+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: FT: AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    There were also several instances in the 2nd half where I specifically recall both Nelson and Flint had time to bring the ball under control and make a simple pass to retain possession. Nelson lumped his long into Bournemouth’s half where we had no players and Flint, with plenty of time, blasted his straight out into touch, not even making the halfway line . I don’t see Morison commenting on that.

I think the point is why specifically pick on Davies when they were several poor performances from much more senior pros. Morison actually says it can be seen as an easy target picking on a youngster and you know what Steve, yes it is and it doesn’t reflect well
    In the 1st 15 minutes Nelson misplaced the simplest of passes out of defence straight to a Bournemouth player - about 5 yds from where he was aiming. A moment later he 'passed' to Giles when the ball was bouncing. He couldn't bring it under control so just lobbed it into the air in the general direction of Giles, who had to control the ball with a Bournemouth player tight on him. True, Morison hasn't criticized Nelson, but Nelson isn't capable of passing or controlling a football, so criticism would be pointless. Morison knows Davies could and should have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post

Totally agree with that statement. I am really totally behind this appointment as I thought he would bring a different style. I realise the squad we have is poor, but good managers try creative changes to see if they work. I am assuming Pack will be straight back into midfield now Bacuna is missing ? Why not try Pack in the back four ? Why not try Bagan at LB and play a back four ? I am not saying any of these would work but at least it would show the manager was trying.
    the thing is, with the position we are in, the press / fans would be very quick to call for his head if changes didnt work, he is truly dammed either way

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the thing is, with the position we are in, the press / fans would be very quick to call for his head if changes didnt work, he is truly dammed either way
    I'm not sure that's true. I think everyone who supported his appointment, and there are many of us, wanted a fresh head with fresh ideas. We all know we have a pretty poor squad and we all knew it would be a tough challenge to avoid relegation. But I think most of us wanted a fresh start and the team that was selected last night harks back to the bad old days. In my opinion Vaulks, Bacuna, Nelson and Pack must be avoided at all cost if we have any chance. Morison must try new formations.

Nelson has been appalling for some time and is a liability. Surely now must be the time we look to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Nelson has been appalling for some time and is a liability. Surely now must be the time we look to replace him.
    We have too many players who just can't play. The three at the back have difficulty passing a ball. Ng- What's he about then? The midfield three that started last night can't play, what can we do? This has been coming for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We have too many players who just can't play. The three at the back have difficulty passing a ball. Ng- What's he about then? The midfield three that started last night can't play, what can we do? This has been coming for ages.
    You're absolutely right! What's happened to Tom Sang and Bagan and I wonder how long it is before Sam Bowen is fit? Chuck Wintle into the mix and we have the basis of a new midfield alongside Ralls. I'm increasingly getting concerned about NG's ability.

I just expected a bit more experimentation from Morison but last night's selection has knocked my faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ng is not a wing back for me, he should either be a traditional full back or moved into the back 3 to provide some extra pace and poise back there

I'm hoping Nelson, Pack, Vaulks and Bacuana can all be replaced with loanees during this window. I'm not going to hold me breath though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm hoping Nelson, Pack, Vaulks and Bacuana can all be replaced with loanees during this window. I'm not going to hold me breath though
    We have Wintle & Bowen to come back into midfield, I'd be surprised if we signed anyone in there as much as we need one

I'm not sure that's true. I think everyone who supported his appointment, and there are many of us, wanted a fresh head with fresh ideas. We all know we have a pretty poor squad and we all knew it would be a tough challenge to avoid relegation. But I think most of us wanted a fresh start and the team that was selected last night harks back to the bad old days. In my opinion Vaulks, Bacuna, Nelson and Pack must be avoided at all cost if we have any chance. Morison must try new formations.
    agreed, but results are also important, as soon as we are safe, then look at different Barcelona styles of play

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    agreed, but results are also important, as soon as we are safe, then look at different Barcelona styles of play
    Agreed but picking the same team as we did last night we'll never be safe and we'll be looking at a Dover Athletic kind of play