Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
There were also several instances in the 2nd half where I specifically recall both Nelson and Flint had time to bring the ball under control and make a simple pass to retain possession. Nelson lumped his long into Bournemouth’s half where we had no players and Flint, with plenty of time, blasted his straight out into touch, not even making the halfway line . I don’t see Morison commenting on that.

I think the point is why specifically pick on Davies when they were several poor performances from much more senior pros. Morison actually says it can be seen as an easy target picking on a youngster and you know what Steve, yes it is and it doesn’t reflect well
In the 1st 15 minutes Nelson misplaced the simplest of passes out of defence straight to a Bournemouth player - about 5 yds from where he was aiming. A moment later he 'passed' to Giles when the ball was bouncing. He couldn't bring it under control so just lobbed it into the air in the general direction of Giles, who had to control the ball with a Bournemouth player tight on him. True, Morison hasn't criticized Nelson, but Nelson isn't capable of passing or controlling a football, so criticism would be pointless. Morison knows Davies could and should have done better.