+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby beat WBA, Bournemouth win at QPR

Derby beat WBA, Bournemouth win at QPR

Back to back poor away games for Albion.

1-0 defeat at Derby today and a 0-0 prior to that at Barnsley.

Also today is QPR v Bournemouth. ko 5:30pm

Re: Derby beat WBA

Defensive howler, rather than Derby being good.

Fair play to Rooney. Think he's proved a few people wrong (including myself).

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Defensive howler, rather than Derby being good.
    West Brom looked ponderous and lacking any imagination and pace.

Derby, limited as they were worked their nuts off and threw themselves at everything. Also looked well organised at the back.

Another clean sheet for Derby. Just 21 goals conceded so far this season. Only three teams in the Championship have a better defensive record - West Brom (18), Fulham (19) and Bournemouth (20). That's particularly impressive considering the club's problems.

Watched the game throughout.
    Derby offered absolutely nothing and were gifted a goal through an absolute howler by WBA.
    Even though they offered nothing going forward, Derby showed what can be done if you battle for every ball against a side who are not prepared to go toe to toe. When we come to play Derby, the one thing we must not do is concede early as it will be game over.
    WBA have gone back since they beat us. Not a lot of creativity and lacking an end product. Had a number of decent chances, particularly 1st half but all missed target.
    When we play them we have to match Derby's desire. I think we can offer more up top, WBA defence certainly prone to error.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Fair play to Rooney. Think he's proved a few people wrong (including myself).
    Yes he certainly stuck at it , to be fair he played his football like that , he'd chase down a ball in 93rd mintute even if his side was 3 nil up

No big deal. West Brom struggling for goals right now. Any opposition would fancy their chances over 90 minutes. Can see Cardiff winning this Sunday to be honest. That wouldn’t be a shock either.

i dont think derby will go down, they have the bit between their teeth and are now the ultimate underdogs

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    No big deal. West Brom struggling for goals right now. Any opposition would fancy their chances over 90 minutes. Can see Cardiff winning this Sunday to be honest. That wouldn’t be a shock either.
    If West Brom have been struggling for goals, they’ll really be looking forward to a visit from one clean sheet all season Cardiff - we’re going to be down there for the duration if we continue to have to score twice, at least, to win.

They can keep clean sheets.

They should still be gone but we may still need something else to be found on them

Re: Derby beat WBA, Bournemouth win at QPR

Bloody hell those Bournemouth players are precious. We have to be careful on Thursday as they go down quicker than [insert own joke here]

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Another clean sheet for Derby. Just 21 goals conceded so far this season. Only three teams in the Championship have a better defensive record - West Brom (18), Fulham (19) and Bournemouth (20). That's particularly impressive considering the club's problems.
    Thoroughly impressive considering the circumstances

A great turnaround aswell as they were one of the worst, least organised sides I can recall seeing when they played down here last season

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If West Brom have been struggling for goals, they’ll really be looking forward to a visit from one clean sheet all season Cardiff - we’re going to be down there for the duration if we continue to have to score twice, at least, to win.
    I agree Paul. I just looked at the league table and it is not looking good. We have players that will not be at their sharpest due to lack of training and covid recovery. And Bournemouth and West brom will be confident playing us at home. I would accept 2 points from these games.
    Spedger

An excellent effort from Derby, they really wanted it. Teams will find them hard to beat if they can retain these players during January.