+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Ryan Wintle

I know he has had a good season ( so far ) with Blackpool, however , is he actually that good or is our midfield that bad , as I don’t know much about him .

He hasn’t got much experience so I’m wondering if we are expecting too much from him considering our current league position?

Re: Ryan Wintle

No idea. But hes got to be an improvement on Bacuna and Vaulks.

We badly need more quality there. Someone coming in at say Gary O'Neill standard would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

We badly need more quality there. Someone coming in at say Gary O'Neill standard would make a huge difference.
    You're not asking for much are you ?!!

The transformation of our team when O'Neill joined us was staggering. Well, at the very least it showed us how a proper midfielder should perform. A player half as good as him would improve the the current side immeasurably.

Gary O'Neil? He was one of the classiest midfielders we've had in the last 40 years.

Gary O Neill was brilliant for us.

Its not like he went on to play for England or had a career right at the top of the game though.

There must be players out there available for loan who could come in and transform our midfield.

Hopefully Wintle helps but I think we need another as well.

Vaulks and bacuna, you see those names on the team sheet and you already know we are in trouble. Keep playing them and we might well go down which maybe we deserve to anyway ( if Derby and reading hadn’t lost points we might have anyway!)

Keeping the same squad with the additions of those deemed not good enough is a big risk.

If we have scope to bring in loans within FFP then we should use it.

Pity we couldnt ship a few out early.

Unbelievable weve got Bacuna next season as well.

Id love someone at the club to explain his contract. Lets face it he was at feckin Reading not Man City im sure hed have bitten our hands off for a 2 year deal to move to us from Reading.

Kav was in our midfield before O’Neill arrived, so it wasn’t as if we had no quality there and Joe Ledley breaking into the team while O’Neill was here helped as well.

As for Wintle, I’ve watched a couple of Blackpool games recently - he played the whole game against Peterborough in a match Blackpool were quite lucky to win and did nothing eye catching, I’d rate his performance at about six or seven out of ten. He didn’t play at Huddersfield on Boxing Day though in a very entertaining match which Blackpool lost after having a player sent off about three quarters of the way into the match. Blackpool’s midfield were out on their feet in the closing stages of the game and, based on the little I’ve seen of him, they could definitely have done with a Wintle type player to keep things ticking over.

Wintle won’t come here and be like another Gary O’Neill, but, like Sam Bowen, he looks like he can bring a bit of poise to a midfield that is quite headless chickenish at times.

Wintle starts for Blackpool today against Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Isn't O'Neill on the coaching staff at Bournemouth? I'm sure I heard him mentioned during the game.