The position Cardiff currently find themselves as we all know was heavily impacted by Mick McCarthy's questionable approach to management up until his final game where Cardiff found themselves 21st on 11 points with 14 games played.

10 games on, Cardiff are still under performing but there are definite signs of improvement under Morison. Yes, 12 points from a possible 30 is not fantastic, but on the form table for the last 10 games that Morison has been in charge, Cardiff have a better return on points than Coventry/Birmingham/Bristol City (11) Blackpool (10), Reading (9), Peterborough (8) and Barnsley (6). And also have the same point return than Bournemouth/Millwall/Luton. It's lower mid table form but still enough to keep Cardiff's head above water.

The original post voiced concerns regarding Derby, who have picked up 3 more points than Cardiff over the last 10 games and have a further 12 points to make up before seasons end. I have reasonable optimism that Cardiff can distance themselves from the relegation zone, a faltering Peterborough and Barnsley is certainly a big help. But I am not too concerned by Derby, who have been outperforming expectations but still have an almighty battle on their hands.

Biggest concern for me is the loss of Giles, who after being deployed at left wing back proved himself to be a key component to the majority of the better displays coming from the Bluebirds. I have not seen enough from Bagan to suggest he can plug that gap so will likely need Morison to perform some magic in the transfer market to fill the position vacated by Giles.