+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Re: 25% of EFL players will not take a Covid vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    You are not very bright, are you? What I stated is repeated in all forms of the mass media regularly.
    We’re talking about professional football here, not society in general. Have you seen the figures for the other major European football leagues? If so, how does that tally with your theory?

Let’s be honest, you’re not very bright, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps they have it right and are leading the way with natural immunity being the only way out of this ?
    How is natural immunity the way out of it when not being vaccinated means you get more ill, more chance of long lasting lung damage and more chance of long Covid?

For someone who’s job is running around that would be pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How is natural immunity the way out of it when not being vaccinated means you get more ill, more chance of long lasting lung damage and more chance of long Covid?

I wouldn’t bother reasoning with these people, it’s just not worth it.

Yeah forget whitty and co I reckon we should listen to Sterling and grealish, it’s the way……

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I wouldn’t bother reasoning with these people, it’s just not worth it.
    Oh come on we should never have taken vaccines for Polio, Tet****, Flu, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Rubella, Measles, Whooping Cough etc, we should have just crossed our fingers and gone with natural immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Oh come on we should never have taken vaccines for Polio, Tet****, Flu, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Rubella, Measles, Whooping Cough etc, we should have just crossed our fingers and gone with natural immunity.
    I think we are looking at things the same way.

It definitely reduces your chances of catching it. That’s how we’ve been able to be fully open for months without everyone catching it.

Omicron has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works is the only issue.
    There is some discussion within the scientific world that Omicron is a weaker strain of Covid, and may facilitate safer herding and real immunity.?

I don’t think anyone should be forced to take the vaccine

I don’t think people should be excluded and restricted because they’re unvaccinated

I do think getting the vaccine is the most sensible thing for the vast majority of the population

The people that care that much about other peoples vaccination status tend to have the same sort of attitudes in other walks of life. You know the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is some discussion within the scientific world that Omicron is a weaker strain of Covid, and may facilitate safer herding and real immunity.?
    No proof at all yet and even then how is that safer than a tried and tested vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I don’t think people should be excluded and restricted because they’re unvaccinated
    Even if it makes things less safe for others?

I don’t think anyone should be forced to take it but there’s a reason a lot of people care, it’s because it makes there more chance or spread and more chance of mutations and more chance of health services being overwhelmed.

People don’t give a shit about individual statuses but there’s a reason people are annoyed about people being unvaxxed based on unscientific nonsense posted on social media.

That’s how societies function, doing things for the greater good.

I also “know the type” who are anti vaxxers. The ones I know aren’t bad people but they’ve all got very high opinions of themselves and have way too much time on their hands to spend on the Internet reading bollocks.

I do think getting the vaccine is the most sensible thing for the vast majority of the population

The people that care that much about other peoples vaccination status tend to have the same sort of attitudes in other walks of life. You know the sort.
    It's not nosiness though, having a heavily vaccinated population (and I mean global population) will reduce the chances of mutations.

I care about other people's vaccination status because it very directly affects my life.

I don't think we should be holding someone down and jabbing them in the arm, fair enough.

But it seems entirely reasonable to me that if someone wants to play any part in society they should get jabbed: it's a basic respect for the wellbeing of others. If they choose not to then I can't see how it's unreasonable to exclude them from situations where they are putting others in harm's way.

I'm not going to reply to people because probably never agree on this point, whilst I do accept others viewpoints.

What does bug me though, is some of the people that have been the most vocal about this have often been people that have made poor life choices but have made no effort at all to reduce the risk if they do catch the virus. I'm talking about smoking and weight.

I do hope everyone does take up the vaccine but i'm not going to lambast someone for not doing so. Most are in charge of how much exposure they will have to the virus - a bit of self agency can come into play without dictating vaccination terms on others.