+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter Thorne was on 10k a goal?

Re: Peter Thorne was on 10k a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Maybe but we sold our best players within a year due to financial mismanagement.
    That may have been the catalyst, but three of the four were very definitely and very obviously destined for bigger and better things than mid-table in the Championship.

After Kav left werent we still in deep sh!t financially and got some Football League loan. Then proceeded to bring in some loan players think Neil Ardley may have been one pissing off relegation rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    After Kav left werent we still in deep sh!t financially and got some Football League loan. Then proceeded to bring in some loan players think Neil Ardley may have been one pissing off relegation rivals.
    Ardley did well for us as did Neil Cox, or am i imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ardley did well for us as did Neil Cox, or am i imagining that?
    Both seemed decent if i remember it was long ago. I think Ardley was getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thorne was worth every penny, no matter what he was paid. We should be grateful that the club went in for players like that. Him and Kavanagh were instrumental in getting us on the map and establishing our club as a Championship side.
    I’m not sure that I agree with that.

£1.7m was an awful lot of money back then especially just after we’d paid £1m for Kav who in my opinion was much more influential.

We signed Ardley and Michael Bouldibg within a few days of receiving a loan from the PFA - a typical Sam Hammam stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’m not sure that I agree with that.

£1.7m was an awful lot of money back then especially just after we’d paid £1m for Kav who in my opinion was much more influential.
    Kav bought for £1m sold for £350k

South Wales Echo.

Cardiff City skipper Graham Kavanagh has left the club.

He has been sold to Wigan Athletic today for pounds 350,000.

The Republic of Ireland international and his family were flown up to Manchester last night and passed a medical this morning.

Kavanagh, who became the Bluebirds' first pounds 1m player following his move from Stoke City in the summer of 2001, is the first departure following this week's news that the cash-strapped Ninian Park club have debts thought to be in the region of pounds 30-40m.

And while the deal will bring in much-needed funds, Kavanagh's move will stun City's supporters as they lose their influential skipper when the team are facing a relegation battle.

'I'm an emotional man and when I was told that I had to leave the club I was heartbroken and broke down in tears,' said Kavanagh.

'I was doing my C Badge on Tuesday hoping that one day I would be a coach of this club - 24 hours later I'm sold and everything is up in the air.

'I'm extremely upset about the whole thing, but I was told by the gaffer (Lennie Lawrence) that if I didn't go to Wigan the future of the club was in jeopardy.

'I love this club and planned my whole life around it.

'It has been a bloody disaster of a week, I'm devastated and emotionally drained by the whole thing.

'I was told things were not right at the start of the week and as skipper I was going around the players making sure they were up for tomorrow's match.

'But then hours later I'm the first bloody player to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Same source has the club basher and staff maybe? 😂
    So a load of shit then.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So a load of shit then.
    Most prob 😀

Has there ever been a more influential midfielder who played for City inthe last 50 years? I can't think of one but maybe the bright sparks on here have a few alternative names up their sleeves.