+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we afford not to...

Can we afford not to...

...recall Wintle, Watters, Whyte & Murphy?

Putting aside personal prejudices and desires for our youth players to step up, the fact we don't seem to have any dosh and the table doesn't lie, is it time to acknowledge we need all hands on deck (especially with Covid issues on top) and we're going to have to scrap it out for the rest of the season?

Re: Can we afford not to...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ...recall Wintle, Watters, Whyte & Murphy?

Putting aside personal prejudices and desires for our youth players to step up, the fact we don't seem to have any dosh and the table doesn't lie, is it time to acknowledge we need all hands on deck (especially with Covid issues on top) and we're going to have to scrap it out for the rest of the season?
    With the impending Covid fixture backlog, we need more players, and those on loan will be needed 💯.

Murphy? Just the sort of player you want in a relegation struggle.

I don't see how we can justify not having everyone back in our position of limited finances and league struggles.

New manager also, I'd be surprised if we left any of them out on loan.

Unless..... We really can't afford to have them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Murphy? Just the sort of player you want in a relegation struggle.
    He's not my cup-of-tea either Mr S but does it justify him playing for a club in the same division we could be relegated from? I think he's injured anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't see how we can justify not having everyone back in our position of limited finances and league struggles.

New manager also, I'd be surprised if we left any of them out on loan.

Unless..... We really can't afford to have them back.
    This is the bit I'm confused about. Can anyone clarify this? It'd be good to have a bit more communication from the club in January, especially if we drop into the bottom three.

We could very much afford not to bring back Murphy, he'd need to do a lot to justify the additional wages we'd be taking n

Are Watters and Whyte genuine upgrades on what we have at the minute? I'd say probably not and it's better for Watters to keep playing than sit on a bench

Wintle is playing well in this division so should probably be recalled

Wintle I'd like to see back, possibly Watters

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd be inclined to agree. Whilst Murphy isn't the most exciting prospect, and I appreciate he is injured and has been benched for most of his time away, my only gripe is that I'd rather he was injured and benched with us and not another Championship side. I know that costs money for us but what if he hits form and starts banging in goals in the second half of the season? As unlikely as it may seem, I don't think we should be taking that risk. Let's see where we are after the next two away games. It'd be brave of Steve Morison not to recall him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We could very much afford not to bring back Murphy, he'd need to do a lot to justify the additional wages we'd be taking n

Are Watters and Whyte genuine upgrades on what we have at the minute? I'd say probably not and it's better for Watters to keep playing than sit on a bench

Wintle is playing well in this division so should probably be recalled
    Even if they aren't upgrades they increase the number available, which we will need if there are injuries or COVID absences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hasn’t he been running the show in blackpools midfield? Sounds like what we need

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Even if they aren't upgrades they increase the number available, which we will need if there are injuries or COVID absences.
    They would also increase the wage bill

Wintle left out of the squad for Blackpool tonight. not sure if he's injured or perhaps dropped to accommodate a change in formation, or just maybe .....