+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Levelling up defined.

Levelling up defined.

Re: Levelling up defined.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wait with interest for the inevitable call for 'balance' from LOM or James - who no doubt will be able to point to a pot hole filled in on a Council estate in Sunderland or similar.

You've got to hand it to these Tories; they don't half look after their own.

Levelling up success will be decided by democracy.

Sadly Labour didn't think of it first and it didn't tap into the views of the electorate in the North East and Scotland. .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Levelling up success will be decided by democracy.

Sadly Labour didn't think of it first and it didn't tap into the views of the electorate in the North East and Scotland. .
    Yeah, you’ve got to hand it to Johnson and his crew, when it comes to cheap and vacuous slogans they’ve got the rest beat.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wait with interest for the inevitable call for 'balance' from LOM or James - who no doubt will be able to point to a pot hole filled in on a Council estate in Sunderland or similar.
    No, if the story is as reported (and it probably isn't) then it's obviously outrageous.

But is it a typical story of the levelling up finds? Or is this just the equivalent of someone posting a story about an NHS funded diversity course and claiming the whole NHS wastes money as a result?

If there's 99 good things and one bad, some people will just focus on the one bad and convince themselves the whole thing is rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No, if the story is as reported (and it probably isn't) then it's obviously outrageous.

But is it a typical story of the levelling up finds? Or is this just the equivalent of someone posting a story about an NHS funded diversity course and claiming the whole NHS wastes money as a result?

If there's 99 good things and one bad, some people will just focus on the one bad and convince themselves the whole thing is rotten.
    He made the trains run on time though, didn't he?

Well it’s reported in your wonderful, truthful Daily Heil so it must be true.

I see everyone avoided your excellent point in the last para ,what a shock . I'm sure the people of the levelling up lands will decide on its success at the next election .

I see everyone avoided your excellent point in the last para ,what a shock . I'm sure the people of the levelling up lands will decide on its success at the next election .
    Go on, name 99 good things then.

It's not an excellent point at all. It would be excellent if he could reference even a small number of 'levelling up' policies that have actually made a difference. But, yes, you are right - ultimately we will see what 'levelling-up land' (I like that by the way ) makes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    It's not an excellent point at all. It would be excellent if he could reference even a small number of 'levelling up' policies that have actually made a difference. But, yes, you are right - ultimately we will see what 'levelling-up land' (I like that by the way ) makes of it.
    Not a lot currently according to this;-

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...starmer-tories

Incidentally, I love the way the hack puts everyone’s age after mentioning them, it seems so quaint these days.

Nope, but as usual we get a weird reference to Mussolini and a very clever play on words calling the Daily Mail the Daily Heil. Clever stuff and definitely not indicative of people who are ideologically possessed

Nonetheless, its a fair point that in criticising an emphasis on a small number of negatives, the bigger picture should be presented.

So here's a bigger list. I note Bury FC benefitting too, bringing football back to the community. But that's good news isn't it, and who wants to read that?

https://www.constructionenquirer.com...cts-full-list/

Nope, but as usual we get a weird reference to Mussolini and a very clever play on words calling the Daily Mail the Daily Heil. Clever stuff and definitely not indicative of people who are ideologically possessed

Nonetheless, its a fair point that in criticising an emphasis on a small number of negatives, the bigger picture should be presented.

So here's a bigger list. I note Bury FC benefitting too, bringing football back to the community. But that's good news isn't it, and who wants to read that?

'£300,000 for the North East Homeless Hub, North Shields.'

Not bad this leveling up stuff but they
    could have got the private estate of a Tory peer re-tarmacced for that cost though. Waste of money.

Happy to explain the Mussolini reference for you.

You said that the Tories might do 99 good (but unspecified) things while everyone concentrates on one (an underestimate) bad thing.

It may be the case that that one bad thing is not evened out by the 99 good things.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Happy to explain the Mussolini reference for you.

You said that the Tories might do 99 good (but unspecified) things while everyone concentrates on one (an underestimate) bad thing.

It may be the case that that one bad thing is not evened out by the 99 good things.
    Which is clearly not the case here.

It’s called the Daily Heil for a reason. It’s a hateful, racist rag.

The Foreign Secretary of a country with over 2000 food banks has spent £1,400 on her lunch. Reported today. Great levelling up and use of my tax NOT!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1985560.html

Which is clearly not the case here.
    Name a few of the 99 and we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Name a few of the 99 and we'll see!
    I posted a full link above.

Ur being played. They don't want you to see good news, do certain papers with an agenda will spin it for you.

If you actually care about improving people's lives then you would be focusing on the many projects I posted above as opposed to a single story that almost certainly doesn't present the full picture.

Ur being played. They don't want you to see good news, do certain papers with an agenda will spin it for you.

If you actually care about improving people's lives then you would be focusing on the many projects I posted above as opposed to a single story that almost certainly doesn't present the full picture.
    Er, if that list you posted appeared in the Guardian you’d be rubbishing it. A trade paper publishes something and you take it as Gospel

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The Foreign Secretary of a country with over 2000 food banks has spent £1,400 on her lunch. Reported today. Great levelling up and use of my tax NOT!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1985560.html
    Sickening!!! Has the woman no shame and what about Johnson insisting office workers should get back to work to support sandwich shops during their lunch breaks?

Hi James.

Just a quick one.

Do you think there should be ANY negatives associated with levelling up?

Especially one where a Tory peer has been given over £300k of tax payers' money to repair a road on their private estate?

You also act like this is the first occasion of cronyism so we should focus on all the positive promises (that's all they are at the moment) the government have made with the Levelling Up bill.

You're not as balanced as you think or pretend to be.

Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Sickening!!! Has the woman no shame and what about Johnson insisting office workers should get back to work to support sandwich shops during their lunch breaks?
    Liz Truss and her companions drank two bottles of dry gin, three £153 bottles of Pazo Barrantes Albariño, a Spanish white wine and two bottles of the French red Coudoulet de Beaucastel at £130 a bottle.

At a working lunch. On expenses. At a Tory donor's establishment. Guzzling up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Liz Truss and her companions drank two bottles of dry gin, three £153 bottles of Pazo Barrantes Albariño, a Spanish white wine and two bottles of the French red Coudoulet de Beaucastel at £130 a bottle.

At a working lunch. On expenses. At a Tory donor's establishment. Guzzling up!!!
    They're taking us for mugs.