Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Because all politicians do not go around deriding the England team for non footballing reasons at the start of a tournament. Most people were able to detect the rank hypocrisy behind accusing the England players and management of “playing politics” one minute and then trying to climb aboard the bandwagon when things started to go well.

It seems however that you do not qualify as “most people” as, despite all of the self proclaimed balanced approach, you yet again show your complete lack of said quality by coming down on one side of the political divide - you always do this. So, to try to make out that your opinion is more valid than mine because I don’t read as widely as you do seems a bit of a leap really because reading what the other side is saying appears to have no effect whatsoever on you, as, like so many of us on here, it’s easy to tell exactly what you’re going to say even before your contribution to a political thread is read.
Bob,

Firstly,I don't think my opinion is more valid than yours at all. Lets clear that up from the start. Countering your narrative doesn't mean I think your opinion is less valid.

Secondly, I will always counter what I view as very left-wing stuff, and on the rare occasions anyone posts something very right wing I will counter that too.

To argue against a left wing position does not make one right wing, it can make someone centrist or someone who wants to restore balance. By definition, you cannot restore balance to a left-wing polemic article by posting more left-wing stuff. Note, I posted two articles; one from the right to counter yours, and one centrist, which is my position.

Believe me, if someone posted a traditional right-wing argument on the welfare state, prison reform, drug laws, capital punishment, taxation, LGBT rights etc then I would present a counter argument - we just never see that, on here at least..what we see is endless, simplistic left-wing stuff that does not seek to present an argument in its full. Anyone who questions it is labelled with a variety of insults that simply are not true.

The guardian really is the chief race-baiting newspaper in the UK. It is at the forefront of the culture war and for it to stir the pot daily and then pretend it has nothing to do with it is disingenuous and IMO should be called out.