+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another ridiculous VAR decision

Another ridiculous VAR decision

Harry Kane's effort ruled out because his shirt sleeve was offside.

FHtRno6VgAILP93.jpg

Re: Another ridiculous VAR decision

I don't know if it's just my telly, the quality of the picture is dreadful. I'd be really p*ssed if I had to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

FHtRno6VgAILP93.jpg
    Dreadful decision but couldn't happen to someone more deserving

Ditto

I think it's unfair to compare different parts of the players involved. Just use the feet.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I don't know if it's just my telly, the quality of the picture is dreadful. I'd be really p*ssed if I had to pay for it.
    Looks fine on mine. Best I've seen on Amazon actually.

FT: Saints 1 - 1 Spurs. Spurs should have had their goal allowed by bloody hell they had more than enough chances to score a bundle.

Other scores. Palace 3-0 Norwich. Watford 1 - 4 West Ham

Leicester v Liverpool at 8pm

Norwich 10 pts, Newcastle 11pts. We were never that bad as far as points gained at the halfway point of the season were we?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think it's unfair to compare different parts of the players involved. Just use the feet.
    Agreed.

FHtRno6VgAILP93.jpg
    I can't see how they can say that was offside.

It's not VAR. It's the offside rule. It has to be changed.

Norwich 10 pts, Newcastle 11pts. We were never that bad as far as points gained at the halfway point of the season were we?
    We were 17th with 15 points (4 wins, 3 draws), scored 18, conceded 38.

Interesting how the bottom 3 have won 4 games between them so far this season, in 2018/19 it was 7.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We were 17th with 15 points (4 wins, 3 draws), scored 18, conceded 38.

Interesting how the bottom 3 have won 4 games between them so far this season, in 2018/19 it was 7.
    Always surprises me just how bad that Derby team were, Norwich have been absolutely terrible but they've already got more points than them

Thing that confuses me is that they draw lines and try to make it an exact science but they can't possibly know the very specific moment the ball was struck can they? 100th of a second earlier or later and maybe his sleeve is onside.

Personally I'd rather if they have to draw lines and bring out the magnifying glass, they just give the advantage to the attacking team.

Can't see how you can tell from that camera angle anyway. Miles off from looking down the line

Looks fine on mine. Best I've seen on Amazon actually.

What concerns me is that Norwich won the Championship at a canter last season yet cannot compete in The Prem. Is the gap widening?

Why isn't the line parallel with the pitch grassy line?

Quote Originally Posted by Albany View Post
    What concerns me is that Norwich won the Championship at a canter last season yet cannot compete in The Prem. Is the gap widening?
    Brentford are doing fine and Watford aren't terrible, Norwich are just odd

Quote Originally Posted by Albany View Post
    I didn't think that Norwich were as good as some thought they were and i said as much when they beat us at their place, in my opinion we made it easy for them, although i'm not saying that we would have won the game if we had pressed a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why isn't the line parallel with the pitch grassy line?
    Grounsmen had a few beers before getting the mowers out

Agreed, Although Harry Kane, like all footballers uses his arms for balance, movement and shaping his body when he is about to make his move. It does seem harsh, but i don't think it is as bad as some people think it is.

A similar situation tonight, Foden’s goal given though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed, Although Harry Kane, like all footballers uses his arms for balance, movement and shaping his body when he is about to make his move. It does seem harsh, but i don't think it is as bad as some people think it is.
    The thing is for me is that it was about being level and the attacker was always supposed to get the advantage or at least the benefit of the doubt. And then there's the whole clear and obvious thing. For an attacker's feet to be level and his shoulder or hand or shirt sleeve to be deemed in front just seems like taking it to extremes. If you can't look at a replay without drawing several lines and decide whether or not a player is offside then he shouldn't be offside. It goes the other way too. Give some power back to the linesman.

The thing is for me is that it was about being level and the attacker was always supposed to get the advantage or at least the benefit of the doubt. And then there's the whole clear and obvious thing. For an attacker's feet to be level and his shoulder or hand or shirt sleeve to be deemed in front just seems like taking it to extremes. If you can't look at a replay without drawing several lines and decide whether or not a player is offside then he shouldn't be offside. It goes the other way too. Give some power back to the linesman.
    Completely with you. I don't like it, although pundits, fans, football officials etc were calling for it quite vociferously and officials were getting battered over the tiniest of mistakes. Maybe if people hadn't been so reactionary and saw the game for what it is then we would not have this technology in place. It's as much as a safety net for officials as it is an indicator for the officials.

By the letter of the law, Kane is offside, the officials have done their job, and it seems that's what plenty of supporters wanted when things didn't go their way.

I preferred the old rules, I preferred mistakes by players and officials, you win some, you lose some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Completely with you. I don't like it, although pundits, fans, football officials etc were calling for it quite vociferously and officials were getting battered over the tiniest of mistakes. Maybe if people hadn't been so reactionary and saw the game for what it is then we would not have this technology in place. It's as much as a safety net for officials as it is an indicator for the officials.

By the letter of the law, Kane is offside, the officials have done their job, and it seems that's what plenty of supporters wanted when things didn't go their way.

I preferred the old rules, I preferred mistakes by players and officials, you win some, you lose some.
    Absolutely. Goal line technology was fine, but I was against var all along. It's improved, it seems we were getting this every week at one point, but it's fixing a problem that wasn't really there.

If pundits had analysed a game instead of taking the easy way out and talked about the ref, we wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Absolutely. Goal line technology was fine, but I was against var all along. It's improved, it seems we were getting this every week at one point, but it's fixing a problem that wasn't really there.

If pundits had analysed a game instead of taking the easy way out and talked about the ref, we wouldn't be here.
    The thing that gets me about pundits, ex players etc is that they've played the game, they know how these things work, they even out, and they also know that it's excuse making. They would be drilled from an early age to know that they shouldn't give a referee or an opponent the opportunity to get one over on them, if they get themselves in a shit position then it's their fault, not the officials. They're high end professionals, they know the score.