+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day Game ??

Re: Boxing Day Game ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is Drakeford taking the piss out of us?

On Friday, he said: "We'll make some announcements about that (sport in Wales) on Monday. Our Cabinet decided yesterday we needed some extra information about the way that the Omicron variant operates in the outdoors."

So where on earth is such 'extra information' likely to come from within the space of three days when past experience tells us such things take weeks, if not months? And even then the data is clearly far from reliable.

It's utter nonsense. They're not going to make any decision (if it hasn't been made already) on the basis of 'extra information' regarding how the latest variant operates outdoors. There is no science to follow. They're going to make a decision based merely on their own opinions, and they've been doing that for many months.
    One option on LFTs is "to attend a sporting event". If the same person then has a positive Covid test = data. It doesn't, of course, always follow that the person picked up Covid at a sporting event but, given enough data sets across the population, data can point towards Covid being transmitted at such events. Maybe that's the data Welsh government are waiting for.

Its all a mess.

Just let us know now.

What about the thousands shopping? Is there much difference.

Welsh National at Chepstow on the 27th as well.

How many ST holders have we got? There will be issues if theres suddenly a capacity restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    One option on LFTs is "to attend a sporting event". If the same person then has a positive Covid test = data. It doesn't, of course, always follow that the person picked up Covid at a sporting event but, given enough data sets across the population, data can point towards Covid being transmitted at such events. Maybe that's the data Welsh government are waiting for.
    Sure it is. That'll tell them how Omicron operates outdoors. Except for the fact that the vast majority of people who contract the virus have no idea where they got it and there are currently relatively few cases of the new variant, especially in Wales.

What's Drakeford going to do, ask the 95 people in Wales who have the Omicron variant if they've been to any sporting events recently? As I said, it's utter nonsense.

I should correct myself. Apparently, 194 cases have thus far been recorded in Wales. 194!

I should correct myself. Apparently, 194 cases have thus far been recorded in Wales. 194!
    The football bus back into town after the game would pack more than that on!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The football bus back into town after the game would pack more than that on!
    Ah, but according to the First Minister: "Wales is in the calm before the storm. We see the storm of Omicron coming our way and we need to prepare for it now."

He doesn't know much at all about Omicron in terms of how harmful it may or not be, nobody does yet, but he wants to worry people as much as possible. Just in case, like.

I think people are missing the point here

Warning people is like wearing a dicky jacket

If you don't want to get a lady pregnant , rubber up !

If you don't want the virus to spread then get that booster jab and try and restrict your mixing with other people

I don't understand the confusion

Sure it is. That'll tell them how Omicron operates outdoors. Except for the fact that the vast majority of people who contract the virus have no idea where they got it and there are currently relatively few cases of the new variant, especially in Wales.

What's Drakeford going to do, ask the 95 people in Wales who have the Omicron variant if they've been to any sporting events recently? As I said, it's utter nonsense.
    Whilst the focus is on Omicron, Delta hasn't gone away either. Nor other coughs n sneezes. If the doubling time of Omicron is around one day, 400 cases today, 800 Sunday etc. 25,000 + cases by Christmas Day. Plus those cases won't be geographically spread out or equally distributed across the age ranges. The cancellation of today's match might just be the tip of the iceberg regarding players, too. Waiting until Monday seems sensible before larger sporting events are ordered to be played behind closed doors, in Wales. Meanwhile, people are cancelling meals/social activities left, right and centre. I have doubts about going to WBA away, after the experience of Brum away, too.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Meanwhile, people are cancelling meals/social activities left, right and centre.
    That’s only natural while we have Drakeford hunched over his lectern spreading misery and gloom at every given opportunity.

I saw an informative interview with two expert virologists on the BBC News website earlier today. It’s a pity we don’t have them addressing the people of Wales on a regular basis instead of that harbinger of doom down the Bay.

24 of the 40 PL and EFL games today have been called off ��

Ah, but according to the First Minister: "Wales is in the calm before the storm. We see the storm of Omicron coming our way and we need to prepare for it now."

He doesn't know much at all about Omicron in terms of how harmful it may or not be, nobody does yet, but he wants to worry people as much as possible. Just in case, like.
    I understand being cautious, but the stuff Drakeford has been coming out with recently makes it sound like he's had the heads up on the apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I understand being cautious, but the stuff Drakeford has been coming out with recently makes it sound like he's had the heads up on the apocalypse!
    He seems to be revelling in this. That’s probably unfair, but the truth is the vast majority of people in Wales wouldn’t know who he is (or care) if it wasn’t for Covid-19. This is his time in the spotlight and he appears to know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    24 of the 40 PL and EFL games today have been called off ��
    And yet not a single game off in the top four divisions in Scotland - a clear anomaly.

Major incident declared in London due to Covid. Government in England too scared of their own backbenchers to tighten up on Covid restrictions. Boxing Day match (attended in person, at best) looking highly unlikely.

Is Drakeford taking the piss out of us?

On Friday, he said: "We'll make some announcements about that (sport in Wales) on Monday. Our Cabinet decided yesterday we needed some extra information about the way that the Omicron variant operates in the outdoors."

So where on earth is such 'extra information' likely to come from within the space of three days when past experience tells us such things take weeks, if not months? And even then the data is clearly far from reliable.

It's utter nonsense. They're not going to make any decision (if it hasn't been made already) on the basis of 'extra information' regarding how the latest variant operates outdoors. There is no science to follow. They're going to make a decision based merely on their own opinions, and they've been doing that for many months.
    Listening to the lectern-huggers for nearly 2 years it's hard not to pick up the theme - bit like hearing a new language and slowly getting to understand it. We all know what's coming, several 'announcements' or comments beforehand..

Omicron peak over where it originated in South Africa apparently

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ave-much-lower

That’s only natural while we have Drakeford hunched over his lectern spreading misery and gloom at every given opportunity.

I saw an informative interview with two expert virologists on the BBC News website earlier today. It’s a pity we don’t have them addressing the people of Wales on a regular basis instead of that harbinger of doom down the Bay.
    The man's a buffoon, just does something a bit different from Boris due to party politics and claims he's keeping " Wa-els Saaafe"

Some people seem to prefer Eton toffs deciding our fate. Thankfully the Drakeford haters are in a very minor minority despite all hanging out on ccmb. Most inhabitants of our beloved land seem to appreciate that it’s health that matters here instead of trying to pander to right wing loons in Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Some people seem to prefer Eton toffs deciding our fate. Thankfully the Drakeford haters are in a very minor minority despite all hanging out on ccmb. Most inhabitants of our beloved land seem to appreciate that it’s health that matters here instead of trying to pander to right wing loons in Parliament.
    You'll have to do better that that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yet another one who knows more than scientists who have studied and practiced their whole career.

I qualify as a Drakeford hater then - he is complete buffoon - don't start me off about the M4 relief road fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think it was spot on

Yet another one who knows more than scientists who have studied and practiced their whole career.
    The latest advice from scientists UK wide is its an ever changing situation and action might have to be taken at the last minute

So if that's what they are saying then if drakeford is going with that , then that's the right path

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I qualify as a Drakeford hater then - he is complete buffoon - don't start me off about the M4 relief road fiasco
    Thankfully whilst he's on his way out in a year or so and he's a dull chap the Welsh people voted solidly against the tories running the country

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    The man's a buffoon, just does something a bit different from Boris due to party politics and claims he's keeping " Wa-els Saaafe"
    Well he was voted back in