+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could we now play Swansea without a bubble?

International

Could we now play Swansea without a bubble?

I doubt it still, but it may not be as bad as we think? I know there is loads of running about and shouting and genuine dislike, but is this mostly for show because both set of fans no they can't get at each other?

With all the cameras and police do you think it could happen any time soon, or would it still be as bad as ever?

I suppose being on a Saturday at 3.00pm is a step in the right direction.

Re: Could we now play Swansea without a bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I doubt it still, but it may not be as bad as we think? I know there is loads of running about and shouting and genuine dislike, but is this mostly for show because both set of fans no they can't get at each other?

With all the cameras and police do you think it could happen any time soon, or would it still be as bad as ever?

I suppose being on a Saturday at 3.00pm is a step in the right direction.
    There will always be a few in both sides looking for trouble, probably more so for them as they are 20 yrs behind the rest of the uk when it comes to that sort of thing.

Those bygone days of independent travel to that fixture can never return.

Nobody wishes to witness scenes reminiscent of those dark days. Some of Swansea's streets in the aftermath were as bloody as the fields were after the Battle of Bannockburn.

Terrified and wholly innocent local residents had to flee for their lives. Arterial roads to Llanelli and Carmarthen became gridlocked with campervans along with horse and carts as a humanitarian crisis unfolded.

But anyway, 'pop and crisps' travellers enjoy the restrictions because they are always quick to fill the club's ticket allocation.

Who can really blame them when Abba and Showaddywaddy songs can be listened to on their coaches? If the CD player goes up the spout, spontaneous renditions of Kumbaya, My Lord and The Beatles' Yellow Submarine are enjoyed by all.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Those bygone days of independent travel to that fixture can never return.

Nobody wishes to witness scenes reminiscent of those dark days. Some of Swansea's streets in the aftermath were as bloody as the fields were after the Battle of Bannockburn.

Terrified and wholly innocent local residents had to flee for their lives. Arterial roads to Llanelli and Carmarthen became gridlocked with campervans along with horse and carts as a humanitarian crisis unfolded.

But anyway, 'pop and crisps' travellers enjoy the restrictions because they are always quick to fill the club's ticket allocation.

Who can really blame them when Abba and Showaddywaddy songs can be listened to on their coaches? If the CD player goes up the spout, spontaneous renditions of Kumbaya, My Lord and The Beatles' Yellow Submarine are enjoyed by all.

Not for a few years I'd imagine, and I imagine the behaviour of some of our fans at Ashton Gate this season confirmed as such to the police

No chance now and no chance for a long while either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No chance now and no chance for a long while either.
    It may deter families and other decent supporters from going for the first couple until "the lads" got it out of their system

What I don't understand is why do they have to wait - surely in the days of technology they can just "a meet" out of the way in some remote part of Wales and kick twenty shades of brown out of each other and whoever is left can write a book about it - never understood why they have to use football as a vehicle for this type of rubbish