+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: Maxwell guilty

  1. #61

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve got Life on Mars down as a Stanley Unwin impersonator.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...rginia+roberts

    You might have thought, given LoM's previous comments on the "innocence" of Prince Andrew's accuser that he would avoid this subject like the plague...... still moth to a flame and all that!

  2. #62

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not a clue, but it brightens the day
    There's a unique poetry to it; reminds me of James Joyce's Ulysses.

  3. #63
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    12,578

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    There's a unique poetry to it; reminds me of James Joyce's Ulysses.
    Oh FFS!

    Now I've got a mental picture of LOM as Molly Bloom!

    What was wrong with Stanley Unwin?

  4. #64

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Oh FFS!

    Now I've got a mental picture of LOM as Molly Bloom!

    What was wrong with Stanley Unwin?
    Ha ha, LOM a Man For All Seasons

  5. #65

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not a clue, but it brightens the day
    It don't half get folk going 😄.

    I'd lock em all up .

    Let's not fool ourselves Prince Andrew , Clinton, Trump ,Gates and many more were close to these awful people, all enjoyed his perverse World, what I'd like to see is the same cases brought against all , not just pathetic Prince Andrew , sadly that won't happen as the Americans listed are much more powerful than Prince Andrew .

    That is my point its not complicated.👍

  6. #66

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It don't half get folk going ��.

    I'd lock em all up .

    Let's not fool ourselves Prince Andrew , Clinton, Trump ,Gates and many more were close to these awful people, all enjoyed his perverse World, what I'd like to see is the same cases brought against all , not just pathetic Prince Andrew , sadly that won't happen as the Americans listed are much more powerful than Prince Andrew .

    That is my point its not complicated.��
    If only people were laughing with you!

    This particular example of "whataboutery" might have greater resonance if your deference to the Royal Family had not led you into some dreadful arguments on this subject.

    You are on record as saying Prince Andrew's accuser and victim of trafficking knew what she was getting into and where were here parents when this was happening. (the good Prince's parents are obviously beyond reproach as they would have no inkling that anything was amiss from his aides and security).

    I had not hitherto seen any suggestion, evidence or innuendo that, unlike the two former Presidents, Bill Gates's friendship with Epstein involved availing himself of his tawdry criminality. Nor, unlike Prince Andrew, has anyone subject or witness to the abuse come forward to justify similar proceedings against Clinton or Trump. If there is such evidence and Maxwell's conviction triggers such an event it would be great to see justice served.

    You might get more sympathy in this thread if saw the proceedings against Prince Andrew, (including giving him the opportunity to exonerate himself in a court of law) as a welcome and long overdue step rather than an opportunity to direct to every other point on the compass.

  7. #67

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If only people were laughing with you!

    This particular example of "whataboutery" might have greater resonance if your deference to the Royal Family had not led you into some dreadful arguments on this subject.

    You are on record as saying Prince Andrew's accuser and victim of trafficking knew what she was getting into and where were here parents when this was happening. (the good Prince's parents are obviously beyond reproach as they would have no inkling that anything was amiss from his aides and security).

    I had not hitherto seen any suggestion, evidence or innuendo that, unlike the two former Presidents, Bill Gates's friendship with Epstein involved availing himself of his tawdry criminality. Nor, unlike Prince Andrew, has anyone subject or witness to the abuse come forward to justify similar proceedings against Clinton or Trump. If there is such evidence and Maxwell's conviction triggers such an event it would be great to see justice served.

    You might get more sympathy in this thread if saw the proceedings against Prince Andrew, (including giving him the opportunity to exonerate himself in a court of law) as a welcome and long overdue step rather than an opportunity to direct to every other point on the compass.
    Of course he is guilty and protected by privilege, back to my point as are others which doesn't seem to bother some , are we saying the lady in question only had a sexual interaction with Andrew and no one else and that's fine , surely everyone should be pursued , or is it case some are even more untouchable as their ex presidents or big profile american elite 🤔

    This is bigger that Prince Andrew perverse actions but it does appear selective.

  8. #68

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Of course he is guilty and protected by privilege, back to my point as are others which doesn't seem to bother some , are we saying the lady in question only had a sexual interaction with Andrew and no one else and that's fine , surely everyone should be pursued , or is it case some are even more untouchable as their ex presidents or big profile american elite 🤔

    This is bigger that Prince Andrew perverse actions but it does appear selective.
    Who are the others that are not bothered by this LoM. Apart from your crass defence of Prince Andrew by intimating that the victim knew what she was getting into I have seen no-one on this board who doesn't want justice for her and others by prosecuting perpetrators to the max.

    She has named a number of other people who she was trafficked to including Alan Dershowitz. What is missing is anyone willing to come forward with evidence against others. I guess when you recall the treatment that the accuser of Brett Kavanaugh received, which you received with some glee, then you can perhaps understand why.

  9. #69

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Sincere apologies, if that’s what Wlllo meant.
    I was referring to Maxwell but apologies accepted Ninnian.

  10. #70

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Thank you sir.

    Though this was a good tweet from Brian Moore.

    “ Prince Andrew- nothing screams innocence like trying to rely on an agreement settled by a paedophile, that you didn't know existed and were not named in when it was agreed.
    Further, if you never met her, how are you a potential defendant?”

    Judges decision due very soon according to reports.

  11. #71

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Lets not forget that Betty Windsor (affectionately known as mummy to our prince Andy) is footing the pauper's legal fees.

    Hiding behind the loophole of a dead sex trafficker? Stay classy, Andrew

    Edit: déjà vu

  12. #72

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Thank you sir.

    Though this was a good tweet from Brian Moore.

    “ Prince Andrew- nothing screams innocence like trying to rely on an agreement settled by a paedophile, that you didn't know existed and were not named in when it was agreed.
    Further, if you never met her, how are you a potential defendant?”

    Judges decision due very soon according to reports.
    Poor Andy, it's a good job he can't work up a sweat. If it were me I'd be in a right lather over it

  13. #73

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Poor Andy, it's a good job he can't work up a sweat. If it were me I'd be in a right lather over it
    Wouldn't any of us want to clear our names and distance ourselves from either Epstein or Maxwell? Wouldn't it be great PR if the royal (waster) was to man up and go and face the charges if he's nothing to hide? I'm hoping he's the first domino to help topple the lot of them. But it's the hope that kills you.

  14. #74

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    I am having a complete mare today. Cut me some slack.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 05-01-22 at 11:24. Reason: Wrong thread again

  15. #75

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Thank you sir.

    Though this was a good tweet from Brian Moore.

    “ Prince Andrew- nothing screams innocence like trying to rely on an agreement settled by a paedophile, that you didn't know existed and were not named in when it was agreed.
    Further, if you never met her, how are you a potential defendant?”

    Judges decision due very soon according to reports.
    It's a gift for the idiot. The judge will have to decide if it'd be worthwhile to try and prosecute. Maybe her team will find some point or action not covered by the agreement so at least he'd have to be tried.

  16. #76

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    His security staff, MI5 and the Royal Family (and probably some members of staff in the eaterie concerned) obviously know if Andrew was indeed at Pizza Express and at home thereafter on the night in question.
    Similarly, his medical records would easily be able back up his claim of not being able to perspire - and would be perfect evidence to undermine his accuser.
    The fact that his legal team is fighting tooth and nail on every front possible rather than going for those two quick wins speaks volumes.

  17. #77

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    His security staff, MI5 and the Royal Family (and probably some members of staff in the eaterie concerned) obviously know if Andrew was indeed at Pizza Express and at home thereafter on the night in question.
    Similarly, his medical records would easily be able back up his claim of not being able to perspire - and would be perfect evidence to undermine his accuser.
    The fact that his legal team is fighting tooth and nail on every front possible rather than going for those two quick wins speaks volumes.
    Objective A for the legal team is to stop it going to court, whether he's innocent or guilty. I'm quite sure he's the latter and some of the stuff his legal team has done is suspicious - like refusing to accept the papers and then saying the papers were not delivered properly. But despite that, they are only doing what any expensive legal team would do at this stage; fight tooth and nail.

    Once they're in the court room, things are less under their control, so they want to avoid that by trying everything.

  18. #78

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Objective A for the legal team is to stop it going to court, whether he's innocent or guilty. I'm quite sure he's the latter and some of the stuff his legal team has done is suspicious - like refusing to accept the papers and then saying the papers were not delivered properly. But despite that, they are only doing what any expensive legal team would do at this stage; fight tooth and nail.

    Once they're in the court room, things are less under their control, so they want to avoid that by trying everything.
    But that's precisely my point i.e. by presenting the evidence I mentioned right now it could assist in the case not going to court.

  19. #79

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    But that's precisely my point i.e. by presenting the evidence I mentioned right now it could assist in the case not going to court.
    True, but they probably also don't want to release security and medical records until they really have to. If it can be stopped any other way, they'll try that first.

  20. #80

    Re: Maxwell guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    True, but they probably also don't want to release security and medical records until they really have to. If it can be stopped any other way, they'll try that first.
    By providing evidence that he has a watertight alibi by dint of being in Pizza Express and at home on the night concerned is hardly going to compromise him or the security services in any way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •