+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: anyone eat at Bills here ? ?

anyone eat at Bills here ? ?

We have one in Bath ( have eaten in 2 in London aswell )

50% off vouchers

https://bills-website.giftpro.co.uk/...boxingdaysale/

valid from tomorrow till end of march

Re: anyone eat at Bills here ? ?

Thanks! That's a great deal. Happy New Year!

It's good just be mindful it's valid until end of March. The Pierre White restaurant did the same thing, was going to buy as a gift but then read the terms, least here it's well stated straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's good just be mindful it's valid until end of March. The Pierre White restaurant did the same thing, was going to buy as a gift but then read the terms, least here it's well stated straight away.

I did mention it in the post, its great if you like Bills and fancy a meal out in the next few months ( of course Drakeford might have them shut down in Wales before long )

Thanks, got a few vouchers.

On a similar note. Village hotels knocking out £25 food n drink vouchers for a tenner

Page can’t be found? All sold out maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If this one has expired look out for others. I have a Bills 5 minutes walk from where I live and the food is fairly decent. They do come out with some very good deals if you look out for them.

What sort of place is it? Can't say I've ever heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    think its expired, it was from Boxing Day to NY day

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    its certainly not fine dining, but they do nice food, a Burger and Fries is under 15 quid, they do sea bass, chicken skewers,

a Starter and a main with a beer will cost you about £25 - 30 quid, which isn't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Just one of those places where you know you won't be gushing for years to come about your meal, but there's a very good chance you'll come away quite happy. I had my retirement 'do' there. 20 people - range of ages, tastes - everyone enjoyed their food. If you order the fish pie, maybe order a salad or chips with it was the only slightly negative comment.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its certainly not fine dining, but they do nice food, a Burger and Fries is under 15 quid, they do sea bass, chicken skewers,

a Starter and a main with a beer will cost you about £25 - 30 quid, which isn't too bad
    Is it? Went for lunch today with my boy and a mate.£82 for not very much. It only cost me £40 thanks to the half price voucher, even that was pushing it!

In Bristol it was okay

Why not avoid soulless chains and patronise locally-owned businesses that have a bit of character?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not avoid soulless chains and patronise locally-owned businesses that have a bit of character?
    My local Bills isn't soulless and has some character.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Is it? Went for lunch today with my boy and a mate.£82 for not very much. It only cost me £40 thanks to the half price voucher, even that was pushing it!
    not sure what you are asking, Is it?

its all just a opinion

I stand by what I said ( as my opinion ), its certainly not fine dining, but they do nice food, we have eaten at 3 " bills " and always had decent food ( we often return to the one in bath ) and we normally spent about 100 quid for the 4 of us, we are all Veggies ( thus the cheaper end of the menu ) so £25 - 30 quid each

Also 40 quid for 3 is Burger King type of money, its certainly better than BK

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    the one in Bath always has a decent atmosphere, certainly not soulless

was in London today. Around Farringdon/Mount Pleasant it's like a ghost town. Boozers all closed (apart from 'spoons) local coffee shops and cafes all closed (but that might be because it's a Saturday and not a regular office day)

a little busier on the south bank near the Tate/Globe but the places that were open were not busy, there was a lack of places to eat until we got to Tower Bridge station/borough market where shops were open but pubs closed.

went from there across to marble arch which had some life but not exactly bustling. had a beer in the hard rock cafe, loads of space and easy enough to just go to the bar and get served.

seeing so many places closed on a saturday and doors locked was quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    The one in the city centre on mill lane is a nice place, only been there once fairly recently for brunch. Good brunch it was too.