+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos, I don’t get it.

Tattoos, I don’t get it.

I guy I know has spent £2 grand on tattoos in recent times and yet pays his car insurance on the drip. I can understand someone getting a holiday tattoo on a booze filled impulse but full blown portraiture on all parts of the body, regardless of the obvious cost, leaves me searching for answers. I once met a guy at our local baths with the complete Crucifixion scene on his back. I enquired “Catholic I See “ and he answered “ Why do say that butt?”. I should have realised he couldn’t see it. There was a guy on BBC news this week with his face tattooed wondering why he couldn’t get a job.
    All answers will be read with interest.

Re: Tattoos, I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    I guy I know has spent £2 grand on tattoos in recent times and yet pays his car insurance on the drip. I can understand someone getting a holiday tattoo on a booze filled impulse but full blown portraiture on all parts of the body, regardless of the obvious cost, leaves me searching for answers. I once met a guy at our local baths with the complete Crucifixion scene on his back. I enquired “Catholic I See “ and he answered “ Why do say that butt?”. I should have realised he couldn’t see it. There was a guy on BBC news this week with his face tattooed wondering why he couldn’t get a job.
    All answers will be read with interest.
    Each to their own with tattoos, I know some love them, but I can't say they do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Each to their own with tattoos, I know some love them, but I can't say they do anything for me.
    Appalling on women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Appalling on women.
    Women are going to be gutted if they read this

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Only some of them

You've admitted you don't get it. Think about it. form an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    They can read?

Generational thing

I love tattoos on women. Depends where and of what of course but they can be pretty and naughty..which is the dream combination let's be honest

I don't see the point

Never fancied on myself. each to their own, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I love tattoos on women. Depends where and of what of course but they can be pretty and naughty..which is the dream combination let's be honest
    This is me agreeing with Mr J!

Each to their own. Leave them to it.

As for the way he pays his bills, not really sure why that matters, probably doesn't cost a great deal more, think I saved 100 quid paying mine up front, he's got it in the bank covered to come out monthly and has a little more dough to blow there and then..

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    This is me agreeing with Mr J!
    Welcome to the rest of your life my friend 🤣👍

Appalling on women.
    The one woman we had on here that was scared off, is probably ****ing gutted to read that. Especially from a bloke with a multi account

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Welcome to the rest of your life my friend 🤣👍
    Fair play, this did make me

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The one woman we had on here that was scared off, is probably ****ing gutted to read that. Especially from a bloke with a multi account
    Oh yeah now that's news to me, so who else do you reckon I am?

Oh yeah now that's news to me, so who else do you reckon I am?
    No idea. But I was pissing myself at your twitter

As someone with them it's really really difficult to explain their appeal. I would say that yes, they are more popular now and accepted but they have been around for 2-3 thousand years so its definitely just not a generational thing. Part of it is personal - I have some that are never on display that have a "meaning to me". Others are decorative - in the same way people might style their hair in a certain way, buy certain clothes. Even a car choice is often on some level about displaying something to others.

They’re nothing but a bunch of pricks

I got mine as two fingers to my strict religious upbringing, and then grew to love getting them. Each to their own.

I loathe leg tats on women...especially the massive ones on the thigh or calf. I won't negotiate with them

Definitely a generation thing. Think I've said before that my daughter (25) has loads - around thirty or so, some big, and she's slowly filling in the gaps between them. Personally, I think they look awful, but I don't say that to her, obviously. Got nothing against the odd shoulder Welsh flag, or City crest, but any more than one is too many.
    But as I said, she has loads, and so do a lot of her friends. It seems to be far more acceptable these days. Mind you, anyone stupid enough to put one on their face needs their head read...

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Definitely a generation thing. Think I've said before that my daughter (25) has loads - around thirty or so, some big, and she's slowly filling in the gaps between them. Personally, I think they look awful, but I don't say that to her, obviously. Got nothing against the odd shoulder Welsh flag, or City crest, but any more than one is too many.
    But as I said, she has loads, and so do a lot of her friends. It seems to be far more acceptable these days. Mind you, anyone stupid enough to put one on their face needs their head read...
    I'm with you.

I discovered, doing some family history digging, that I'm related to this person: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-tattoo-artist

Doc Graham did my first one about 30 years ago.
    Time for a new one I think.
    Anyone got the Peter Stilton picture?