+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bristol City finances

Re: Bristol City finances

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If you're not that great a side, and you want to sign a particular player, sometimes you have to tempt them into signing - like offering them a long contract, or a higher than usual salary. That's the way of the world. Does't always work though, because if it did, we'd be in the Premier by now.
    signing bacuna for 3 million wasn't the biggest disaster we've made (even if all reading fans I know thought we were barmy)
    but then giving him a 4 and a half year deal on premier League wages, when 4 of them have been in the championship and he's hardly a stand out performer for us in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    signing bacuna for 3 million wasn't the biggest disaster we've made (even if all reading fans I know thought we were barmy)
    but then giving him a 4 and a half year deal on premier League wages, when 4 of them have been in the championship and he's hardly a stand out performer for us in this league.
    Was warnocks son bacunas agent? Something was right about that transfer…..

First Team

According to a post on OTIB Their turnover fell from GBP 27.2m in 2020 to GBP 16.6m in 2021. I'm not sure on the actual periods covered but if the former turnover figure is non-Covid, how can they put down a near GBP 39m loss to the pandemic? They seem to be in deep doodoo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was warnocks son bacunas agent? Something was right about that transfer…..
    Neil conniving Warnock

we shoud be more focused on our club and the performances than looking at BC and their finances

More on this story. They certainly think lots of other championship clubs are going to be in the same boat. They're probably right. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...essage-6477092