+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: AFC BOURNEMOUTH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I can never get over just how slow we are.

In possession, out of possession, closing down, starting matches, getting the ball into play. I'm thinking, he should close down there now, he could pass that there now and then 2.5 seconds later they attempt it slowly.

Everything seems like i'm playing Fifa with button delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I can never get over just how slow we are.

In possession, out of possession, closing down, starting matches, getting the ball into play. I'm thinking, he should close down there now, he could pass that there now and then 2.5 seconds later they attempt it slowly.

Everything seems like i'm playing Fifa with button delay.
    we're still on dial-up and everyone else has moved onto fibre-optic.

Re: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

We are so slow why do our players have to take 2 or 3 touches to get the ball under control.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We are so slow why do our players have to take 2 or 3 touches to get the ball under control.
    It's just a hunch.....maybe they aren't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    It's just a hunch.....maybe they aren't very good.
    never

"When asked about the reasoning behind Davies' substitution, Morison said candidly: "He wasn't good enough.

"I'm not sending a message. He just wasn't good enough.

"I brought him on to change the game, to help us, and he was more of a hindrance than he was a help."

Don't sit on the fence Steve.

Morison chucking a kid under the bus, again.

Here's what he had to say about Davies. I'm sorry, but that is piss poor management.

"He just wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game, to help us, and he was more of a hindrance than a help."
    https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...85066872963092

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Here's what he had to say about Davies. I'm sorry, but that is piss poor management.

"He just wasn't good enough. I brought him on to change the game, to help us, and he was more of a hindrance than a help."
    Ouch! That's terrible from our manager. Minus a million brownie points. He's going to have to go some to win me over after a comment like that. Very poor.

WTF

Does he really think that will do anything positive for the kid going forward?

A simple "I tried something, it didn't work so tried something else" would have sufficed.

Appalling from Morison. I can’t say I noticed Davies on the field but he was in good company.

**** me! I wonder what he'll say about the senior players? **** all i bet. He can do that with Davies because he managed him at u23 level. Davies wasn't good, but come on Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    WTF

Does he really think that will do anything positive for the kid going forward?

A simple "I tried something, it didn't work so tried something else" would have sufficed.
    I'm really livid tbh. I didn't have him down as that sort of a manager.

There is nothing like a good Christmas moan and a bit of slagging off the players and manager is there. Plus an apparent total lack of ability to recognise that we were playing a top two side, with ten men, for over 45 minutes and actually created more chances than them in the first half. Well, never mind, at least thanks to Drakeford you wont have to go (or not in many cases no doubt) and watch them live for a while which will cheer you all up no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "When asked about the reasoning behind Davies' substitution, Morison said candidly: "He wasn't good enough.

"I'm not sending a message. He just wasn't good enough.

"I brought him on to change the game, to help us, and he was more of a hindrance than he was a help."

Don't sit on the fence Steve.
    Well how's that to gee up a young lad playing with a team of experienced pros who are constantly M.I.A'.
    I'm losing faith with this bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Appalling from Morison. I can’t say I noticed Davies on the field but he was in good company.
    That's dreadful, he's dropped down in my estimation. Particularly since he picked such a poor team in the first place.

"It's harsh, not nice, lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. Ultimately, I did it because he wasn't good enough in that moment today.

"But he has had really good moments for us so far."

Some balance to his comments. I can only assume he says the same to them in person.

They were all piss poor.

There are certain comforting constants in life. Newton's Law. The square root of Pi. dml1954.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think perhaps that everyone should read the whole interview with the manager on Wales Online before jumping on the bandwagon of criticism. He was frank, yes but also quite complimentary about Davies’s ability and contribution made in other games. Morison has been nothing but excellent in relation to his bringing on and handling of our young players so far, so doesn't deserve the mock indignation being aimed at him by some.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think perhaps that everyone should read the whole interview with the manager on Wales Online before jumping on the bandwagon of criticism. He was frank, yes but also quite complimentary about Davies’s ability and contribution made in other games. Morison has been nothing but excellent in relation to his bringing on and handling of our young players so far, so doesn't deserve the mock indignation being aimed at him by some.
    There's no mock indignation on my part. It's very real indignation. I admire your optimism and stoic supporting but our manager got a few things wrong tonight. Nobody is beyond criticism. Not even our beloved CCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There's no mock indignation on my part. It's very real indignation. I admire your optimism and stoic supporting but our manager got a few things wrong tonight. Nobody is beyond criticism. Not even our beloved CCFC.

Harsh comments on Davies.

We’ve called Watters back, how about Wintle?!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bacuna could have pulled him back by his shirt and got a yellow at most, but City have been 'getting' at Bournemouth from the 1st 30 seconds, aka Vaulks, and Bacuna's choice of tackle was probably aimed at keeping things boiling over..
    I can’t stand the professional foul and always think that a yellow card is insufficient punishment but…….in this instance you are dead right. Why didn’t Bacuna just trip Billing or pull his shirt to stop him, instead of trying to cut him in half?

And Vaulks had been winding the opposition up from the very first minute…..

The best thing about the game tonight: £1 for the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    That is utter garbage.

He added: "But he has had really good moments for us so far."

That hardly makes his absolute demolition of Davies any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    "It's harsh, not nice, lots of people will say I only did it because he's a young lad. Ultimately, I did it because he wasn't good enough in that moment today.

"But he has had really good moments for us so far."

Some balance to his comments. I can only assume he says the same to them in person.

They were all piss poor.
    Sounds like he was talking to the press saying the same thing he did to his players, these are professional athletes, they know when they have had a crap game, the manager knows and the fans know, no point in sugar coating it