+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bacuna last night

Bacuna last night

Before kick off, I thought we'd be lucky to get even a point from the Bournemouth game, but to be fair, we were still in it until Bacuna's nightmare tackle. If we'd kept all eleven players on the pitch, we may well have snatched a draw. Okay, I admit they were better than us in all departments, but we've pulled off unlikely draws before now, and it still looked do-able, until Leandro lost his cool.

What Bacuna thought he was doing, I have no idea. It didn't look too bad at first, but as the replays showed all the various angles, it got worse and worse. From behind, it's clear that Bacuna leapt off the ground, two-footed, studs showing, and then proceed to wrap both his legs around the player, in a scissor tackle, bringing him to the ground. It was lucky that neither of them were seriously injured, and was a red card all day long. He'll get a three game ban, and though many will argue he should never play for us again (this isn't the first of his misdemeanours), we're far too short in midfield to be completely rid of him.

So what to do?

Re: Bacuna last night

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Before kick off, I thought we'd be lucky to get even a point from the Bournemouth game, but to be fair, we were still in it until Bacuna's nightmare tackle. If we'd kept all eleven players on the pitch, we may well have snatched a draw. Okay, I admit they were better than us in all departments, but we've pulled off unlikely draws before now, and it still looked do-able, until Leandro lost his cool.

What Bacuna thought he was doing, I have no idea. It didn't look too bad at first, but as the replays showed all the various angles, it got worse and worse. From behind, it's clear that Bacuna leapt off the ground, two-footed, studs showing, and then proceed to wrap both his legs around the player, in a scissor tackle, bringing him to the ground. It was lucky that neither of them were seriously injured, and was a red card all day long. He'll get a three game ban, and though many will argue he should never play for us again (this isn't the first of his misdemeanours), we're far too short in midfield to be completely rid of him.

So what to do?
    Getting Wintle back will be a good start.

Bacuna was rash, but I honestly think we'd have lost anyway. Our finishing was non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Bacuna was rash, but I honestly think we'd have lost anyway. Our finishing was non-existent.
    I think that was as bad a performance as any we've seen last night. Struggling to find a +ve tbh

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Agree, although Bacuna by his actions sort of signed the death certificate. What was he thinking?

So what to do?
    I would not play him again. Even before last night's actions he does not deserve to be in the team, as he brings nothing to the table and IMO doesn't give a shit.
    Last night's sending off was like the final letter going on in a game of Hangman. I have never felt the same way about a city player since my first game 49 years ago. Carlton Leonard runs him close, but he cost us bugger all and wasn't on 'Film star' salary. I reckon Bacuna is probably earning more money per month than the entire development team earns. What a waste of club's finances.
    Spedger

So what to do?
    We need a couple of decent loanees in. Otherwise we are going to struggle right up until the end of the season to avoid relegation

Bacuna couldn’t give a toss about being sent off. He coasts through games occasionally flying in with a mistimed tackle designed to try and make it look like he’s showing some effort. He isn’t.

Of all Warnock’s disastrous transfers this is the worst. A 4.5 year deal to a player who wasn’t good enough to warm the bench at Championship strugglers Reading. Quite how James Warnock’s agency Unique Sports Management managed to persuade Neil Warnock and the rest of the Transfer Committee this signing was in the best interests of the club remains a mystery to me!

He's just a shit Harry Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Bacuna couldn’t give a toss about being sent off. He coasts through games occasionally flying in with a mistimed tackle designed to try and make it look like he’s showing some effort. He isn’t.

Of all Warnock’s disastrous transfers this is the worst. A 4.5 year deal to a player who wasn’t good enough to warm the bench at Championship strugglers Reading. Quite how James Warnock’s agency Unique Sports Management managed to persuade Neil Warnock and the rest of the Transfer Committee this signing was in the best interests of the club remains a mystery to me!
    I'm putting 2 and 2 together and I keep on getting 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm putting 2 and 2 together and I keep on getting 4.
    Me too. I wonder if anyone still thinks Neil Warnock is a Cardiff City legend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market. Saving us from relegation, taking us up with the squad we had (spending only around £10m in the process) and then coming within a gnats whisker of keeping us up are the things I will remember and people like you choose to deny or forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Not me anymore, I think he set us back years and years and if I opined the real reasons we've declined under him I fear he'd take me to court.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market. Saving us from relegation, taking us up with the squad we had (spending only around £10m in the process) and then coming within a gnats whisker of keeping us up are the things I will remember and people like you choose to deny or forget.
    Happy New Year David 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post

Unfortunately, I don't think there was any persuading needed between father and son in this particular matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People like me as you so delicately put it give him credit for arriving, turning the team around and then getting promotion the following season. I also give him credit for his work in the transfer market where no fee was involved. However, the negatives of his spell here go quite a way, in my book, to cancel most of the positives. In my book, not a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think that was as bad a performance as any we've seen last night. Struggling to find a +ve tbh
    Really? We weren't exactly horrific and had the two best chances of the game

So what to do?
    IMO Bacuna at his best has never got beyond being average and therefore never won me over as being a fan of his. That happens with some players and not just with me. Despite how hard he may be working he ‘appears’ to me as lazy, off the pace and misses opportunities that we so badly need to be taken. It would take a run of consistently good performances for him to change my mind but I just don’t see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's just a shit Harry Arter.
    He's a shit Willie Boland.