+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cancel culture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cancel culture

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He wanted to plug his own material and she was looking for something current to report on. Different agendas and he wasn't astute enough to manipulate the situation to his own advantage.
    I just watched it and I don't think the woman was "obliterated" at all. As you say he was on air simply with the purpose of promoting his gigs. I thought he came across as afraid to develop any question she posed and simply flounced ASAP. A fantastic comedian but this wasn't one of his best performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I just watched it and I don't think the woman was "obliterated" at all. As you say he was on air simply with the purpose of promoting his gigs. I thought he came across as afraid to develop any question she posed and simply flounced ASAP. A fantastic comedian but this wasn't one of his best performances.
    I would agree she wasn't obliterated. and if he had been a politician he would have expected to be asked questions outside those he had been asked on for. But these sort of interviews are usually meant to promote what the interviewee is doing. Look at the Graham Norton show. I enjoy it mut much of it is just a plug for what the guests are currently doing.

If Tom Cruise was on and Graham suddenly said "Now Tom I would like your views on scientology" he would get very short shrift.

The first general question about cancel culture was probably acceptable.But then she asked a second after which it was pretty obvious he wantd to get the interview back to where it was intended. She didn't take the hint and aslked a third question at w3hich point he quite rightly felt he had had enough.

I don't think he was afraid to develop any question she asked,he just didn't want to. Which is his right.

As he said at one point it is a very complex subject. If the BBC had wanted the interview to be about that they shouild have made it plain before hand

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I would agree she wasn't obliterated. and if he had been a politician he would have expected to be asked questions outside those he had been asked on for. But these sort of interviews are usually meant to promote what the interviewee is doing. Look at the Graham Norton show. I enjoy it mut much of it is just a plug for what the guests are currently doing.

If Tom Cruise was on and Graham suddenly said "Now Tom I would like your views on scientology" he would get very short shrift.

The first general question about cancel culture was probably acceptable.But then she asked a second after which it was pretty obvious he wantd to get the interview back to where it was intended. She didn't take the hint and aslked a third question at w3hich point he quite rightly felt he had had enough.

I don't think he was afraid to develop any question she asked,he just didn't want to. Which is his right.

As he said at one point it is a very complex subject. If the BBC had wanted the interview to be about that they shouild have made it plain before hand
    It's a trade-off. Celebs and famous people do the media rounds answering the same or silly questions through gritted teeth in order to sell their wares. They don't usually do it for the appearance fee, methinks.