+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Thursday December 30th, ko 7:45pm.
    Live on Sky Sports Red Button and Sky Go

Match Officials:

Referee: JAMES LININGTON
    Assistants: Robert Hyde and Nigel Lugg
    Fourth Official : Charles Breakspear

Re: AFC BOURNEMOUTH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Assuming of course it goes ahead.

With Bournemouth playing later today at QPR it would appear they have no problems and hopefully Cardiff will be over their Covid issues when they return to training today. Next Sunday's opponents, WBA, are also playing today.

The last update from Steve Morison was last Wednesday where he said:

"Some have been ill but not too bad, some have been asymptomatic and have tested positive.

"People who have passed lateral flows have come back positive [after a further PCR test]."

Morison says Cardiff have largely been unaffected by Covid cases until this week, when the infection spread with a vengeance.

"We're not sure what the variant is because they only test, I think, one in five for the new [Omicron] variant, but it ripped through, straight through. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

"We've been amazingly lucky, we've had odd cases - a couple of them Rubin [Colwill] and Kieffer [Moore] came back from international duty with it, I think we had Ryan Giles who was off once with it.

"But apart from them we've had nothing and then we've had this, which is like 'bang' and we've been wiped out - we've got more players with Covid than without.

"I know they've [the English Football League] brought in new rules about having a 14-man squad including a goalkeeper [to fulfil fixtures].

"I can tell you now we wouldn't get anywhere near that, hence why the Coventry game has been called off.

"The training ground is closed until Monday, so we'll have had a full 10 days of isolation away from the training ground to give us the chance to, hopefully, put it behind us and move on."

Unless the English government make rule changes the next two games, Bournemouth away and WBA away, will see City fans in attendance.

Whereas the following week, Jan 9th, Cardiff v Preston in the FA Cup will be behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Unless the English government make rule changes the next two games, Bournemouth away and WBA away, will see City fans in attendance.

Whereas the following week, Jan 9th, Cardiff v Preston in the FA Cup will be behind closed doors.
    Away bookings are brisk

Im surprised that welsh government haven't clicked on to the fact that we can still go to away games. I have just bought 2 tickets for WBA and there was only about 40 tickets left.

Squad back in training today

Only a handful of players seen in those photos. Makes me wonder if a few are still absent.

Tough games but neither WBA or BH look that in form ??

After just seeing Bournemouth beating QPR, I hope our game is called off. Best side I've seen this season.

Watching Bournemouth tonight they love throwing themselves on the floor. Jefferson Lerma was guilty about 3 times and he wasn't the only one

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Watching Bournemouth tonight they love throwing themselves on the floor. Jefferson Lerma was guilty about 3 times and he wasn't the only one
    Fulham were the same under Scott Parker, cheating *uckers

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Fulham were the same under Scott Parker, cheating *uckers
    They were horrible under Woodgate as well though. Seems to run through the club making Parker a good fit

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    After just seeing Bournemouth beating QPR, I hope our game is called off. Best side I've seen this season.
    They could be a great side if only they didn't constantly feign injury and waste time. All teams do it but they seem to have taken it to another level under the management of the used car salesman. They did the same at CCS last September.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    This (didn't see your comment before posting the same thing). They are horrible to watch as a neutral and even worse when we play them. Lerma spent more time on the deck than he did playing. Even one of his own players (can't remember which one) was embarrassed and tried to help him up!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    They could be a great side if only they didn't constantly feign injury and waste time. All teams do it but they seem to have taken it to another level under the management of the used car salesman. They did the same at CCS last September.
    Fair comment. Acting or not, if they play like they did at times v QPR they will walk all over us.

Fair comment. Acting or not, if they play like they did at times v QPR they will walk all over us.
    I agree with you. Their pace, running off the ball, and passing was pretty impressive I admit. I was feeling calm about things after Birmingham but I'm getting a bit twitchy now I admit.

Match facts

• Bournemouth are looking to complete a league double over Cardiff for the first time since the 1999-00 season under Mel Machin.
    • Following a 2-1 win at the Vitality Stadium last season, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive away league games against Bournemouth for the first time.
    • Having been unbeaten in their first seven home league games this season (W5 D2), Bournemouth have now lost two of their last four at the Vitality Stadium (W1 D1).
    • Since beating Blackpool 2-0 in their first away league game this season, Cardiff haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 on the road. However, the Bluebirds are unbeaten in their last four away games in the Championship (W2 D2).
    • Bournemouth have lost their final league game in each of the last three calendar years. They’ve never done so in four consecutive years in their history in the top four tiers of English football.

2-0 Bournemouth
    😥

We'll be lucky to get anything out of this game. Even a draw has to be seen as a good result. Same for WBA - we have some tough fixtures coming up.

2-0 Bournemouth
    ��
    Three I reckon….have we got wintle back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Three I reckon….have we got wintle back yet?
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if its 3-0

No news on Wintle from CCFC or Blackpool

I'd forgotten how crap our midfield is.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Interesting to see Vaulks and Bacuna back in midfield. Either Morison is strengthening midfield or 1 or 2 may still be feeling covid after effects.