+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

But we can still go to away games for now.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wales-22525909

Re: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Maybe radical but I wonder if the Welsh clubs will consider moving the home games to an English ground? Got to be better having a few thousand Cardiff fans there than playing behind closed doors? Would the league allow it?

Maybe radical but I wonder if the Welsh clubs will consider moving the home games to an English ground? Got to be better having a few thousand Cardiff fans there than playing behind closed doors? Would the league allow it?
    I doubt it. What benefits would the English clubs get? Our closest ground would be Ashton Gate in Bristol. In letting us play there they’d be strengthening a relegation rival, ruin their pitch with twice the amount of games being played and probably lose out financially. We’d probably only take 3000 or 4000. I’d also imagine their supporters wouldn’t like their club helping out a rival team.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I doubt it. What benefits would the English clubs get? Our closest ground would be Ashton Gate in Bristol. In letting us play there they’d be strengthening a relegation rival, ruin their pitch with twice the amount of games being played and probably lose out financially. We’d probably only take 3000 or 4000. I’d also imagine their supporters wouldn’t like their club helping out a rival team.
    Yeah I was thinking much smaller than that. Likes of Hereford and forest Green rovers. Even Chasetown!

a non-league team might be glad of the income, then size comes into play, around 2 K at Gloucester's new place, Chippenhams place holds just over 3 K

Love the idea of playing at Forest Greens, new lawn stadium.

They would welcome the revenue, and only an hours drive away.

While I appreciate it would never happen, and would certainly not be in the spirit of the restrictions. I am certain we would sell out every game, 5k capacity, and would be a fun / quirky experience for our fan base.

Always enjoyed our pre seasons friendlies at the lawn, and the veggie food is very good!

The English will follow in a couple of weeks.

If Drakeford had any control over the furlough scheme I think we'd have seen a lot more places being closed for a few weeks.

Good move by city to call off the Coventry game if they saw this decision coming. We need a good few covid cases for the next few home games too.

Although it might be pointless, I don’t see us being back in the stadium this season

A few thoughts on the shortest day of the year.

There’s loads of events going on with crowds, indoors and outdoors. Where’s the stats to show whether these events are spreaders?

Is this closure an acceptance that vaccine passports don’t work?

If the third jab protects 80% or whatever figure we’re currently quoting, shouldn’t at least those people be able to attend?

Half of the people currently in hospital with Covid in London were admitted for another problem

This decision could see us relegated !!!

Will Duckford be able to compensate the club for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    A few thoughts on the shortest day of the year.

There’s loads of events going on with crowds, indoors and outdoors. Where’s the stats to show whether these events are spreaders?

Is this closure an acceptance that vaccine passports don’t work?

If the third jab protects 80% or whatever figure we’re currently quoting, shouldn’t at least those people be able to attend?

Half of the people currently in hospital with Covid in London were admitted for another problem
    Until covid passports are only issued if you've had a booster, then their not really worth having if you want to stop omicron spreading. I can see them changing within the next month.

It's outdoors.

Not even a reduced capacity, or for a month or two making the passport negative lft.

Poor show from Welsh Labour as they arbitrarily close down indoor and outdoor sporting events for spectators.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's outdoors.

Not even a reduced capacity, or for a month or two making the passport negative lft.
    This is why it's such a lazy law. In a 33,000 seater stadium we aren't even allowed 1,000 people in all who will have been triple vaxxed and a negative test. And the cymru premier games that get about 2 or 300 won't have anyone in. Yet people will be able to watch legally from the bars overlooking the pitch all crowded together and drinking indoors.

They won't explain 'the science' behind why only the indoors drinking and crowded scenario is now legal but it would be interesting to hear.

someone should tell radio wales our game has already been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Poor show from Welsh Labour as they arbitrarily close down indoor and outdoor sporting events for spectators.

It really is inconsistent isn't it.
    I agree though, our home form might pick up as a result.
    How much of a financial hit will this give us as well if it carries on for long with little or no compensation scheme in place?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Bristol City chief exec on the radio said each game is worth £400k to them, so £3m ain’t gonna go far.

We’re obviously in financial strife and this is the last thing we needed

This is why it's such a lazy law. In a 33,000 seater stadium we aren't even allowed 1,000 people in all who will have been triple vaxxed and a negative test. And the cymru premier games that get about 2 or 300 won't have anyone in. Yet people will be able to watch legally from the bars overlooking the pitch all crowded together and drinking indoors.

They won't explain 'the science' behind why only the indoors drinking and crowded scenario is now legal but it would be interesting to hear.
    This.
    Boxing day is a big one when it comes to local rugby as well. Everyone will all just pile in to the clubhouses 11am on the piss now where as could have been outside watching the games played.
    I can understand trying to stem the covid rate rise and knew something was coming but this latest closure does seem to the extreme.

This is absolutely pointless because no ones going to listen

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Our home form is atrocious. Maybe a lack of crowds will be a blessing!

Notwithstanding our awful home form, this decision will put the City at a great disadvantage with our fellow relegation strugglers. I think you can expect Pubs to close in New Year, too.

Cymru Am Byth.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This is absolutely pointless because no ones going to listen
    What do you mean? Do you think people are going to turn up at the stadium demanding to be let in?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I'm glad you posted this Bob. I heard about this last night and couldn't sleep for hours mulling this over and was going to post something similar on here this morning. So I was both surprised and relieved that I am, at least, not going completely mad by not either supporting or understanding the decision by the Welsh government.

I'm actually furious about this because this feels more like panic (not a good look for any leaders) and has very little scientific basis. Once again, we're back to an overloaded health service fear, two years into a pandemic and I'd like to know the logistical planning that has been taking place over this period that should have anticipated the resources required to deal with it.

The real damage now is that, without proper explanation, figures, reasoning, and argument to back this decision, they have made the scientific argument redundant, and thus, they've rendered their own credibility and authority redundant also. It's really damaging. Poorly done. Badly communicated.