+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

****'s sake.

CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. MATCH POSTPOBNED

Covid in the squad

Re: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. MATCH POSTPOBNED

I might pretend it's still on just to get away from the family for the afternoon 🙂

I wonder if it's all those not vaccinated who are positive

I'd be interested to know how many of our players haven't been vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There’s a fair few who haven’t been coached.

So a bumper fixture has now been moved to presumably a Tuesday night January or February. The employees are affecting the club's bottom line. Something needs to be done.

Very convenient.
    Eat and drink as much as they like and fly off to Dubai with their families for a bit of sun.
    Happy dayz.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Very convenient.
    Eat and drink as much as they like and fly off to Dubai with their families for a bit of sun.
    Happy dayz.
    I don't think they'll be flying anywhere if they have Covid

What's the obsession with the unvaccinated all of a sudden.

What I've read of omicron it seems to infect the double jabbed almost as much.

Unless we are assuming double jabbed players would have been eligible for a booster 2-3 weeks back I don't think it's just the unvaccinated players driving these postponements.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Unless we are assuming double jabbed players would have been eligible for a booster 2-3 weeks back I don't think it's just the unvaccinated players driving these postponements.
    Too many Daily Mail / Sun readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Would have thought it’s more likely to be Delta than Omicron, but I agree that it’s wrong to assume any player who’s got it has not been vaccinated - wonder if the decision has anything to do with the Welsh Government’s clarification of what Omicron is like outdoors?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

It's all a bit weird how all these clubs all of a sudden have enough cases to warrant games to be called off.

Half the EPL and EFL was called off on the weekend but no games in Scotland were postponed. I think most FA Trophy games were played as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I might pretend it's still on just to get away from the family for the afternoon 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's all a bit weird how all these clubs all of a sudden have enough cases to warrant games to be called off.

Half the EPL and EFL was called off on the weekend but no games in Scotland were postponed. I think most FA Trophy games were played as well
    Probably the ability to test. I expect it has been ramped up in the leagues able to do so.

It is weird, isn't it? I'd have expected some postponements. I'm very cynical about all of this right now mainly because I'm crushed there's no Christmas match for us fans - again. It's a horrible time for it to be off. Really gets me down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I might pretend it's still on just to get away from the family for the afternoon ��
    Why not self-isolate over the whole Christmas period and make the most of it?

Wouldn't it be due to the need for close contacts of positive cases also now needing to isolate for 10 days if they are not fully vaccinated?
    ie if anyone in the squad tests positive then anyone in the squad who's not double jabbed is also out for 10 days.

Is it weird? Seems to be consistent with the case rates to me, plus the extreme speed at which omicron is passed on. A few months back, you'd hear of individuals getting Covid and then provided they weren't arseholes, they'd take sensible precuations not to pass it on, so the impact was relatively contained. We had quite a few people in work get it, and that was it: they'd go home, but generally not pass it on to colleagues, family etc.

The last few weeks have been very different. Entire teams are being taken out at the same time now. A friend of mine works in a finance team of 8. 7 of them all tested positive on the same day last week. In my office, we've moved from isolated incidents to groups of people being off at the same time. So at a football club you might have had a single player get it previously but with Omicron it seems far more likely that he'd pass it on to the other players/staff. I also wonder if the seemingly milder symptoms mean that it is picked up later, meaning that those infected spend longer spreading it before isolating than they did previously. It is absoluteley stampeding through parts of England though, I am sure other parts of the country will catch up.

As regards vaccinations - the point of the vaccination is not really to prevent you getting it, but rather to dull the impact it has on you. But vaccination does also slow the rate of transmission (or at least it did with the original virus). The real reason that the unjabbed are at fault though is that when the virus hits them, the impact is (on average) far greater than the jabbed and so they suffer (on average) for longer. So they are taking up medical resources at the expense of those who are not at fault for their own condition. (For now, at least. Recent govt comments suggest that things might change if the situation deteriorates)

premier league going ahead it seems.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...08#source=push

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They won’t care, just happy to get paid a fortune and be home for xmas….notice most players in Spain and Italy are vaccinated so hardly any games off

Covid in the squad
    It will be refreshing to have something that moves quickly in the squad at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Is it weird? Seems to be consistent with the case rates to me, plus the extreme speed at which omicron is passed on. A few months back, you'd hear of individuals getting Covid and then provided they weren't arseholes, they'd take sensible precuations not to pass it on, so the impact was relatively contained. We had quite a few people in work get it, and that was it: they'd go home, but generally not pass it on to colleagues, family etc.

The last few weeks have been very different. Entire teams are being taken out at the same time now. A friend of mine works in a finance team of 8. 7 of them all tested positive on the same day last week. In my office, we've moved from isolated incidents to groups of people being off at the same time. So at a football club you might have had a single player get it previously but with Omicron it seems far more likely that he'd pass it on to the other players/staff. I also wonder if the seemingly milder symptoms mean that it is picked up later, meaning that those infected spend longer spreading it before isolating than they did previously. It is absoluteley stampeding through parts of England though, I am sure other parts of the country will catch up.

As regards vaccinations - the point of the vaccination is not really to prevent you getting it, but rather to dull the impact it has on you. But vaccination does also slow the rate of transmission (or at least it did with the original virus). The real reason that the unjabbed are at fault though is that when the virus hits them, the impact is (on average) far greater than the jabbed and so they suffer (on average) for longer. So they are taking up medical resources at the expense of those who are not at fault for their own condition. (For now, at least. Recent govt comments suggest that things might change if the situation deteriorates)
    I don't disagree with your post but I think the weirdness of no matches postponed in Scotland does throw a curveball. I think that's what Michael was alluding to and I have to agree. I'm still p*ssed off though so I'm not in a good place right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't disagree with your post but I think the weirdness of no matches postponed in Scotland does throw a curveball. I think that's what Michael was alluding to and I have to agree. I'm still p*ssed off though so I'm not in a good place right now!
    I see what you mean, I just think a lot of England is a few weeks ahead of Scotland and the more remote parts of the country.

Also- I'm not sure why people assume footballers don't want to play football (not taht you are, but it is implied in some other posts). I suspect the opposite is true. I quite like working between Xmas and New YEar as it all gets a bit samey otherwise, and I sit in an office for a living. These guys play football! I am sure it's a spectrum, but loads of them will no doubt be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I see what you mean, I just think a lot of England is a few weeks ahead of Scotland and the more remote parts of the country.

Also- I'm not sure why people assume footballers don't want to play football (not taht you are, but it is implied in some other posts). I suspect the opposite is true. I quite like working between Xmas and New YEar as it all gets a bit samey otherwise, and I sit in an office for a living. These guys play football! I am sure it's a spectrum, but loads of them will no doubt be gutted.
    You're right. I think they will be too. I think people are just disappointed/stir crazy/fed up/etc which is why the reactions tend to look for someone/something to blame when we all feel so helpless. It's actually a powder-keg scenario in our society. This is why those in charge have to set the highest examples and communicate effectively.