+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lib Dems win North Shropshire.

Lib Dems win North Shropshire.

Conservatives lose by a majority of nearly six thousand - the pressure on Johnson just got a lot greater.

Re: Lib Dems win North Shropshire.

People on the dailymail comments section saying uts because the tories are too far left.

Mental and beyond deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Conservatives lose by a majority of nearly six thousand - the pressure on Johnson just got a lot greater.
    After having a 23,000 majority too beginning of the end? I’d love to see the Lib Dems rise up as they usually get my vote

Long days ahead for Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    After having a 23,000 majority too beginning of the end? I’d love to see the Lib Dems rise up as they usually get my vote
    A stronger Liberal party would be great as they and Labour could and must form a coalition to kick out the tories and keep them out .

But this is just a protest vote . Come the proper election they will all swop back .

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    People on the dailymail comments section saying uts because the tories are too far left.

I will have none of that . Its a quality , moderate newspaper .

Liberal leader .......watershed moment in British Politics 🤣

How many times have they rolled that one out ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A stronger Liberal party would be great as they and Labour could and must form a coalition to kick out the tories and keep them out .

But this is just a protest vote . Come the proper election they will all swop back .
    Almost certainly true.
    But if Boris is still leading the Tories, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Almost certainly true.
    But if Boris is still leading the Tories, who knows?
    Even with him leading the clowns I think the country is stupid enough to vote him back in

A chunk of his majority will be gone but I don't think enough heads will roll

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Funnily enough last time I voted for the liberals (nick clegg was it?) they did quite well and then formed an alliance with the Tories…..to oust the Labour government I think…..

Saloppy seconds for the Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Still Wrekin havoc with your puns I see!

The party’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Touché!

Good outcome and the kicking Johnson richly deserves. Why do people refer to the twat as “Boris?”. That’s what he wants. All part of his pathetic branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have only just got that

Very clever

Not like me

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Funnily enough last time I voted for the liberals (nick clegg was it?) they did quite well and then formed an alliance with the Tories…..to oust the Labour government I think…..
    Thats him

There was a lot of talk about the liberals and if they had got 10 more seats they could have formed a coalition with labour

But clegg wanted power , did a deal with the Tories and a lot of their voters have never forgiven them as they are very anti Conservative, as much if not more than labour

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He puts the iron into Ironbridge

I don't think thats a pun but it's the best I can do

Undoubtedly a huge defeat for Boris et al - even Dowden struggled on the TODAY programme this morning. However I feel sorry in a way for the Liberals as these results always bring about delusions of grandeur on the part of their leader, as with Ed Davey this time round. With the electoral system we have (first past the post) they have no chance.

Wow, I was not expecting that.
    I think the tories had about 65% of the vote the last time round, one of the safest tory seats in the country.

Huge pressure on Boris Johnson after this, we could well see a vote of no confidence early in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Undoubtedly a huge defeat for Boris et al - even Dowden struggled on the TODAY programme this morning. However I feel sorry in a way for the Liberals as these results always bring about delusions of grandeur on the part of their leader, as with Ed Davey this time round. With the electoral system we have (first past the post) they have no chance.
    Absolutely

And when the public were given the opportunity to get the voting system changed a bit , to the alternative vote , they bottled it

The only way for the liberals to get decent representation is either a coalition with labour or a new party to represent both Labour and Liberal voters

Liz Truss is smiling.

Usual caveats on byelections, but this is a stinging defeat and the Tories cant ignore it. A problem all of Boris' making too, as Owen Paterson would have served his 30 day suspension now.

He needs to rapidly shake things up, be strict on those who attended parties and tell us how we quickly get out of covid again or its time for him to move on.

The scale of the defeat is quite something. I thought the Lib Dems may scrape it but 6,000 votes - wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Thats not true. All of the top voted comments are criticising the tories, politicians, liars etc etc etc.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Usual caveats on byelections, but this is a stinging defeat and the Tories cant ignore it. A problem all of Boris' making too, as Owen Paterson would have served his 30 day suspension now.

He needs to rapidly shake things up, be strict on those who attended parties and tell us how we quickly get out of covid again or its time for him to move on.

The scale of the defeat is quite something. I thought the Lib Dems may scrape it but 6,000 votes - wow.
    Rock solid Tory seat with a massive Leave majority in 2016 - it shows how much the sleaze and contempt stories from the past few weeks have finally cut through with voters. Johnson's teflon coating is peeling off.