+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remember this loan player

Remember this loan player

Oumar Niasse, the former Everton striker reportedly training with English 10th-tier side West Didsbury & Chorlton in order to maintain his fitness as a free agent who hasn't played a competitive match since January 2020

Re: Remember this loan player

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Oumar Niasse, the former Everton striker reportedly training with English 10th-tier side West Didsbury & Chorlton in order to maintain his fitness as a free agent who hasn't played a competitive match since January 2020
    Very speedy chap. Pity he couldn't persuade the ball to stay at his feet along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Very speedy chap. Pity he couldn't persuade the ball to stay at his feet along the way.
    That's good. A solid 8.5/10 (not to be sniffed at) but I do think Mr. JR Hartley's Glatzel comment gets the full 10 so far this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    He's found his right level as a footballer, if memory serves me well

Yes he was shit.e. Cows arse and banjo

I think he would have been a decent Championship player ,incredible fall from grace .

He could do a job for us.

Never seen a player like him, could cause havoc, beat a guy or two but then turn into a drunk bambi on ice

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Never seen a player like him, could cause havoc, beat a guy or two but then turn into a drunk bambi on ice
    Nathaniel Mendez Laing.

Smile Of The Year Award 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nathaniel Mendez Laing.
    I see where you're coming from but I'd have an idea what NML was trying to do, Niasse varied from Championship level to never played football before in the space of 2m

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I see where you're coming from but I'd have an idea what NML was trying to do, Niasse varied from Championship level to never played football before in the space of 2m
    Yup, perfect summary of Niasse. I loved NML, he was the only player that i've seen who would run the ball out of play at the same speed he started the run, he literally wouldn't put the brakes on. It was a thing of beauty and bemusement at the same time. Even our players just put their heads down when it happened.

Didn't he have a good loan period with Hull with their fans saying he was half decent at championship level

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Didn't he have a good loan period with Hull with their fans saying he was half decent at championship level
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oumar_Niasse

4 goals in 17 appearances (not sure how many starts) - better than 0 goals in 13 appearances for us.

Did OK at Lokomotive.

The maddest thing about him is I bet he looks exactly the same at this 10th division level as he does in the Championship

I was very impressed how he went on mazy dribbles controlling the ball with his shins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He could do a job for us.
    Just not a very good one.