+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another ridiculous VAR decision

Re: Another ridiculous VAR decision

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I play at a low level obviously, but I find the few games a season when I'm at centre back much easier than the rest of the time in midfield or attack. I'm a poor tackler, but just reading the game and positioning yourself properly does most of the job for you.
    I played up front for years before dropping back to centre back when the years were catching up. Found it a lot easier playing at the back facing the goal we were attacking, albeit a fair way back, rather than playing with my back to goal, trying to flick it on or hold it up with someone breathing down my neck. The heading part of the game was much simpler as a defender, if the ball was launched forward it was a case of winning it in the air and heading it forward, more or less job done and a ‘well done’ from the lads. Playing up front it was a case of twisting your head in the air in an attempt to flick it on accurately to your co striker. If you headed it into touch or to one of their lot it was a case of ‘for f*ck’s sake’ from the lads. Much harder up front in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I play at a low level obviously, but I find the few games a season when I'm at centre back much easier than the rest of the time in midfield or attack. I'm a poor tackler, but just reading the game and positioning yourself properly does most of the job for you.
    Interesting. It just seems stressful to me. I used to play up front and it was all about having fun and scoring. I was pretty lazy, I didn't help out much. But I made a lot of runs and was decent in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Did Attwell book the Man City player when he scored and took his shirt off ??

Nothing came up on my screen
    He picked up a yellow card, I assume for that.