+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League Tonight

Premier League Tonight

Are the main contenders trying their hardest to give it to Man City? Brighton equalise late at Stamford Bridge, although Brentford are having a right go against Man City, one down though with 10+ to go.

Re: Premier League Tonight

And VAR denies Manchester a 2nd

Shame isn't it, Man City will run away with it now, especially when Liverpool lose Salah and Mane

Chose to watch the darts tonight so haven't seen any of it.
    Sounds like I didn't miss much.

The only result mattering for me tonight Barnsley losing to Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Shame isn't it, Man City will run away with it now, especially when Liverpool lose Salah and Mane
    What’s your views on that Delmi? I was thinking about it today, is it a flaw in a club’s recruitment policy? It’s well known about the loss of players during the African Nations Cup so should measures be taken not to have too many crucial players at your club who’re likely to be involved? Obviously the three, is it three? players Liverpool will be missing are tremendous players but shouldn’t a club of their standing be going down the road of planning ahead and having more than adequate cover? Hasn’t there been occasions of South American players being unavailable as well?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What’s your views on that Delmi? I was thinking about it today, is it a flaw in a club’s recruitment policy? It’s well known about the loss of players during the African Nations Cup so should measures be taken not to have too many crucial players at your club who’re likely to be involved? Obviously the three, is it three? players Liverpool will be missing are tremendous players but shouldn’t a club of their standing be going down the road of planning ahead and having more than adequate cover? Hasn’t there been occasions of South American players being unavailable as well?
    Yeah Keita as well for Liverpool I think. It's a weird one, you almost get the impression the clubs stick their fingers in their ears and hope it doesn't happen. Or maybe they thought they had enough cover with Jota, Firmino + 1 other but then Salah decided to become the best player in the world

I'm assuming Chelsea will be losing Mendy for at least a couple of weeks. That could cost them a few points. I think if neither Liverpool nor Chelsea get three points on Sunday, it's all over. It's sad that there's only three teams in it in August, but when it's over in January something is terribly wrong.

FA cup is in January, so salah and mane may only miss two PL games. Compared to what they contribute the rest of the time, it's small fry.

Hearing managers of clubs that wanted to do a runner from the Premier League last season bleating on about how hard it is for them over the Christmas period really takes the biscuit. The bigger sides have so many advantages over the rest, but it still seems it’s not enough - seems like “the greatest league in the world” is turning into a procession for the third consecutive season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hearing managers of clubs that wanted to do a runner from the Premier League last season bleating on about how hard it is for them over the Christmas period really takes the biscuit. The bigger sides have so many advantages over the rest, but it still seems it’s not enough - seems like “the greatest league in the world” is turning into a procession for the third consecutive season.
    Well said! 🤙

I rarely watch matches that don't involve Cardiff but I enjoyed the Chelsea v Brighton match.

Brighton are looking a very good side at the moment and I was routing for them last night.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I rarely watch matches that don't involve Cardiff but I enjoyed the Chelsea v Brighton match.

Brighton are looking a very good side at the moment and I was routing for them last night.
    Brentford weren’t bad either, made a much better fist of it against Man City than the pathetic efforts of Leeds and to a lesser extent Newcastle.

And VAR denies Manchester a 2nd
    Offside denied the second goal..VAR confirmed it