+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Omicron No more than a cold ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Omicron No more than a cold ?

Isn't it wonderful that the scientists may have got it wrong? No doubt that the information is sketchy and the lack of any real positivity from the bods who make the decisions does have a negative effect on the population in my opinion, although there does seem the usual amount of paranoia in this thread. When has somebody who works high up in the medical profession ever given the best case scenario? They always give out the worst case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Isn't it wonderful that the scientists may have got it wrong? No doubt that the information is sketchy and the lack of any real positivity from the bods who make the decisions does have a negative effect on the population in my opinion, although there does seem the usual amount of paranoia in this thread. When has somebody who works high up in the medical profession ever given the best case scenario? They always give out the worst case.
    Where is the paranoia?

I have followed the rules up to now ,pretty much understood the dangers, this feels like nonsense . I started the thread in case I am missing the point..
    Hilts mentioning people being off work has a degree of something to be considered.
    If Omicron is just a cold/flu , surely we just need to get on with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Scientists are well aware that they get things wrong as they may have incomplete information/data in the first place. Many of them actually enjoy learning that they are wrong if it means that they subsequently learn more about any particular subject. Science means knowledge after all.