The scourge of the Parking Attendants!
Many of you of a certain age will remember the antics of Jeremy Beadle and his parking attendant wind ups on a Saturday night
Well for the last half an hour I’ve been sitting in my car parked up waiting for ‘er indoors to finish her shopping 🛍
Location is the Cardiff Bay Retail Park.
What a thoroughly entertaining half an hour it’s been!!!
I’ve been watching these two parking attendants dressed in luminous yellow and blue uniforms going about their work.
Firstly if anyone parks where they are not supposed to when there’s clear signage everywhere then you must have rocks in your head!!
With that said these two ninja like operatives who are clearly in Grinch mode prey on the lazy motorist with pinpoint precision.
A woman rocks up outside PetsAtHome in her BMW 4x4 (the car is really irrelevant but in her case had to be mentioned) She’s a forty something Catfish who parks on the Double Yellow lines - gets out and adjusts her scarf - looks at the double yellow lines and decides to go back inside the vehicle to turn her hazard lights on - these lights will protect her she thinks before heading inside
She had only stepped foot in the store when these two parking attendants pounce
The one is taking pictures of the vehicle front and back whilst the other slaps a ticket in a black and yellow polythene bag on the windscreen- they MUST have had the ticket PRE WRITTEN whereby they just added the registration index as it was really that fast
They then retired out of sight skulking over by Costa Coffee admiring their work.
The woman returned minutes later with her de-worming tablets and after jumping into the car realises her wincies aren’t wiping properly due to a Christmas gift deposited on her windscreen which she quickly removes and speeds off
Exactly the same happens again minutes later outside Boots the chemist
This time two cars park on the double yellows - the one fortunately still had the driver whereby his passenger had exited and he duly drove away but the second car got the Ninja treatment.
A third car parked in the disabled bay on the end - two women got out and walked towards Argos- I couldn’t see the windscreen but I’m guessing the correct blue badge or whatever is required wasn’t present as they “Grinched” this vehicle with a ticket
I’d seen three tickets doled out in less than ten minutes lol
As I’ve already said lazy motorists parking wherever they like get what they deserve but if you’re heading to Cardiff Bay retail park anytime soon then it’s definitely not Jeremy Beadle you’ll be seeing- Beware 🎫