+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January: Further changes ahead?

January: Further changes ahead?

Will we sign new players?
    Can Morrison get the team winning?
    Will Morrison survive the month?
    What will be the impact on the future of CCFC?

It’s going to be an anxious month.

Re: January: Further changes ahead?

Impending doom

I can’t imagine many changes, a couple of loans recalled. Maybe a couple of additional loans in and out.

Do you mean Morison?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Do you mean Morison?
    I think that much is obvious.

If we lose today, we'll have only taken one point from four matches with a game at home (where we have less chance of picking up pints than we do when we play away) to the division's form team Blackburn to follow. I've not been thinking Morison is under any immediate pressure, but one point from fifteen for a side already in relegation trouble would certainly start to get a lot of Boardrooms twitchy and so I suppose it's possible that he may not see out the month.

I didn't like what he said about Isaak Davies on Thursday and I thought his self proclaimed rant about stats a few weeks back was a bit odd, but, having given him until the end of the season, I think Morison should be allowed that - two managers have failed to stop us being relegation candidates, would a third one be able to do any different?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we lose today, we'll have only taken one point from four matches with a game at home (where we have less chance of picking up pints than we do when we play away) to the division's form team Blackburn to follow. I've not been thinking Morison is under any immediate pressure, but one point from fifteen for a side already in relegation trouble would certainly start to get a lot of Boardrooms twitchy and so I suppose it's possible that he may not see out the month.

I didn't like what he said about Isaak Davies on Thursday and I thought his self proclaimed rant about stats a few weeks back was a bit odd, but, having given him until the end of the season, I think Morison should be allowed that - two managers have failed to stop us being relegation candidates, would a third one be able to do any different?
    Two managers have failed to stop us conceding silly goals. For all of our moans about the style of football we play, we have now conceded in 23 consecutive games. The club record is 29. The way we are going we'll smash that. While Peterborough have conceded the most, they have at least kept 3 clean sheets. We can't even manage that.

No wonder Kieffer Moore was annoyed at missing those chances on Thursday. We need to score 2 at the very least to win games. In the whole of 2021 we won a game 1-0 once. At home we've conceded in 17 successive games, a club record that is growing. It's a total mess. I see no signs that Morison and Hudson are able to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Two managers have failed to stop us conceding silly goals. For all of our moans about the style of football we play, we have now conceded in 23 consecutive games. The club record is 29. The way we are going we'll smash that. While Peterborough have conceded the most, they have at least kept 3 clean sheets. We can't even manage that.

No wonder Kieffer Moore was annoyed at missing those chances on Thursday. We need to score 2 at the very least to win games. In the whole of 2021 we won a game 1-0 once. At home we've conceded in 17 successive games, a club record that is growing. It's a total mess. I see no signs that Morison and Hudson are able to sort it.
    You may be right, but with the stated "no money for transfers"
    I don't see any point in changing the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You may be right, but with the stated "no money for transfers"
    I don't see any point in changing the manager.
    The point would be to give somebody else a chance should Morison show no sign of getting results.
    It would be a twist or bust decision with the most likely scenario being an out of work experienced manager on a short term contract and big bonus rather than a long term solution. Somebody who could kickstart the team for a short period. As the Chairman or owner I would see that as a preferable risk to relegation and the then appointment of a new manager. I wish Morison well this month for all our sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    The point would be to give somebody else a chance should Morison show no sign of getting results.
    It would be a twist or bust decision with the most likely scenario being an out of work experienced manager on a short term contract and big bonus rather than a long term solution. Somebody who could kickstart the team for a short period. As the Chairman or owner I would see that as a preferable risk to relegation and the then appointment of a new manager. I wish Morison well this month for all our sakes.
    Just say it man! You want 'Big Sam'

Reckon Warnock will be back by end of month.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Please don't say that

Trouble is there is no obvious replacement at the moment. When Wilder was around there was but I can’t really think of anyone I would want who would come to us. Think we are just going to have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Some excellent trolling there sir

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Trouble is there is no obvious replacement at the moment. When Wilder was around there was but I can’t really think of anyone I would want who would come to us. Think we are just going to have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.
    Where there are more managers out of work than jobs available you'd be surprised at Where managers end up working.

This "nobody would come to us" line is utter bollocks. They get paid. They would.

We've got a below-par team which we can all see stuggling. The older players whose contracts are ending already know they won't be offered contracts and the young kids aren't ready yet.

Will we sign new players? No

Can Morrison get the team winning? Yes

Will Morrison survive the month? Yes

What will be the impact on the future of CCFC? Nothing .

It’s going to be an anxious month. Yes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Will we sign new players? No

Can Morrison get the team winning? Yes

Will Morrison survive the month? Yes

What will be the impact on the future of CCFC? Nothing .

It’s going to be an anxious month. Yes
    Morrison isn’t the worry, he’s not getting a game at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Morrison isn’t the worry, he’s not getting a game at the moment
    I thought he was asking after the manager but inserted and extra S 😅

If we'd been in the bottom 3 at the end of the year then Morison would have been gone....

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    If we'd been in the bottom 3 at the end of the year then Morison would have been gone....
    Which one , one S or two S

S would be gone, and you won't se SS (barring injuries) for the rest of the season

S would be gone, and you won't se SS (barring injuries) for the rest of the season
    It's sssssssso unsssssure

He's got an ongoing hip problem, which is why his running is so laboured and he looks like he's running though treacle

He's got an ongoing hip problem, which is why his running is so laboured and he looks like he's running though treacle
    And Morrison is now back in contention