+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Premier League game off.

Another Premier League game off.

No real surprise. Rafa telling everyone there’s a growing list of injuries and players struck down with Covid. Since when has injuries been a strong case to postpone a game ? My guess is that Rafa is hiding behind Covid to get his main players match fit. Had it been the other way around , Everton would have insisted the game was played. Seems to me Everton have bent the rules to get their own way.

Re: Another Premier League game off.

This carry on Christmas nonsense was only ever a stay of execution in England. Wait for the announcements as soon as the turkey’s eaten.

I remember years ago Middlesbrough called a premiership game off due to injuries - got deducted 3 points which led to relegation.

There will be teams taking advantage of this situation.

My guess is that if the Premier league or government cancelled all festive EPL matches, then they'd have a massive compensation bill to pay to Amazon.
    Clubs calling off games on an individual basis means they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I remember years ago Middlesbrough called a premiership game off due to injuries - got deducted 3 points which led to relegation.

There will be teams taking advantage of this situation.
    I think any cancellations for Covid will be accepted and there'll be no points deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Rafa telling everyone there’s a growing list of injuries and players struck down with Covid.
    Perhaps he did that as Everton had a growing list of injuries and players struck down with Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps he did that as Everton had a growing list of injuries and players struck down with Covid.
    And surely a Football club would have to produce some evidence in order to get a football match called off, what with TV money, fixture congestion and all that stuff. Football clubs have their own personal Doctors and other medical people, surely they would have to submit a letter to say that players aren't fit to play? This isn't conning your parents type stuff because you want a day off school. This is big business.

All divisions almost wiped out of games. This is a ridiculous situation, how have Clubs suddenly got so many players with Covid, it’s really scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    All divisions almost wiped out of games. This is a ridiculous situation, how have Clubs suddenly got so many players with Covid, it’s really scandalous.
    I'm gonna have a guess and say we're in the midst of an upsurge of a pandemic or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm gonna have a guess and say we're in the midst of an upsurge of a pandemic or something?
    That’s an easy cop-out of a reply , why so many professional footballers? That shouldn’t be the case with all that’s happened over the past 2 years. There’s always someone on here with a stock reply. It’s no wonder this board has gone downhill over the years.

That’s an easy cop-out of a reply , why so many professional footballers? That shouldn’t be the case with all that’s happened over the past 2 years. There’s always someone on here with a stock reply. It’s no wonder this board has gone downhill over the years.
    To flip your question - why should football clubs be immune from Omicron? It makes sense that it could spread quickly in that environment, where masks and social distancing often aren't possible.

Are we in the middle of an upsurge of a new variant which is more transmissible?

I think you're being a little too sceptical.