+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day Game ??

Boxing Day Game ??

Cant see this going ahead ,lots of chatter about it being off ??

Re: Boxing Day Game ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why covid in our camp ? Coventry ? both?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why covid in our camp ? Coventry ? both?
    Us ??

coventrys game with stoke is off saturday but mainly due to covid within the stoke camp

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...poned-22485467

according to this report coventry have a few positives within there camp but not in the first team

Us ??
    Probably puts the entire XMas period in doubt if correct.

Saw yesterday the low numbers of EFL players unvaccinated. Ridiculous.

The fixture list could become chaotic. Maybe there should be a break. Saying that they reckon the end of January will be the worst period.

These players should be jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Probably puts the entire XMas period in doubt if correct.

Saw yesterday the low numbers of EFL players unvaccinated. Ridiculous.

The fixture list could become chaotic. Maybe there should be a break. Saying that they reckon the end of January will be the worst period.

These players should be jabbed.
    The problem is that a break across the board would mean that some fixtures that could be completed won't be - and after such a break is relaxed there may still be cancellations that need to happen. It could exacerbate the fixture problems exponentially.

It's 9 days away.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's 9 days away.
    I think they will all be off which will just highlight how many un vaccinated players there are. They will still get paid and probably enjoy it more as they can party on

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think they will all be off which will just highlight how many un vaccinated players there are. They will still get paid and probably enjoy it more as they can party on
    Quite a few at the City I hear

There's part of me that's thinking these games have almost been sacrificed this weekend so the Christmas games can go ahead. Getting their 10 days in so they can play again on the 26th and beyond.

New EFL guidance has said games will go ahead if teams can field 14 players including a goalkeeper.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/decemb...vid-19-update/

Sounds like the issue for this weekends games were mostly in Derby’s and Stoke’s squads. Unless something big happens in the next few days I’d be surprised if the game doesn’t go ahead.

What chatter ? If you mean on here, that's hardly reliable and you are responsible for starting this one.

Decision about sporting events in Wales on Monday:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/59700087

as much as they will want the football to continue, its only going one way, a break till this current wave subsides

I was going to the Swindon V Walsall game tomorrow, but thats off aswell now

Stourbridge v Telford in the FA Trophy was my alternative...until the coughing started. Awaiting a PCR test result. Nothing to do with Brum away last Saturday, that which was Covid heaven, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    New EFL guidance has said games will go ahead if teams can field 14 players including a goalkeeper.

Sounds like the issue for this weekends games were mostly in Derby’sand Stoke’s squads. Unless something big happens in the next few days I’d be surprised if the game doesn’t go ahead.
    Can’t we field 14 including two goalkeepers in the more difficult fixtures?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Can’t we field 14 including two goalkeepers in the more difficult fixtures?
    You can tell things are bad when I read that and think "You know what? That's not a bad idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You can tell things are bad when I read that and think "You know what? That's not a bad idea!"
    Mick McCarthy would have asked for a postponement if he could only field four centrebacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Mick McCarthy would have asked for a postponement if he could only field four centrebacks.
    Ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Sounds like the issue for this weekends games were mostly in Derby’s and Stoke’s squads. Unless something big happens in the next few days I’d be surprised if the game doesn’t go ahead.
    Interesting to listen to Ryan Lowe on five live this evening who said he has a fully fit Preston squad but it was Millwall that called the game of citing Covid. He left it out there that a club could have injuries and claim Covid.

Which cynically was my first thought about Derby. They have history

I guess we'll have to wait and see

I don't think I'll be booking my travel to Bournemouth until the day before to be safe!

No pleeease not, I’m home for Christmas & have already got the tickets, it’s my only chance of a game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Interesting to listen to Ryan Lowe on five live this evening who said he has a fully fit Preston squad but it was Millwall that called the game of citing Covid. He left it out there that a club could have injuries and claim Covid.

Which cynically was my first thought about Derby. They have history
    This is the issue. I don’t believe clubs have to prove the positive tests. With injuries, clubs could use the 10 day isolation period for Covid to cancel three games over Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    This is the issue. I don’t believe clubs have to prove the positive tests. With injuries, clubs could use the 10 day isolation period for Covid to cancel three games over Christmas.
    It’s dreadful if the main reason is unvaccinated players falling ill. We’ve had to prove our status for the last few games whilst the ones we're watching on the pitch have somehow got in the ground. They were out partying last weekend on their club ‘do’, which, no doubt didn’t help the unvaxxed lot.
    People, who’ve followed advice, are home for Christmas, perhaps one of the only times of the season that they get to see their home town side and have a few pints with mates who they rarely see. I’m annoyed if this situation is down to dumb players believing tripe on social media.

Is Drakeford taking the piss out of us?

On Friday, he said: "We'll make some announcements about that (sport in Wales) on Monday. Our Cabinet decided yesterday we needed some extra information about the way that the Omicron variant operates in the outdoors."

So where on earth is such 'extra information' likely to come from within the space of three days when past experience tells us such things take weeks, if not months? And even then the data is clearly far from reliable.

It's utter nonsense. They're not going to make any decision (if it hasn't been made already) on the basis of 'extra information' regarding how the latest variant operates outdoors. There is no science to follow. They're going to make a decision based merely on their own opinions, and they've been doing that for many months.