+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sense of impending doom

First Team

Sense of impending doom

HNY Bluebirds.

I have sense of foreboding brought on by the facts that at halfway we are 12 points ahead of Derby, Derby in actuality are 10 points better than us based on results from the first half of the season, we have yet to play two six-pointers against them, and, our last game is of course Derby away.

As Fraser was wont to say ...

Re: Sense of impending doom

Finally! yes! we are crap we've been crap for years and i see no light on the horizon.
    But to make my new year i'd be happy please give me positives for the club next year.

positive alert bacuna is out for 3 games

I’m normally
    Optimistic when it come to Cardiff.
    But I think our form will be much the same as it is now over the remaining months picking up 4-6 points a month.
    I probably would accept a final day shootout against Derby.
    Problem would be that if Derby find themselves in that position which would be a mega achievement on their part - they would actually have accumulated enough points on the pitch for a play off and by no means would we be playing a fellow struggler.

We are too good to go down. A shaky start to the new year then we go on a winning run in February and March beating all comers. Can't see any of the bottom 3 bothering us.

I do think people have got overly negative after a pretty heavy defeat at the league leaders who we were as good as while it was eleven against eleven. My concern is more our manager's reaction to that defeat - I hope we see a more rational attitude from Steve Morison before and after the game because he's going to start "losing the dressing room" if he makes a habit of singling out one player and throwing him under the bus - Morison did not have a good night on Thursday after a decent start to his managerial reign.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I do think people have got overly negative after a pretty heavy defeat at the league leaders who we were as good as while it was eleven against eleven. My concern is more our manager's reaction to that defeat - I hope we see a more rational attitude from Steve Morison before and after the game because he's going to start "losing the dressing room" if he makes a habit of singling out one player and throwing him under the bus - Morison did not have a good night on Thursday after a decent start to his managerial reign.
    Agreed.

I have been, and still am, fully behind Morison.

But Thursday was a low point for him. He made the decision to put Davies on and it didn't work out. A little more self reflection goes a long way.

I find it peculiar that Morison had such strong words about a youngster and less harsh words against Morrison for a ridiculous red card against United and Bacuna for his stupid red card against Bournemouth.... Both the red cards contributed to a loss of an opportunity for points than Davies' performance.

Strange.

Unless Morison comes out and rights his wrong around Davies, then he can go at the end of the season as far as i am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm surprised you thought we were doing so well against Bournemouth up until the sending off Bob. I thought it was more a case of Bournemouth having an off day. I thought Morison's selection of Vaulks and Bacuna was dire and filled me with dread from the outset.

I agree his overreaction with Davies was unforgivable and I think he would do well to eat a large portion of humble pie. But I think he'll get nowhere fast selecting players who have proved their unsuitability in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Unless Morison comes out and rights his wrong around Davies, then he can go at the end of the season as far as i am concerned.
    So regardless of results and the final league position of CCFC at the end of the season you want the manager gone because he criticized a player? Strange.

I think we have to accept that we're not going to pick up many points against the top six sides. What will keep us up (or send us down) is our results against the teams around us, and maybe in mid-table. That run of eight defeats has totally skewed our League position, and it's going to take a good run of results to turn it around.
    We have to stop conceding (people laughed when I asked what Hudson had been saying to them, but nothing has changed, and we're still letting in loads of goals), and we have to start earning points, even if it's through drawing games, instead of losing.

How much money will we lose if we go down? From a business point of view would it be prudent to gamble some of that in January? ANd not January 31st. Today. Two players could make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How much money will we lose if we go down? From a business point of view would it be prudent to gamble some of that in January? ANd not January 31st. Today. Two players could make a huge difference.
    It’s a no brainer, isn’t it really? If a club is going to bring in players surely the spadework should have been done in November/December and all done and dusted start of January. Ridiculous doing your business on January 31st three or four games later, plenty of points potentially down the drain. Points that keep you up/get you up and you’d think the initial early financial output in the window would be more than recouped.

I can't see us signing anyone. If we bring back a couple of the players we have out on loan, that's probably the best we can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I can't see us signing anyone. If we bring back a couple of the players we have out on loan, that's probably the best we can expect.
    You’re probably correct but it’d be annoying if we go the whole month without any additions then find a few bob down the back of the settee and bring in a couple on January 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm surprised you thought we were doing so well against Bournemouth up until the sending off Bob. I thought it was more a case of Bournemouth having an off day. I thought Morison's selection of Vaulks and Bacuna was dire and filled me with dread from the outset.

I agree his overreaction with Davies was unforgivable and I think he would do well to eat a large portion of humble pie. But I think he'll get nowhere fast selecting players who have proved their unsuitability in the past.
    On the nail. We were holding out but not necessarily as good as. But had Moore done better with the two good chances we may have actually come away with something. Decision to start with vaulks and bacuna was criminal and playing Ralls in the wrong position did not help either. Hope he learns from this.
    Spedger

We played the leaders and lost at thier ground 3 nil that's about what was expected. How we perform against the likes of the Brizzies, Preston will tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s a no brainer, isn’t it really? If a club is going to bring in players surely the spadework should have been done in November/December and all done and dusted start of January. Ridiculous doing your business on January 31st three or four games later, plenty of points potentially down the drain. Points that keep you up/get you up and you’d think the initial early financial output in the window would be more than recouped.
    From the little that has been said by Morison my guess is that we have 2-3 loan targets, but expect the parent clubs to slow time any deals until they have a better idea of how Covid has affected their squads. Watters and Wintle back in. Would be very surprised if Murphy or Whyte came back (unless Morison plans to play a back 4 and wants a wing option) and a couple of loans..... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Would be very surprised if Murphy or Whyte came back (unless Morison plans to play a back 4 and wants a wing option)
    I wasn't expecting Whyte to come back either, but another assist for him today - 4 in his last 3 games now. He was whoscored's star man last time out too, so he might if he keeps that form going.

This would definitely be my preferred option. Tan can't afford for us to slip into L1 surely. Others have mentioned the financial millstone of court cases and I'm guessing (I stress) but administration would surely be on the cards? The cynic in me feels that all of this is already planned because we can blame the board, Warnock, Tan as much as we want for running things into the ground but I cannot believe this wasn't factored in a while ago.

Just on the subject of Morison. He's had enough time to know his starting eleven and he doesn't. Two new players recalled (though I feel he should recall Whyte & Murphy too because we're too thin a squad especially during Covid) and A.N. Other loan signing/s will confuse him even more. By January we should have had a settled starting eleven and be looking at not shipping bloody goals in the first 45. The pattern of going a goal down at the break and sneaking a draw or win isn't going to keep us up. I actually thought Bournemouth was a big step backward. I think they could have been beaten (same as when they came to us) but whilst I think our style is changing, it's tactics on the day that I'm concerned about.

How much League 1 and 2 football is on TV? Championship football is shown all over the world. I should imagine that there's a significant drop-off in TV money.

How much League 1 and 2 football is on TV? Championship football is shown all over the world. I should imagine that there's a significant drop-off in TV money.
    I think the bigger drop off will come from massively reduced EPL payments in League One. Championship clubs without parachute payments got about £4.5m this season. Not sure of the figures for L1 and L2 but there is a steep reduction.

TV revenues are in the range of £10-100,000 per match in the Championship (I think £10,000 to away teams) but the amount depends on the day and time slot, and probably an assessment on attraction to neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I wasn't expecting Whyte to come back either, but another assist for him today - 4 in his last 3 games now. He was whoscored's star man last time out too, so he might if he keeps that form going.
    Star man again today, and he only played half an hour. He's on fire!

we will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I’m normally
    Optimistic when it come to Cardiff.
    But I think our form will be much the same as it is now over the remaining months picking up 4-6 points a month.
    I probably would accept a final day shootout against Derby.
    Problem would be that if Derby find themselves in that position which would be a mega achievement on their part - they would actually have accumulated enough points on the pitch for a play off and by no means would we be playing a fellow struggler.
    If it was a final day shootout against Derby then that would mean they would either be one place below us or one above and one of us would be in the bottom three. How on earth, on that basis, you wouldn't class Derby as a ‘fellow struggler’ is beyond me. In those kind of games anything can happen.