+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AlwaysAway RIP

AlwaysAway RIP

Dear all, this morning I have received the very sad news that Nick Walker aka AlwaysAway has succumbed to the effects of Covid.

Nick lived in Jersey but travelled to every City away game. He may have been occasionally controversial with his views on this site but in real life he was a fantastic travelling companion and one of the nicest humans you will ever meet.

RIP friend, fellow bluebird and great mate. Make sure you get the Dragon the right way round, wherever you travel.

Re: AlwaysAway RIP

that is very sad news

RIP

Very sad to hear

That is very sad , and a bit of a shock, didn't know him but I have friends in Jersey so he seemed quite real to me .

Shocked when I heard the news this morning, I was just about to send him a message to wish him a happy birthday and suggest that he updated his name to sometimesaway, rather than alwaysaway.

Whenever our paths crossed he took great pleasure in telling whoever was in his company that I'd not missed a game in so many years, I think he knew it embarrassed me a little .

I'll miss making sure I don't stand in the rows behind you at games, knowing that you'd have your flag out obstructing everyone's view for random parts of the game (perhaps you were doing us a favour really).

Rest in peace mate, I'll have a beer for you .

Sad news. I saw a post on Facebook earlier but didn't know his relationship with this messageboard.
    He will be missed on here for sure.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Dear all, this morning I have received the very sad news that Nick Walker aka AlwaysAway has succumbed to the effects of Covid.

Nick lived in Jersey but travelled to every City away game. He may have been occasionally controversial with his views on this site but in real life he was a fantastic travelling companion and one of the nicest humans you will ever meet.

RIP friend, fellow bluebird and great mate. Make sure you get the Dragon the right way round, wherever you travel.
    I’m sorry to here this Des 😢

I didn’t know Always but what did he do for work that meant that he lived in Jersey and yet went to every away game? He must have had an interesting life.

Thats really sad.

RIP.

Sad news.
    Sorry for your loss Des and condolences to his friends and family.
    RIP Nick

Rest In Peace Bluebird

I bumped into him at a beach bar, years ago, and had a good chat about the City. His dedication was beyond reproach. He must have spent thousands on air fairs over the years.
    RIP

Very sad news indeed

RIP Bluebird

Very sad and a shock. Another victim of this lousy pandemic.

He last posted less than 2 weeks ago - and was a big part of this board. I rarely agreed with him but always admired his commitment.

Rip bluebird. Sad news.

Really sorry to read this. Came across as a very dedicated City fan.

RIP Bluebird

Always sad to hear things like this. RIP Bluebird

Jesus that’s so sad, I’m sure he was posting really recently too. RIP

I’m sure he’d been posting on here forever too

As someone who has an interest in cryptocurrencies, I particularly liked to follow his updates and tips on the subject.

RIP Bluebird

RIP Bluebird

That's awful. He was a Barry boy right? The name doesn't ring a bell. How old was he?

Wow such a shock, met Nick loads of times at away games, he was a die hard, seasons when he didn't miss one away games, went to the fa cup semi and final with him and his son Also visited him on Jersey, he had one seasons awayticket stubs framed in a case, every game must have cost him a fortune from Jersey. RIP Nick, top bluebird, top bloke

Awful news.
    RIP

Very sad and totally unexpected.

R.I.P. young man

Very sad news especially to lose his life because of this damned pandemic.