+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There are quite a few jobs where they do (and have done for decades) including certain areas of sewage treatment, pathology, microbiology. There are also travel vacs required for certain jobs and locations. Insurance wouldn't even be possible for a lot of medical/pharma jobs. I think we need to remember that vaccinations didn't start with Covid and have been around since Jenner.
    True but surely you know about that before taking the job. I'm definitely all for players (and everyone) getting vaccinated but this doesn't seem like a great idea. Another thing is that no player contract will expire before May anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    True but surely you know about that before taking the job. I'm definitely all for players (and everyone) getting vaccinated but this doesn't seem like a great idea. Another thing is that no player contract will expire before May anyway.

But some will want to be on the move next month.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But some will want to be on the move next month.
    And if they don't want to get vaccinated but their only option if they want to move is to get it - then they won't move.

As TLG says, this isn't a problem in other European countries so there's something else wrong with British based players, and whatever that is, I don't see how forcing players via contracts is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And if they don't want to get vaccinated but their only option if they want to move is to get it - then they won't move.

As TLG says, this isn't a problem in other European countries so there's something else wrong with British based players, and whatever that is, I don't see how forcing players via contracts is the answer.
    I think your point earlier about legality is the strongest argument. I'm not up to date with employment law enough to know for sure but it would be difficult to implement. I agree that whatever or however they're communicating these issues in other European countries is more effective based on the startling figures posted by TLG.

I just don't understand it though. It is weird. It's like there's some EFL groupthink re antivaxing.