+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: AFC BOURNEMOUTH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Our midfield is looking stronger this half

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well that's blown Bacuna's chances of having a stand named after him ?
    I wouldn't name a hat stand after him.

If we can keep it like this until the 70 mark we could get something, although Morison is going to have to be brave by squeezing a midfield player a little higher. Bournemouth aren't great.

Jason Perry on Radio Wales on Bacuna's sending off - "Cardiff might appeal against the decision and ask for a 4 game ban"

If Bacuna gets fined a week's wages we could buy someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If we can keep it like this until the 70 mark we could get something, although Morison is going to have to be brave by squeezing a midfield player a little higher. Bournemouth aren't great.
    Scrap that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Isn’t it instant dismissal for industrial misconduct? If only he was industrial eh!

At least with the postponements they didn't ruin Christmas.

Why has Isaak gone off shortly after coming on?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    shame?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Probably because he brought a player on in a similar position and the midfield is light.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Idiotic challenge from behind, red card.
    Bacuna never fails to disappoint .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Jason Perry on Radio Wales on Bacuna's sending off - "Cardiff might appeal against the decision and ask for a 4 game ban"
    Good to hear Jason Perry, rip into him on Radio Wales throughout the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good to hear Jason Perry, rip into him on Radio Wales throughout the 2nd half.
    Bacuna has really let his team mates down. Absolutely idiotic challenge, no thought. He's a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Idiotic challenge from behind, red card.
    Bacuna never fails to disappoint .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Scrap that...
    I understand that we were playing the top of the table team (and we were down to 10 men at HT) it we had no shape, no threat, poor midfield and poor defence.
    Apart from one chance for Moore after about 15 minutes, we never offered any threat. I do wonder if we may listen to an offered for Moore, if one comes in ? With no wide players we are not playing to his strength.
    Every time our midfield won the ball back tonight we looked like rabbits in the headlights and lost the ball again within 2-3 seconds.
    Defensively I still believe we are persevering with a back 3 when we do not have the right personnel. We should try a back 4 and see if it makes a difference.
    All in all my take on tonight’s game is that Steve Morison should not get this job automatically at the end of the season. I have see little change in his approach and is not trying anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I understand that we were playing the top of the table team (and we were down to 10 men at HT) it we had no shape, no threat, poor midfield and poor defence.
    Apart from one chance for Moore after about 15 minutes, we never offered any threat. I do wonder if we may listen to an offered for Moore, if one comes in ? With no wide players we are not playing to his strength.
    Every time our midfield won the ball back tonight we looked like rabbits in the headlights and lost the ball again within 2-3 seconds.
    Defensively I still believe we are persevering with a back 3 when we do not have the right personnel. We should try a back 4 and see if it makes a difference.
    All in all my take on tonight’s game is that Steve Morison should not get this job automatically at the end of the season. I have see little change in his approach and is not trying anything different.
    I think we have players better suited to a back 5 with wingbacks than a flat back four. NG and Giles as fullbacks would be a huge concern.

Re: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Even taking the red card into account I thought we were dreadful tonight and I'm so disappointed Morison decided to pick such a poor midfield. The only ray of sunshine is Bacuna missing 3 matches. And why oh why does he persevere with Nelson? He's nowhere near a full back, surely Bagan would have been a better choice? I'm starting to believe Derby yet have a chance of catching us.

A manager can only work with what's available. For a Championship side we look so uncomfortable with the ball. Morison has got some semblance of organization, creating chances, but when it comes down to it, were it not for Derby's point deduction and two other awful sides in the Championship this season, we'd be odds on for relegation. Whatever happens, it's obvious we aren't going to pull away from the bottom 4 or 5, so I think it depends whether Peterborough can get [4] more points than us in the 2nd half of the season.

I was just about to post something similar. Yes, we were down to 10 but our ball retention and passing was abysmal. It was as bad as ever. That was a fairly flaccid performance against a side that looked very comfortable on the ball but huffed and puffed enough for us to have rattled them with a different approach. A poor starting eleven again by our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    A manager can only work with what's available. For a Championship side we look so uncomfortable with the ball. Morison has got some semblance of organization, creating chances, but when it comes down to it, were it not for Derby's point deduction and two other awful sides in the Championship this season, we'd be odds on for relegation. Whatever happens, it's obvious we aren't going to pull away from the bottom 4 or 5, so I think it depends whether Peterborough can get [4] more points than us in the 2nd half of the season.
    I don't disagree with you. It's scary tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're spot on with your analysis.

Midfield is appalling. The three in there tonight have no fluidity, very little vision and are no threat on goal. The game is played around them and they react, that's how far behind we are. I wasn't that impressed with Bournemouth until they got the 2nd, after that they just took the piss. What wouldn't have helped is our lack of preparation, but even if we had been up to scratch and with 11 players we wouldn't have created anything from open play with the three we had in the middle. Agree about Morison, i can't really see where he's going or even if he has an idea where he is going. Back 4 may be an otion, if you'd have asked me two weeks ago then i'd have said no. Perry Ng is a league 1 player and can't do wing back. Bacuna is an absolute fool of a footballer.

It would help if our international striker could bury his 2 chances too.