+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Josh Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I've a feeling that we started the rot with him.
    There is 100% a player in there.
    If he has the mental fortitude to dig it out himself of if someone else can get it out is another matter.
    From my memories of him in the top flight he was happy to hover around the half way line looking for an opportunity to attack. He got fans standing up in anticipation. He had pace, was direct and could score goals. He was never that defensively minded.

He's possibly a player who would thrive in the top flight but when asked to be the team player needed in the Championship it wasn't his game.

Re: Josh Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    From my memories of him in the top flight he was happy to hover around the half way line looking for an opportunity to attack. He got fans standing up in anticipation. He had pace, was direct and could score goals. He was never that defensively minded.

He's possibly a player who would thrive in the top flight but when asked to be the team player needed in the Championship it wasn't his game.
    I cannot see him ‘thriving’ in the premier league. He had a few games where he was the best player on the pitch in the Prem but that was almost 5 years ago and has been under performing since. The way football is now they cannot allow a player a free role just to attack.

At Man City everyone fights hard to win the ball back. No one sits on the halfway line. Same for every top team. He’s not good enough offensively to be forgiven for his defensive issues

Used to back him to the bitter end but I’ve given up with him