+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racial abuse of Gerwyn Price has to stop.

Re: Racial abuse of Gerwyn Price has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just saw the English crowd singing the praises of Gary Anderson ....against an English man ...
    Nah - The jocks are in town

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    How is a mainly white crowd giving a white man grief racist?
    He hasn't helped himself in the past but I don't think he will worry about it too much.
    In fact he seems to feed of the negativity.
    It's not about skin colour. Precedent has been set previously.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4227100.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    It's not about skin colour. Precedent has been set previously.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4227100.stm
    Yeah so you lot better watch out ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Don't really disagree with the genesis of your point, but I hope you have this energy for anti English sentiment that Cardiff fans dish out home and away.
    This was foul and obscene abuse directed at an INDVIDUAL in a closed arena with his wife and kids present with the broadcaster doing absolutely nothing about it . Any abuse of this sort cannot be condoned in any situation and I abhor the morons that bring sport into disrepute.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    This was foul and obscene abuse directed at an INDVIDUAL in a closed arena with his wife and kids present with the broadcaster doing absolutely nothing about it . Any abuse of this sort cannot be condoned in any situation and I abhor the morons that bring sport into disrepute.
    I'm not saying that all of the people who abused Price are racist, that would be daft, although i would say that someone who is Anti racist wouldn't sing songs like that. I don't see it as banter.

Seems like the proper darts fans are back tonight.

You may be interested that countless complaints to Offcom about this incident have been made.
    Out of interest, how many were yours?

The treatment of Gerwyn Price by sections of the crowd at Ally Pally last night is unacceptable. Price IMO was visibly disturbed by it in his post match interview and yet no mention of it was made by SKY nor its commentary team. What happened to “ I am sorry if you heard any industrial language”. No one seemed concerned that the guy’s wife and kids were in the audience. The Sun was only concerned with a small spat between Price and his opponent. Let’s face it the barrage of abuse was not vented at Price just because he is good but because he is Welsh!!
    Really, it has to stop?
    Have you never heard the abuse that City fans dish out those that are English, despite many of our players being English.
    C’mon!

Wayne Mardle tweeted that several people were ejected last night.
    Time will tell if this will filter through to the crowds for the rest of the tournament.

The whole sheep shaggin stuff is old, boring, and unimaginative - like so many football chants (same old tunes, insert club). For me, it's had its day. I've said before, as far as the word banter is concerned, it's too easy to hide behind it. Don't like the term myself as it's too often used to defend or condone bullying, racism, abuse etc.

Apologies Didn’t notice this thread when i started s similar one.
    I think the crux of the matter here, and on the other thread is getting mis construed.
    I’d imagine any Welshman worth his salt, has been called a sheep shagger, or worse, in his time. I have. Does it bother me? Not one iota.
    The problem arises when the PC mob and authorities get involved, and start condemning and banning certain chants and songs at sporting venues.
    A precedent is then started, which is opening a large can if worms, as to what is acceptable and what isn’t.
    I’d say anyone who chants racist phrases or songs at sporting events, are either thick as shit, or harbour deep rooted hatred.
    Most folk can identify when “Banter” is getting out of hand. Sadly, there are many who can’t.

What do you expect the broadcaster to do about it? They are merely broadcasting the event and are not responsible for the people at the event.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Out of interest, how many were yours?
    A pathetic reply. Incidentallly one. Check out after the next round when Price faces an English guy.

One thing ive missed since switching off Skysports is the darts.

So is this anti price chanting or is it a hate filled mob against the Welsh.

Was Jonny Clayton treated the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    What do you expect the broadcaster to do about it? They are merely broadcasting the event and are not responsible for the people at the event.
    Are you serious, I mean are you serious?. Why the hell do you think Ofcom was set up!!

It always looked a good craic at the darts, but chanting has been a little hateful at times.

But that’s what we hear on the TV and I guess a lot has been edited out.
    I feel sorry for Gerwyn’s family in attendance, it must be upsetting to be subject to that abuse.
    Thankfully he is getting the job done and silencing them with his talent. Some of the idiots who seem to be taking it too far are being ejected.

Hopefully when the premier league comes to Cardiff he has Red Wall type of support.

It's not really relevant whether his family were in attendance or not. They are equally protected under the 2010 Equality Act, whether they are in the audience or watching at home.
    If the crowd started singing 'get your t1ts out...' towards Fallon Sherrock, or 'you fat bastard' towards another player, they are protected under the law as much as Gerwyn Price should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    One thing ive missed since switching off Skysports is the darts.

So is this anti price chanting or is it a hate filled mob against the Welsh.

Was Jonny Clayton treated the same?
    No

What about the chant "all stand up if you hate Boris"" ?? He's got a Welsh dog ,has a young family , comes from a Turkish background , and is our PM, isn't that treason?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What about the chant "all stand up if you hate Boris"" ?? He's got a Welsh dog ,has a young family , comes from a Turkish background , and is our PM, isn't that treason?
    It is treason and you should be hanged.
    The point is although the laws governing abuse are all embracing they only seem to be applied in cases where the Woke brigade can be considered likely to be offended. In the case of Price,Sky didn’t give a toss initially because Welsh sensitivity to being stereotyped never entered their heads as being of any concern even to the Welsh. That point of view has been borne out by some of the posters on this board. A poem by R.S. Thomas entitled “Reservoirs” might be worth reading.