+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated follower of fashion..

Dedicated follower of fashion..

I always liked the casual/trendy scene, but could never afford the clobber.
    Pringle jumper (second hand) pair of Lois cords and a pair of Trimm Trabs turned me into a Poundland trendy.
    Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops were three weeks wages for me Whatever happened to them?
    Any of you lot spent more than you should have on ''gear.''

Re: Dedicated follower of fashion..

Low-cut donkey jacket, slingback wellies and leopard-print codpiece. Set me back a few quid I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Low-cut donkey jacket, slingback wellies and leopard-print codpiece. Set me back a few quid I can tell you.

I can remember my Dad getting me a donkey jacket for my first day at work. I've never worn anything so itchy to this day. Were they made out of scourer pads?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Pringle jumper (second hand) pair of Lois cords and a pair of Trimm Trabs turned me into a Poundland trendy.
    Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops were three weeks wages for me Whatever happened to them?
    Bolwells in Blackwood for a cheap pair of adidas jeans or gazelles, holiday in France raid the chipie shop for jeans or wait for a sale in woodies…I remember spending my entire income support on a pair of jeans and not doing anything at all for two weeks. Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bolwells in Blackwood for a cheap pair of adidas jeans or gazelles, holiday in France raid the chipie shop for jeans or wait for a sale in woodies…I remember spending my entire income support on a pair of jeans and not doing anything at all for two weeks. Idiot
    Bolwells would always have deadstock, Gpt my first pair of Adidas jeans from bolwells.

C-17 was always a favourite of mine, chipie, chevignon, Ball jeans.

gazelles for me

Woodies used to take a lot of my money at the time, but you knew others would also be wearing the same, so used to train it down to London and get the odd red or dead shirt

I regularly spent more than I should have done on gear

But in terms of footballer clobber a dark navy and light blue Patrick Kagoul was as trendy as I got

I can remember my Dad getting me a donkey jacket for my first day at work. I've never worn anything so itchy to this day. Were they made out of scourer pads?
    I had a donkey jacket to wear over my school uniform in the 60s. Nice and warm.
    In the early 70s I bought a NATO-surplus greatcoat to wear through my college years, - really warm. Cost a whopping £2.50 IIRC.

Can never understand this lark of paying stupid prices for gear made in the same sweatshops as places like Primarc and Peacocks

I never understood fans not wearing a decent coat in dodgy weather just to leave an overpriced sweater on show on a matchday. They'd undoubtedly end up saggy and misshapen, but that didn't matter cos the label was still on show.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I never understood fans not wearing a decent coat in dodgy weather just to leave an overpriced sweater on show on a matchday. They'd undoubtedly end up saggy and misshapen, but that didn't matter cos the label was still on show.
    I saw a picture of a Newcastle fan at Liverpool the other day who had sewn a Stone Island badge on to the sleeve of his Newcastle shirt

One of the Kinks best songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    No. It isn't.

I saw a bloke at a party recently wearing a Stone Island jumper. I thought 'he has to be British". Turns out he was from London and a West Ham supporter. I don't think he appreciated me being a Cardiff fan, I think I cramped his style a little as I was able to hold all his stories to account.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I saw a bloke at a party recently wearing a Stone Island jumper. I thought 'he has to be British". Turns out he was from London and a West Ham supporter. I don't think he appreciated me being a Cardiff fan, I think I cramped his style a little as I was able to hold all his stories to account.
    He wasn’t a pine furniture salesman by any chance, was he ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. It isn't.
    One day he’s in polka dots
    The next he’s wearing stripes
    Cos he’s a dedicated follower of fashion

Can't beat the old duffler (coat not bags)

First Team

I was a scruffy git then and continue to be one now.

However, I have always bought good shoes which can be an expensive vice but I have pairs which are decades old but going strong.

The sales are a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He wasn’t a pine furniture salesman by any chance, was he ?
    You don't subscribe to his YouTube channel then buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I was a scruffy git then and continue to be one now.

However, I have always bought good shoes which can be an expensive vice but I have pairs which are decades old but going strong.

The sales are a blessing in disguise.
    May I ask how much you pay for your shoes?

First Team

I only buy from Barkers as they have a last that suits my feet.
    Full price their shoes retail at £350-450. However, their sales give up to 40% off and even bigger discounts can be had from their seconds store.
    I normally look to pay around the £150 mark.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

May I ask how much you pay for your shoes?
    Blowing my own trumpet and attempting to show off here I paid $650 for a pair of handmade crocodile shoes but they bite my toes and try to drag me under every time I’m near water

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I only buy from Barkers as they have a last that suits my feet.
    Full price their shoes retail at £350-450. However, their sales give up to 40% off and even bigger discounts can be had from their seconds store.
    I normally look to pay around the £150 mark.
    Great shoes them.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Blowing my own trumpet and attempting to show off here I paid $650 for a pair of handmade crocodile shoes but they bite my toes and try to drag me under every time I’m near water
    Why aye man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    It was nearly going to be recorded by Herman's Hermits.