+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Vaxxers and their dogs.

Re: Anti Vaxxers and their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There is definite evidence that there is a increase risk of heart conditions in the young
    I know, but I was under the impression that such cases were extremely rare. Therefore, with all due respect, I find a claim that one A&E doctor has already treated many such cases somewhat hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The week before last, a good friend of mine’s son was shopping in the city centre. He began to feel a bit dizzy, so he left the shop he was in for a bit of fresh air. A minute or so later, he collapsed. Fortunately, the receptionist of the hotel he was outside at the time saw it happen and rushed to his aid, as did a couple of passers-by.

He was rushed to hospital, where it was discovered he’d had a stroke. He’s recently turned 15! He had no known health issues prior to this. He was kept in hospital for a few days and is now undergoing various tests to try to find out the cause. He hadn’t had the vaccine, so that definitely wasn’t a factor. Scary stuff.

I can understand your worries. I’m sure I’d be the same. It’s the conspiracy theorists, the space cadets and the arrogant individuals who think they are somehow bullet-proof that irritate me. But then, as you know, most people irritate me if the truth be told. 🙂
    That's horrible mate, hope he's ok in the long run.

Yeah I get that mate and people that make baseless sweeping statements that are pure scaremongering, piss me off massively too.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That's horrible mate, hope he's ok in the long run.
    Thinks he’s a bit of a hero now according to his mum. They’re doing all sorts of tests to try to determine the cause, but as things stand he appears to have no immediate issues. Under strict orders to take it easy of course, which is a big ask for a kid of his age who feels fine, especially at this time of year.

Speaking as someone who has lost a couple of very close friends to sudden, totally unexpected deaths, the seemingly random nature of these things still shocks me.

I know, but I was under the impression that such cases were extremely rare. Therefore, with all due respect, I find a claim that one A&E doctor has already treated many such cases somewhat hard to swallow.
    Absolutely agree, and I would feel the same if I didn’t know him. I’m only going my what he’s reported to me and they were his words.

He’s generally dismayed at the level of non-covid triaging and treating that A&E are picking up the pieces for due to mental health issues relating to lockdown and not being able to access GPs or other medical services (he’s in Scotland so have been stricter than us). Whilst I absolutely don’t doubt that he’s seen several young men with heart issues - and apparently one died- It’s quite possible that there is some confirmation bias going on and there would have been some anyway.

To add balance, my brother is generally very suspicious and sceptical of “big pharma” (which isn’t as unusual as one would suspect … unless you practice in USA).

I spoke to him recently and he was lecturing me yesterday that the government’s message should have been do more excercise, stop eating crap and make sure you have plenty of Vitamin C and D rather than don’t leave the house. He made the analogy of so many of us are in poor health that we are like rotten apples about to fall off the tree - and coronavirus is giving the tree a big shake.

Either way, I’m having my booster - and my pension is heavily invested in pharmaceuticals and the value has rocketed over the last 2 years!

Thinks he’s a bit of a hero now according to his mum. They’re doing all sorts of tests to try to determine the cause, but as things stand he appears to have no immediate issues. Under strict orders to take it easy of course, which is a big ask for a kid of his age who feels fine, especially at this time of year.

Speaking as someone who has lost a couple of very close friends to sudden, totally unexpected deaths, the seemingly random nature of these things still shocks me.
    It's scary mate and just reconfirms my opinion that we should treat every day on this planet and a gift.

It happens, lost a guy I know this time last year, heart attack, 44. 2 young kids with no dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I know a guy who took the vaccine then got hit by a car 2 days later. They are not safe and I won’t be taking one
    Well said 👏

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There is definite evidence that there is a increase risk of heart conditions in the young
    You've left out the pretty crucial point that the risk of heart conditions from catching Covid is way higher though

"We estimated between 1 and 10 extra events of myocarditis in 1 million people vaccinated with a first or second dose, but 40 extra cases in 1 million people infected with COVID-19" - Oxford professor and study lead Julia Hippisley-Cox.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-12-14/

when i went to the Philippines i took a bunch of shots as i'm sure they (anti vaxx) would too...i wonder if these wankers fail to see that medicine is trying to save them.

I think the main reason for this ‘mystery’ is blatantly obvious - the fact is that a significant percentage of the UK’s population are idiots.

We’re more than 22 months into a global pandemic and yet a considerable proportion of the British public haven’t yet mastered the art of wearing a mask properly. That tells us all we need to know.
    I don't if it is still the case, but the Sun used to be the biggest selling daily newspaper in the UK, and the reading age of the Sun was about 8

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I don't if it is still the case, but the Sun used to be the biggest selling daily newspaper in the UK, and the reading age of the Sun was about 8
    It was the tits that sold it (and I know a few tits who bought it too).

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Seems to be a very one eyed approach to this on here. A man I used to work with has had life changing negative effects from the vaccine and I myself have had serious health concerns have the potential to be linked to it.

Do I believe in Covid? Of course I do! Do I believe vaccines play a major part in our recovery as a nation? Of course I do!

Do I have reservations and am I scared to have my booster due to what I've experienced? 100%!

There are other options other than:-

1. Up for the vaccine
    2. Crazy crack head anti vaxxer
    I have sympathy for people who are fearful.

I also have complete sympathy for those that oppose compulsory vaccination on moral grounds.

Novel, deadly viruses are a fact of life. It’s no-one’s fault.

It’s just so disappointing that there are so many selfish, attention-seeking idiots. Healthy people who don’t wear masks in closed spaces is the epitome of disregard for your fellow man/woman/other. Classless individuals.

- “But it’s my right not to wear one.”

- “ It’s not ALL about YOU , you self involved plank”

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I also have complete sympathy for those that oppose compulsory vaccination on moral grounds.

It’s just so disappointing that there are so many selfish, attention-seeking idiots. Healthy people who don’t wear masks in closed spaces is the epitome of disregard for your fellow man/woman/other. Classless individuals.

The most annoying ones are those who have a mask over their mouth, but not their nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Agreed with that mate, non invasive things like mask wearing and basic respect for others should be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The most annoying ones are those who have a mask over their mouth, but not their nose.
    Yes! Either do it properly or don't bother with your token gesture.