaccine and they get covid.

Freedom of choice aside, but you got to see it from the employers side too.
    Difference is with top level sport - the player could be a multi million point asset, so the club need to tread carefully.
    But if the governing body/sponsors and TV companies dictates this then there won’t be that resistance.

Devils vs Dundee off tonight,one Dundee player tested positive for covid.I fear in the coming weeks many more games will be affected.

I wonder if there was conflict at the City between Mick and the players around vaccine take up?

Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed? I know a few people this week that have tested positive but have been jabbed.

I'd also imagine a lot of younger players may have been previously infected which is basically a dose of vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed? I know a few people this week that have tested positive but have been jabbed.

I'd also imagine a lot of younger players may have been previously infected which is basically a dose of vaccine.
    I've been "advised" that quite a few senior players have refused the jabs, one maybe our most expensive asset. I guess the club can't force them so it's difficult all round. We do have our fair share of dull players though 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I've been "advised" that quite a few senior players have refused the jabs, one maybe our most expensive asset. I guess the club can't force them so it's difficult all round. We do have our fair share of dull players though ��
    And the Welsh medical team took a dim view of his stance recently as well. Living their lives on social media and believing everything they read apparently.

I read an article earlier saying that 25% of players in the Premier League and EFL have had a single vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Do we know there are many that haven't been jabbed?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

The English Football League says a quarter of players at its member clubs "do not intend to get a vaccine" against Covid-19. And as of last month 31% of players had not received a first dose.

Vaccine data collected by the EFL in November showed 75% of players were either fully vaccinated, had had a single jab or intended to be vaccinated. Double-vaccinated players totalled 59%, with 10% having had a single dose at the time, while 6% were set to get a first jab. However, 25% of players said they "currently do not intend to get a vaccine".

My view of covid society is that people are dying prematurely from this virus

We now have several jabs that can lessen the chances of becoming very ill

Nurses , doctors and other people are putting their lives on the line for us

If I ran the country you would have to prove that your medical condition meant the jab was bad for your health

If you couldn't prove that , it wouldn't matter if you were on 500 quid a week or a highly paid footballer

Shut the feck up , roll up your sleeve , you are having it !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I read an article earlier saying that 25% of players in the Premier League and EFL have had a single vaccine.
    25% have NOT had a single jab, and have no intentionof getting one.
    Idiots.

It's only a matter of time before a player has their career cut short due to long covid or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    25% have NOT had a single jab, and have no intentionof getting one.
    Idiots.
    Soppy Tarts , no sympathy for them if they get it

They are not known for their intelligence let’s be blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They are not known for their intelligence let’s be blunt.
    I know that is the stereotype (and with good reason in many cases) but I'm sure they are, on average, at least as intelligent as the average person. I've not met many, but some of the ones I have met didn't strike me as morons.

Although yeah, hard to understand why a footballer, even an intelligent one, would rate his own "research" above the sheer weight of medical science that tells us that jabs are a Good Thing.

And in that age group - is 25% particularly high, as a proportion of people who are essentialy tin-foil-hat wearing nutjobs?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if there was conflict at the City between Mick and the players around vaccine take up?
    Yeah they fell out over jabs.
    He wanted them to have five in the back

Players Christmas get together/party last weekend apparently, unjabbed mixing freely