+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banter, or over stepping the mark ?

Re: Banter, or over stepping the mark ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't say anything is best or you will be cancelled
    you can't cancel something that you haven't subscribed to

In a recent message to its members the Trust have published the minute of the meeting back in October when this subject was raised. The minute was taken by the club and, belatedly, issued weekend before last. It reads......

"Everyone in attendance was unanimously against the chant including representatives from South Wales Police and Cardiff City Football Club. The supporters’ groups will raise the issue with their members”

So, the club have taken a position against the Hymns and Arias song. The Trust have now contacted their members for their views to feedback to the club.

Having taken a position against the song the assumption must be that the club, when provided with a wider breadth of opinion, will try to do something about it if that opinion reflects that of the meeting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In a recent message to its members the Trust have published the minute of the meeting back in October when this subject was raised. The minute was taken by the club and, belatedly, issued weekend before last. It reads......

"Everyone in attendance was unanimously against the chant including representatives from South Wales Police and Cardiff City Football Club. The supporters’ groups will raise the issue with their members”

So, the club have taken a position against the Hymns and Arias song. The Trust have now contacted their members for their views to feedback to the club.

Having taken a position against the song the assumption must be that the club, when provided with a wider breadth of opinion, will try to do something about it if that opinion reflects that of the meeting ?
    I've got to be honest I hope they never sing it again, anywhere. I absolutely detest the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    A man needs a release somehow.
    Vaseline does it for me.

Easy to say it’s only banter when youre not on the receiving end. Having thousands of people booing and abusing him clearly took its toll. Screaming out when he’s on doubles. It’s his livliehood and people are having an effect on it. His wife and daughters are also there and have to witness their dad getting abused like that.

But hey, it’s only banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've got to be honest I hope they never sing it again, anywhere. I absolutely detest the tune.
    You make it sound as if it’s the tune that is the problem and not the words

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    You make it sound as if it’s the tune that is the problem and not the words
    No I hate the words and the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No I hate the words and the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Vaseline does it for me.
    Never use Vaseline to banter someone up the arsenal.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Never use Vaseline to banter someone up the arsenal.
    The only genuine reason to use is if you mix it with petrol when making Molotov cocktails. Oh oops sorry wrong thread