+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Re: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate you're the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Your analogy is utterly false. How can a shop worker work online? Can they stock shelves virtually? Tesco online is a separate entity within the Tesco chain from the stores division, for example.

The point being made which is clearly miles above your head, is that a literal interpretation of Dripford's edicts indicate schools should close. Apart from those children who use public transport, teaching can be conducted remotely as it has been before - with some specific exceptions. As was pointed out, Dripford doesn't consider nuances and edge cases.
    Oh dear. Made me chuckle though, so thanks for that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    Online shopping is a thing, therefore all shops should close type logic. Brilliant.
    Which is precisely what he did before when he made Supermarkets barrier off 'non-essential' aisles to prevent people from buying things that might disadvantage shops he forced to close, without even considering on-line shopping, as a result of which both suffered. Of course on-line shopping was OK because he didn't ban delivery drivers, they are essential workers.

So are you suggesting that he should do the same again or accepting and agreeing that his edicts have nothing to do with protecting anything and have no real solid justification?

International

Oh dear. Made me chuckle though, so thanks for that.
    Is that code for "I have no answer to that?"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is that code for "I have no answer to that?"
    Exactly that, I've been beaten by my intellectual superiors possibly due to my 'dead slug' reading capacity.

International

Exactly that, I've been beaten by my intellectual superiors possibly due to my 'dead slug' reading capacity.
    good of you to be so magnanimous in defeat!!

good of you to be so magnanimous in defeat!!
    No probs. How many teachers do you think will be fined?

International

No probs. How many teachers do you think will be fined?
    None at all.
    But that doesn't make the law right it just makes it an ass and we should all be allowed to ignore it.

But what would happen if some organisation, (like some of the ones always taking the UK government to court) brought an action against the Welsh government for breaking the law and demanded that it is fined £1000.oo for every teacher every day who went to school? And of course all the teachers to be fined retrospectively?
    Or perhaps some poor privately employed person who has been fined?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate you've the reading capacity of a dead slug.

Your analogy is utterly false. How can a shop worker work online? Can they stock shelves virtually? Tesco online is a separate entity within the Tesco chain from the stores division, for example.

The point being made which is clearly miles above your head, is that a literal interpretation of Dripford's edicts indicate schools should close. Apart from those children who use public transport, teaching can be conducted remotely as it has been before - with some specific exceptions. As was pointed out, Dripford doesn't consider nuances and edge cases.
    Whenever I read a post of yours I imagine you back in August 2021 thinking "oh my god I'm gonna call myself logic and then start replies with logic would indicate, it's gonna be absolute class" and then going to the effort of making an account and it makes me so glad I've never done that

None at all.
    But that doesn't make the law right it just makes it an ass and we should all be allowed to ignore it.

But what would happen if some organisation, (like some of the ones always taking the UK government to court) brought an action against the Welsh government for breaking the law and demanded that it is fined £1000.oo for every teacher every day who went to school? And of course all the teachers to be fined retrospectively?
    Or perhaps some poor privately employed person who has been fined?
    From 20 December, people must work from home where reasonably practicable for them to do so. Employers must allow or require their employees to work from home unless there is a clear business or well-being need that would make working from home impractical where reasonable, in line with their duties to take reasonable measures.

Source: https://gov.wales/alert-level-2-guidance-public-html

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    From 20 December, people must work from home where reasonably practicable for them to do so. Employers must allow or require their employees to work from home unless there is a clear business or well-being need that would make working from home impractical where reasonable, in line with their duties to take reasonable measures.

Source: https://gov.wales/alert-level-2-guidance-public-html
    Oy, stop it with your pertinent referenced facts, dude

Xsnaggle initially stated "And teachers cannot go to school because they'll get fined given the fact the welsh government knows they can work from home." Now he's claiming 'None at all' will get fined...

International

Oy, stop it with your pertinent referenced facts, dude

Xsnaggle initially stated "And teachers cannot go to school because they'll get fined given the fact the welsh government knows they can work from home." Now he's claiming none will get fined...
    I'm not "claiming" any such thing. you asked me how many i think will actually get find and I said none. That is because I think that is what the result will be, but it doesn't alter the fact that they will break the law by going to work nor the fact that the law is completely stupid.

I'm not "claiming" any such thing. you asked me how many i think will actually get find and I said none. That is because I think that is what the result will be, but it doesn't alter the fact that they will break the law by going to work nor the fact that the law is completely stupid.
    Happy to retract 'claiming' and replace with 'suggesting'. Hope that's ok?

You don't seem to be acknowledging the content of post 209? Doesn't that change your perception of how the reg should be understood and applied?

International

Happy to retract 'claiming' and replace with 'suggesting'. Hope that's ok?

You don't seem to be acknowledging the content of post 209? Doesn't that change your perception of how the reg should be understood and applied?
    I saw no need to respond to 209, its not an opinion it's a statement of what the regulation says, it says nothing that alters what I've been arguing. People who can work from home must. it does say except.... and give a list of exception does it?
    And no suggesting is also not correct. Your wording implies that I made an opinion I didn't. I answered your direct question with a direct answer.
    Your question was deliberately worded to invite the reply you got, you instigated it, not me. I think no one will get fined but that doesn't mean I don't think they should. Either they should get fined or the law should be completely ignored by everyone, but we both know Mr Drakeford won't like that. They can work from home therefore they must, it doesn't say perhaps or maybe or sometimes.

Anyone else reckon that posters who hilariously use a play on words on people’s/team’s names lose all the hilarity and credibility of their posts on the umpteenth time they use them? Dripford, yawn, Weeds, yawn, Sjoke, yawn etc etc. Honestly, you aren’t the comedian you think you are.

I saw no need to respond to 209, its not an opinion it's a statement of what the regulation says, it says nothing that alters what I've been arguing. People who can work from home must. it does say except.... and give a list of exception does it?
    And no suggesting is also not correct. Your wording implies that I made an opinion I didn't. I answered your direct question with a direct answer.
    Your question was deliberately worded to invite the reply you got, you instigated it, not me. I think no one will get fined but that doesn't mean I don't think they should. Either they should get fined or the law should be completely ignored by everyone, but we both know Mr Drakeford won't like that. They can work from home therefore they must, it doesn't say perhaps or maybe or sometimes.
    Working from a class room would support the well-being needs of the children would it not?

I presume Xsnaggle thinks its reasonable for all schools to close and children taught at home.

International

Working from a class room would support the well-being needs of the children would it not?
    But it is proven that they can teach from home they have already done it and nothing has changed, the technology is still in place.
    From the date in what Jordi posted I would suspect that those words are from last Christmas although I'm not sure, and they worked from home then, and as someone else mentioned they happily closed down this year a week early for Christmas. That doesn't exactly imply prioritising the mental and educational need of the country's children does it?
    The fact that it is far better that they do go to work and the schools stay open is not in dispute.
    What is in dispute is the law itself. If they do what we all know is right they will be breaking the law, and if Drakeford does nothing to prevent them breaking the law he is implicit in its being broken and and is in breach himself. The law is a idiocy!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I presume Xsnaggle thinks its reasonable for all schools to close and children taught at home.
    Snaggle doesn't think any such thing, don't assume too much. I think that the schools should be open and the teachers should go to work. that is not the point I'm arguing.
    The point is that if and when they do they will be breaking the law as it stands. That is because it is the law that is wrong. It is completely idiotic!

The trust in the British people. The bufoons famous words.

Weve got no chance.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The trust in the British people. The bufoons famous words.

Weve got no chance.
    But this has nothing to do with him. This is our own welsh government
    If you think otherwise you aren't paying attention. You'll get detention, if the schools are open that is.

But it is proven that they can teach from home they have already done it and nothing has changed, the technology is still in place.
    From the date in what Jordi posted I would suspect that those words are from last Christmas although I'm not sure, and they worked from home then, and as someone else mentioned they happily closed down this year a week early for Christmas. That doesn't exactly imply prioritising the mental and educational need of the country's children does it?
    The fact that it is far better that they do go to work and the schools stay open is not in dispute.
    What is in dispute is the law itself. If they do what we all know is right they will be breaking the law, and if Drakeford does nothing to prevent them breaking the law he is implicit in its being broken and and is in breach himself. The law is a idiocy!!
    The link is dated 23/12/2021.

The clue is in the date shown within the link.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The link is dated 23/12/2021.

The clue is in the date shown within the link.
    The link may be but the words of the statement say from the 20th Dec, which is what made me think it may be a regurgitated statement (Not by you) from the last lockdown. Not finger pointing or anything I just noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Whenever I read a post of yours I imagine you back in August 2021 thinking "oh my god I'm gonna call myself logic and then start replies with logic would indicate, it's gonna be absolute class" and then going to the effort of making an account and it makes me so glad I've never done that
    Don't be unfair: I think many of us had similarly silly ideas when we too were 13.

The regs do not apply to teachers for the reasons given, no teachers will be fined. Not sure what else I can say on this.

International

The regs do not apply to teachers for the reasons given, no teachers will be fined. Not sure what else I can say on this.
    The regs don't mention teachers being exempt and they weren't last time. But the point is that the law is rediculous, the teacher thing is an example of that/ you can go to the pub but not to work? really?
    The olny reason he didn't close the pubs is because he doesn't want to pay them, he want then to shut of their own accord even if tht means them going bust.no point in continuing any futher. Enjoy the eof your holiday