+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who on earth votes for this lot???

Re: Who on earth votes for this lot???

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Had not seen that - the same comments of stupidy apply....
    So you're quite happy to call disabled people handicapped? Do you agree with calling people with a learning disability, retarded, subnormal? What exactly is stupid about any of these 'edicts'? The only thing I find shocking about any of this is that it needs to be stated in the first place. All of the things you seem to be against, to me, appear to be entirely reasonable and justified. Language changes. All words are made up. You seem to be stuck in the past Maurice.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes , keep avoiding the word cost .

If someone asked the the people of Wales what they wanted between 20 more AM 's plus support structure costs , or extra nurses, I think we all know the answer .
    An extra 30 would cost about £12m: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53677704

Good luck solving the long term issues facing our health service with that, I'm sure it'll be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    An extra 30 would cost about £12m: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53677704

Good luck solving the long term issues facing our health service with that, I'm sure it'll be easy.
    I'm sure it could be used somewhere though.

It's not just extra am's, the government here and in London piss money up the wall on all manner of things. It all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    What would he call the Northern Irish? They seem to agree with the loony Welsh left and the loony Scots. Who are doing naff all against record breaking cases? The loony right in London.
    Don't know anything about Northern Ireland but Sturgeon, like Drakeford, is definitely out to make a name for herself and will do the exact opposite of anything England does, no matter what it involves. The point here is that the evidence is clear that Omicron is nowhere near as serious as previous variants and therefore the measures implemented in Wales and Scotland are a total over reaction. Large numbers of cases do not necessarily translate into similar numbers of serious cases, hospitalisations, ICU occupation and deaths. Sturgeon and Drakeford obviously enjoy controlling the lives of their ‘subjects’ and are unlikely to stop trying to do this, even when the pandemic is over.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Don't know anything about Northern Ireland but Sturgeon, like Drakeford, is definitely out to make a name for herself and will do the exact opposite of anything England does, no matter what it involves. The point here is that the evidence is clear that Omicron is nowhere near as serious as previous variants and therefore the measures implemented in Wales and Scotland are a total over reaction. Large numbers of cases do not necessarily translate into similar numbers of serious cases, hospitalisations, ICU occupation and deaths. Sturgeon and Drakeford obviously enjoy controlling the lives of their ‘subjects’ and are unlikely to stop trying to do this, even when the pandemic is over.
    Or the bufoon is just terrified of upsetting his back benchers.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You say Wales & Scotland, what about the countries on the continent who have implemented new restrictions? Are they all wrong as well? It seems that England is the nation that’s out on a limb. The worrying thing is is that it’s the one that’s closest to us and if things do go drastically tits up there we’re right in the firing line. I don’t think it’s a case of England = correct, the rest of us = incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'm sure it could be used somewhere though.

It's not just extra am's, the government here and in London piss money up the wall on all manner of things. It all adds up.
    Yes, governments do waste money, but the extra Senedd members thing is both regularly brought up by people who don't like the Senedd and actually not that big a cost in the grand scheme of things. It also brings a host of benefits to the workings of the Senedd and should save money through the better scrutiny and legislation it should bring

I get that "we need more politicians" is a tough argument to sell, but the size of our national legislature being increased to 80-100 members is hardly an extravagance, it's smaller than Cardiff Council at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or the bufoon is just terrified of upsetting his back benchers.
    Yes, let's see what the general public think:

A) Is it Drakeford and Sturgeon trying to make names for themselves so that they may be chosen for the next Hollywood blockbuster or......

B) Boris Johnson is controlled and emasculated by the fruit.loops on the right wing of his party who probably wouldn't vote for restrictions even if people were dropping dead in the streets.

Hmm...I'm not sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55202415

11 miles of road.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59796648

project, to turn the 11-mile stretch (18km) of the A465 into dual carriageway between Dowlais and Hirwaun, has a £590m price tag.

Taxpayer will end up paying over £1bn due to the funding model.

Now that helps NHS Wales

11 miles of road.

project, to turn the 11-mile stretch (18km) of the A465 into dual carriageway between Dowlais and Hirwaun, has a £590m price tag.

Now that helps NHS Wales
    The NHS are still waiting for the extra £350m a week the brexit loons displayed on their buses.

11 miles of road.

Now that helps NHS Wales
    How much is HS2 costing? £100 billion?

As you’re going off on tangents, I’d just throw that in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    How much is HS2 costing? £100 billion?

As you’re going off on tangents, I’d just throw that in there.
    More like fractals!

I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologise if it has already been pointed out, but the Welsh Government's style guide has the same advice as the UK Government's. https://nation.cymru/news/welsh-gove...ernment-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You say Wales & Scotland, what about the countries on the continent who have implemented new restrictions? Are they all wrong as well? It seems that England is the nation that’s out on a limb. The worrying thing is is that it’s the one that’s closest to us and if things do go drastically tits up there we’re right in the firing line. I don’t think it’s a case of England = correct, the rest of us = incorrect.
    I am not saying that there shouldn't be any restrictions in Wales and Scotland but shutting down outdoor sporting events in the manner in which they did it was/is ludicrous. Especially whilst at the same time continually stating that they are ‘driven by the science and data’, whilst totally ignoring the science and data about the Omicron data. Also, continually stating that Covid is driven by indoor infections mainly between families and friends with a greatly reduced risk of outdoor infection and then basically closing down outdoor activities whilst only fiddling around the edges in other areas, makes them look even more stupid and incompetent.

I would rather have Drakeford , as idiosyncratic as he is , in charge of Wales than Andrew RT Davies and the Conservatives !

Jesus Christ no way

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would rather have Drakeford , as idiosyncratic as he is , in charge of Wales than Andrew RT Davies and the Conservatives !

Jesus Christ no way
    I'd like to know how much the RT in his name is costing in extra printing materials. It all adds up!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd like to know how much the RT in his name is costing in extra printing materials. It all adds up!
    It's a lot cheaper abbreviated: imagine the cost if it were printed as Right Tit.