Re: Cancel culture

Cancel Culture

Woke

Snowflake

It's political correctness gone mad

They are coming over here and taking our jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep and it’s often these very same people who want to cancel the tv license. So it’s cancel culture when it suits.
    Yeah Yeah and when the royal wedding goes onto ITV ?

Is that what you want ?

Interesting comment

The Dixie Chick's get a load of abuse from all angles because they had a go at George w Bush .......which surely is right wing cancel culture ?

But no , these people were being patriotic and getting behind the president

So that's OK then

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Cancel culture is a right-wing myth. They didn't seem to have a problem with it when they were burning Beatles records.
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Interesting comment

The Dixie Chick's get a load of abuse from all angles because they had a go at George w Bush .......which surely is right wing cancel culture ?

But no , these people were being patriotic and getting behind the president

So that's OK then
    Yep hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    20 seconds in and Neil Young has been called a "cuck" and someone says "if you want America, listen to Springsteen"; the famously anti-patriotic singer/songwriter.

Please tell me - why would anyone over the age of 12 want to listen beyond that point?

The blurb underneath the video:

"Flagrant 2 is a comedy podcast that delivers unfiltered, unapologetic, and unruly hot takes directly to your dome piece. In an era dictated by political correctness, hosts Andrew Schulz and Akaash Singh, along with AlexxMedia and Mark Gagnon, could care less about sensitivities. If it’s funny and flagrant it flies. If you are sensitive this podcast is not for you. But if you miss the days of comedians actually being funny instead of preaching to a quire then welcome to The Flagrancy."

Should have gone further .

Its good.

No, its really really good ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are we saying that international sanctions in response to a war are now part of Cancel CULTURE
    Sainsbury’s have changed the name of Chicken Kiev’s and Comparethemarket have got rid of their fictional meerkats from their adverts.

Can you tell me what these particular ‘international sanctions’ achieve

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sainsbury’s have changed the name of Chicken Kiev’s and Comparethemarket have got rid of their fictional meerkats from their adverts.

I agree the chicken kiev thing comes across as a bit trite but surely you can understand why two jocular Russian meerkats don't currently feel like the best way to advertise a product

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I agree the chicken kiev thing comes across as a bit trite but surely you can understand why two jocular Russian meerkats don't currently feel like the best way to advertise a product
    Kiev is the Russian Spelling.

Kyiv is the Ukrainian spelling
    Don't think it is quite so trite then.

Won't give Putin any sleepless nights of course, but then not much will

Should Olga Korbut return her Olympic medals?

I named my dog Mica, but someone told me that they thought the name originated in Russia, so tonight I drove her up onto the Rhygos mountain, kicked her out of the car then drove home - just doing my bit for the war effort.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I named my dog Mica, but someone told me that they thought the name originated in Russia, so tonight I drove her up onto the Rhygos mountain, kicked her out of the car then drove home - just doing my bit for the war effort.
    🤙🤣🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Should Olga Korbut return her Olympic medals?
    Ronnie Corbett has said ‘Sorry’ (if he was alive)

I think Splotty Parker should be cancelled for crimes committed on this messageboard.

As Tesco would say "every little helps..."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm glad to see your moral compass is still intact

I am not listening to any recordings by Russian conductor Valery Gergiev. He is apparently a close friend of Putin.

I will still listen to Tchaikovsky though. As he died in 1893 I don't think he can be blamed!

I refused all extras from the lovely Russian masseuse down my local massage parlour, so that I could teach Putin a very harsh lesson.

I relented and went and got her back - as I type this, I’m lying in bed with my cat lying on my duvet by my feet and my dog, as usual, under it subtly inching me towards the edge of the bed and away from the warm spot I’d created.

I refused all extras from the lovely Russian masseuse down my local massage parlour, so that I could teach Putin a very harsh lesson.
    Fair play

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What are they calling it now? Rat Kiev?

Just another thing that is totally stupid: I like german food and shop quite often in Walley's Deli in the Royal arcade. for years I have loved Zeguener schnitzel, having been introduced to it in Germany over 50 years ago. It is a pork dish with a traditional sauce made up of sweet peppers and stuff, and has always been called Zegeuner sauce, which in english is Gypsy.
    2 weeks ago I was looking for it and was directed to an identical jar which said 'Paprika sauce'.
    I pointed out that I didn't want paprika and was told its the same sauce and there is no paprika in it but they had to stop calling it zegeuner because it was deemed it may be insulting to gypsies.
    That is just plain stupid!
    this time I'll and really leave!!
    Comestible terminilogy also changed (and understandably so) since I lived in Germany in the late 70's in respect of a chocolate coated marshmallow cake with a cherry on the top. It used be called 'Negerkuss' i.e. the kiss of a black person (the 'N' word, that is). I think it is now called 'Schokokuss' i.e. chocolate kiss.

P.S. It's Zigeuner with an 'i'

Great - they were well past their sell-by date anyway and got on my nerves in the end.