+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY P - P DERBY COUNTY. MATCH POSTPONED

CARDIFF CITY P - P DERBY COUNTY. MATCH POSTPONED

Saturday December 18th, 2021. ko 12:30pm

Fittingly this game is being played in the middle of winter.

Game is not live on Sky but was moved initially to avoid clashing with the Stereophonics concert in Cardiff which has subsequently been cancelled.

Match Officials:

Referee: Andy Davies
    Assistants: Daniel Leach, Michael George
    Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Re: CARDIFF CITY v DERBY COUNTY. Match thread

Snow Patrol & The Icicle Works in The Motorpoint, Derby lodge an appeal!!!

Would have been nice to move it back to 3 once the concert was cancelled...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sure that would have been a doddle....

I dunno - looking forward to a few afternoon pints with the boys

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sure that would have been a doddle....
    I'm not saying that, just wishful thinking

I'm not saying that, just wishful thinking
    This is going to be a tough game. Our home form is terrible due to little creativity and no width.
    Derby have been performing well recently
    Would take a draw

Derby have a terrible attack, barely create anything.

Their defence has allowed quite a few shots, but they don't concede many goals, perhaps implying that they are restricting their opponents to poor chances, or maybe they've been a it lucky.

We've been fairly decent in attack.
    Defensively we've been poor. We haven't faced a huge amount of shots, but we've conceded a lot of goals - perhaps implying that when we do give up a chance it tends to be a big one.

So it's our reasonable attack against their defence that can soak up a lot of pressure, and their poor attack against our porous defence.

As usual the first goal is likely to be very important.

Have to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Derby have a terrible attack, barely create anything.

Their defence has allowed quite a few shots, but they don't concede many goals, perhaps implying that they are restricting their opponents to poor chances, or maybe they've been a it lucky.

We've been fairly decent in attack.
    Defensively we've been poor. We haven't faced a huge amount of shots, but we've conceded a lot of goals - perhaps implying that when we do give up a chance it tends to be a big one.

So it's our reasonable attack against their defence that can soak up a lot of pressure, and their poor attack against our porous defence.

As usual the first goal is likely to be very important.
    Agree what you say about Derby. In fairness to them, they have done well considering the mish mash of a squad. They have a well organised defence but offer little in attack.
    We DARE not concede first.

Their two centre backs have a combined age of 103.

We need pace. And a bit of guile.

Aerial bombardment will play into their hands.

I have decided to give the game a miss. The thought of possibly missing out on Xmas by having to self-isolate as a result of attending the game is not appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have decided to give the game a miss. The thought of possibly missing out on Xmas by having to self-isolate as a result of attending the game is not appealing.
    Jeez. The usual excuse is 'i'm not watching that shit'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm happy to watch the grim fare. Been doing it for over 50 years.

Not applicable under the new manager.

Not a hoof in sight.

Covidgate.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ooney-22482875

Wales Online have normally trailed the pre-match press conference by now (often about 3.00 pm on the Thursday) but nothing yet.

If they think the match will be off I suppose Morison and media will both be up for cancelling the press conference?

Re: CARDIFF CITY P - P DERBY COUNTY. MATCH POSTPONED

Why is there so much vax resistance amonst players?
    UsWe, as fans, can't get into the ground without a covid pass or negative test - why aren't players made tp go through the same procedure?
    It's looking like the whole league program is going to be decimated this weekend.
    It must be in the clubs' interest to play games, as they're losing money.
    A case for compulsory vax of players and backroom staff, shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Why is there so much vax resistance amonst players?
    UsWe, as fans, can't get into the ground without a covid pass or negative test - why aren't players made tp go through the same procedure?
    It's looking like the whole league program is going to be decimated this weekend.
    It must be in the clubs' interest to play games, as they're losing money.
    A case for compulsory vax of players and backroom staff, shirley?
    bobh there is a concern amongst top level athletes at the minute not just footballers across the world regarding heart problems following the vaccines . it's a subject thats highly controversial that really no one talks about but I have noticed Matt le Tissier has been quite vocal about this on twitter amongst a few other former players /athletes

I think not just xmas but the whole of January is going to be effected by games being called off at the rate of this new variant

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    bobh there is a concern amongst top level athletes at the minute not just footballers across the world regarding heart problems following the vaccines . it's a subject thats highly controversial that really no one talks about but I have noticed Matt le Tissier has been quite vocal about this on twitter amongst a few other former players /athletes

I think not just xmas but the whole of January is going to be effected by games being called off at the rate of this new variant
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

The English Football League says a quarter of players at its member clubs "do not intend to get a vaccine" against Covid-19.

Tighter protocols at first-team training grounds and more regular testing have been enforced.

It follows the postponement of more fixtures scheduled to be played on Saturday across all three divisions.

Updated guidance on the minimum number of available players required to fulfil a fixture has also been passed on.

Clubs will be expected to play a fixture where they have 14 players, including a goalkeeper, available from the their registered squad list.

Vaccine data collected by the EFL in November showed 75% of players were either fully vaccinated, had had a single jab or intended to be vaccinated.

Double-vaccinated players totalled 59%, with 16% set to get either a second or first jab at the time.

In September, 49% of players in the EFL were double vaccinated, which was up from 18% the previous month.

I just don't buy it.
    The possible effects of covid far outweigh the chance of vax side-effects, IMO.
    Ihave a heart problem - Had a troke ffs, I'm on blood pressure tabs; I've had three jabs, don't fancy getting a possible fatal covid dose.

Not getting a jab doesn't just make you vulnerable - you can get covid and pass it on to your friends and family.
    Anti-vaxers are just selfish, IMO

If they had been refusing vaccines in the last couple of centuries we'd still be dodging smallpox and polio.

Matt Le Tissier has been talking utter shite about Covid since it started, way before the vaccine, including this pearl of wisdom https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/stat...310935553?s=20

Will the Boxing Day game be off due to players having to isolate, no training etc?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Will the Boxing Day game be off due to players having to isolate, no training etc?
    Played behind closed doors due to Drakeford's edict on Friday