+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Re: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    What happened to free will and choice? They're the ones that are less protected so leave them to it.
    More unvaccinated people increases the chances of mutations.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think you understand how mass vaccinations work bud, here's a graphic which might help

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...ty_thumb_0.gif
    I have had all my jabs but interested to know why are the press saying the virus can still be spread by double vaccinated people ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I have had all my jabs but interested to know why are the press saying the virus can still be spread by double vaccinated people ?
    Because it can. The vaccine doesn't stop you catching the virus, it just teaches your body how to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And if they don't want to get vaccinated but their only option if they want to move is to get it - then they won't move.

As TLG says, this isn't a problem in other European countries so there's something else wrong with British based players, and whatever that is, I don't see how forcing players via contracts is the answer.
    I think your point earlier about legality is the strongest argument. I'm not up to date with employment law enough to know for sure but it would be difficult to implement. I agree that whatever or however they're communicating these issues in other European countries is more effective based on the startling figures posted by TLG.

I just don't understand it though. It is weird. It's like there's some EFL groupthink re antivaxing.

Because it can. The vaccine doesn't stop you catching the virus, it just teaches your body how to deal with it
    So how does that stop it spreading?

The little diagrams implied if we were all vaccinated the virus wouldn't be able to spread .

The little diagrams implied if we were all vaccinated the virus wouldn't be able to spread .
    When vaccinated you're less likely to spread it https://www.newscientist.com/article...re-vaccinated/

I don't think they're sure about Omicron yet

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If I was late teens/twenties I’d be willing to do anything, take anything, inject anything (legally) if it meant getting my social life back on track. Don’t they realise that their reluctance is delaying the return to normality? Wearing a ‘Nobody tells me what to do’ badge is making them miss the best years of their lives.
    Well they then just shut down night clubs anyway.

At the moment it seems everyone is spreading it almost at the same rate. Vaccinated or not.

Without a vaccine you’re more likely to fall ill and stay ill for longer. When your sick with Covid you cough, wheeze have a runny nose etc. All these things are how Covid spreads from person to person. When you’re vaccinated you’re not coughing or wiping your nose and the virus doesn’t stay as active in your body as long as an unvaccinated person.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well they then just shut down night clubs anyway.

At the moment it seems everyone is spreading it almost at the same rate. Vaccinated or not.
    But isn’t the the whole point of vaccination is that it protects and results in the virus not affecting you so much, whereas unvaccinated people suffer more and potentially clog up the NHS. It’s widely reported that the vast majority of hospitalised cases are patients who’ve not had a jab?

I think if a players don’t want the vaccine then that’s their choice, but if they get covid and can’t play or train then they don’t get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The figures from around the other major European leagues are staggering by comparison the EPL and the EFL. The following are the official figures of double-vaccinated players in each league:

98% - Itailian Serie A
    95% - French Ligue 1
    94% - German Bundesliga
    90% - Spanish La Liga
    68% - English Premier League
    59% - English Football League

Our footballers are an embarrassment.
    Was reading about this yesterday….shame on the PL players

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Without a vaccine you’re more likely to fall ill and stay ill for longer. When your sick with Covid you cough, wheeze have a runny nose etc. All these things are how Covid spreads from person to person. When you’re vaccinated you’re not coughing or wiping your nose and the virus doesn’t stay as active in your body as long as an unvaccinated person.
    Ah I see . That makes a little sense .

The figures from around the other major European leagues are staggering by comparison the EPL and the EFL. The following are the official figures of double-vaccinated players in each league:

98% - Itailian Serie A
    95% - French Ligue 1
    94% - German Bundesliga
    90% - Spanish La Liga
    68% - English Premier League
    59% - English Football League

Our footballers are an embarrassment.
    Agree.

Shocking.

In my experience it is non British ethnics who refuse to be jabbed. Don’t call me racist because I am pleased my daughter chose to marry someone of Caribbean ethnicity as he is a lovely fellow - but they both haven’t been inoculated as they claim the evidence does not support having the protection. None of his 4 siblings, their partners and his parents have taken the protection.

I go to a gym nearly every day and the same distinction as above is true there - there is plenty of chatting as well as training!

In the news, the above slow take up by some non-white (although as British as anyone living here) communities is often stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    In my experience it is non British ethnics who refuse to be jabbed.
    How many current professional footballers do you know?

To be fair, none. I am simply saying how it is. I think you called me a racist months ago on a different thread about Vassell but I most certainly am not.

To be fair, none. I am simply saying how it is. I think you called me a racist months ago on a different thread about Vassell but I most certainly am not.
    Have you any evidence to back up the claim because it would make interesting reading if what you say is correct.

To be fair, none.
    Shut up then.

It definitely reduces your chances of catching it. That’s how we’ve been able to be fully open for months without everyone catching it.

Omicron has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works is the only issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Free will to spread a disease? Kids have to be vaccinated to go to school, why shouldn't adults have to be vaccinated to go to work?
    Them being vaccinated does not stop them spreading it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Them being vaccinated does not stop them spreading it.
    People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You’re including the entire population with those numbers including new born babies and people ineligible for the vaccine.

89% of eligible people have had 1 dose and 82% have had 2 doses so the “1/5th” comment will be referring to people without a 2nd dose.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations
    well i was taking the data from the governments own UK Health security agency regarding covid infections etc . see link

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-50.pdf

well page 3 states population impact - the uptake of vaccine first dose is 67.9% which leaves 32.1% of the population which equates to almost 23 million .

page 11 states - effectiveness against infection - it is possible to that they could still be infected with the virus and still be transmitted to others

to me the best bit of news on page 4 states 98.4% of the adult population has now have 98.4% anti bodies to covid -19 compared to 22.7% that have anti bodies from the infection alone

with so many figures and data flying around no wonder everyone is getting confused. stick to the government facts i say not the bbc / guardian or sky news !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well i was taking the data from the governments own UK Health security agency regarding covid infections etc . see link

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-50.pdf

well page 3 states population impact - the uptake of vaccine first dose is 67.9% which leaves 32.1% of the population which equates to almost 23 million .

page 11 states - effectiveness against infection - it is possible to that they could still be infected with the virus and still be transmitted to others

to me the best bit of news on page 4 states 98.4% of the adult population has now have 98.4% anti bodies to covid -19 compared to 22.7% that have anti bodies from the infection alone

with so many figures and data flying around no wonder everyone is getting confused. stick to the government facts i say not the bbc / guardian or sky news !
    I didn’t take these stats from Sky or the Guardian. The numbers I used are from the .gov website. As is the link I left.
    Every footballer is eligible for the vaccine and compared to the eligible population their vaccine uptake is much lower.

Shut up then.
    You are not very bright, are you? What I stated is repeated in all forms of the mass media regularly.

Perhaps they have it right and are leading the way with natural immunity being the only way out of this ?