+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sense of impending doom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sense of impending doom

How much money will we lose if we go down? From a business point of view would it be prudent to gamble some of that in January? ANd not January 31st. Today. Two players could make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How much money will we lose if we go down? From a business point of view would it be prudent to gamble some of that in January? ANd not January 31st. Today. Two players could make a huge difference.
    It’s a no brainer, isn’t it really? If a club is going to bring in players surely the spadework should have been done in November/December and all done and dusted start of January. Ridiculous doing your business on January 31st three or four games later, plenty of points potentially down the drain. Points that keep you up/get you up and you’d think the initial early financial output in the window would be more than recouped.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s a no brainer, isn’t it really? If a club is going to bring in players surely the spadework should have been done in November/December and all done and dusted start of January. Ridiculous doing your business on January 31st three or four games later, plenty of points potentially down the drain. Points that keep you up/get you up and you’d think the initial early financial output in the window would be more than recouped.
    From the little that has been said by Morison my guess is that we have 2-3 loan targets, but expect the parent clubs to slow time any deals until they have a better idea of how Covid has affected their squads. Watters and Wintle back in. Would be very surprised if Murphy or Whyte came back (unless Morison plans to play a back 4 and wants a wing option) and a couple of loans..... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This would definitely be my preferred option. Tan can't afford for us to slip into L1 surely. Others have mentioned the financial millstone of court cases and I'm guessing (I stress) but administration would surely be on the cards? The cynic in me feels that all of this is already planned because we can blame the board, Warnock, Tan as much as we want for running things into the ground but I cannot believe this wasn't factored in a while ago.

Just on the subject of Morison. He's had enough time to know his starting eleven and he doesn't. Two new players recalled (though I feel he should recall Whyte & Murphy too because we're too thin a squad especially during Covid) and A.N. Other loan signing/s will confuse him even more. By January we should have had a settled starting eleven and be looking at not shipping bloody goals in the first 45. The pattern of going a goal down at the break and sneaking a draw or win isn't going to keep us up. I actually thought Bournemouth was a big step backward. I think they could have been beaten (same as when they came to us) but whilst I think our style is changing, it's tactics on the day that I'm concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    This would definitely be my preferred option. Tan can't afford for us to slip into L1 surely. Others have mentioned the financial millstone of court cases and I'm guessing (I stress) but administration would surely be on the cards? The cynic in me feels that all of this is already planned because we can blame the board, Warnock, Tan as much as we want for running things into the ground but I cannot believe this wasn't factored in a while ago.

Just on the subject of Morison. He's had enough time to know his starting eleven and he doesn't. Two new players recalled (though I feel he should recall Whyte & Murphy too because we're too thin a squad especially during Covid) and A.N. Other loan signing/s will confuse him even more. By January we should have had a settled starting eleven and be looking at not shipping bloody goals in the first 45. The pattern of going a goal down at the break and sneaking a draw or win isn't going to keep us up. I actually thought Bournemouth was a big step backward. I think they could have been beaten (same as when they came to us) but whilst I think our style is changing, it's tactics on the day that I'm concerned about.
    I think it's more of a case that he knows he has a starting 11 he doesn't want. So he's tinkering. Bournemouth were obviously better than us, but until Bacuna got sent off we were more than holding our own. Yesterday we got what on paper was a creditable point. However, we probably should have capitalized in the last 15 minutes and taken all three points. I have the feeling he doesn't trust a lot of the players. And I can't really blame him.